Official "What Should I Get/Play Next?" Thread

AOS Puck

I cant decide whether to get Bioshock 2 aswell as 1 or not, i guess i should play the first haha.

I'm part of the minority that preferred BioShock 2 to the first one, so definitely do it. I completed BioShock in one playthrough and then never played it again, BioShock 2 has great DLC and the multiplayer is fun (another minority opinion on my part).

Right, I bought a stupid amount of games in the Xmas sales recently, mainly not awesome but hopefully some that are worth a bash. What do I start with?

Section 8

Bionic Commando

Red Faction Armaggedon

Too Human

Zone of the Enders HD Collection - I know this is gonna be ace, loved the PS2 original

Eat Lead

Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad

Could anyone tell me whether Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is worth €16 (approx. $22)?

It looks great, but I'm not sure how much the game focuses on pulling off combos (which I don't really like in hack n slash)

If you like Bayonetta or Platinum Games (the developers of Metal Gear), you will love the game. It's very fast pace and really hard. But on the other hand if you not a huge Hack n slash fan like you just said you might not like it. I didn't really like it that much. But if you're looking for a good challenge I'd would say pick it up. And i would say it's worth €16, you'll get a lot of replay value.

Right, I bought a stupid amount of games in the Xmas sales recently, mainly not awesome but hopefully some that are worth a bash. What do I start with?

Section 8

Bionic Commando

Red Faction Armaggedon

Too Human

Zone of the Enders HD Collection - I know this is gonna be ace, loved the PS2 original

Eat Lead

I haven't played any of them myself, but I'd start with Too Human or Section 8 as I've heard good things about them.

Section 8

Bionic Commando

Red Faction Armaggedon

Too Human

Eat Lead

Eat Lead is more of a funny game, I would recommend that. Armaggedon is also pretty fun using that one gun that tears buildings apart.

Section 8

Bionic Commando

Red Faction Armaggedon

Too Human

Eat Lead

Definitely Red Faction Armageddon. That game is a ton of fun. Not only do you get to destroy all kinds of crap like in Guerrilla, but now you have the ability to reconstruct everything.

As for the others, for Too Human make sure you have a coop partner, because the game can get quite boring in single player after a while. Section 8 is kind of a lost cause since they shut down the servers. I think that game was meant to be experienced in multiplayer. Haven't played the other games yet, although I do have Onechanbara sitting on my shelf collecting dust LOL.

Section 8

Bionic Commando

Red Faction Armaggedon

Too Human

Eat Lead

Bionic Commando was bad and the checkpoint system is crap. Plus once you get to a checkpoint there is no way to go back and get any collectables you missed. That would be ok if it wasn't for the game glitching you forward (pass collectables) to the next checkpoint.

Too Human was boring to me.

My vote goes to Red Faction and then return the rest. :p

Section 8

Bionic Commando

Red Faction Armaggedon

Too Human

Eat Lead

Eat Lead should be the last game you play on your list, Game is terrible but a fairly easy completion.

I'd start with Red Faction, game is more than decent!

Section 8

Bionic Commando

Red Faction Armaggedon

Too Human

Eat Lead

I'd say if you're looking for some nostalgia fun go with Zone of the Enders HD first. If you're looking for an easy and fun 1000 go with Red Faction Armaggedon. But if i had to pick between all of them i would go with Section 8 but I've never played it but looks interesting.

Eat Lead should be the last game you play on your list, G̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶e̶r̶r̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ but a fairly easy completion.

Don't listen to this guy, game is actually fun if you don't take it serious. Of course I played it in 2011, not sure how outdated it is now :p

Alright, I'm in the market for a new game and my buddy recommended Borderlands. Now, there's a guy who will sell me both for $25. Is it a game worth getting? Want to know a bit more about the game. Does it have a good story, any replay value, etc. Just some general knowledge about whether or not this is a deal I should do. Thanks in advance guys. :)

Both were pretty great, I preferred the first one over the 2nd. Calling the original "terrible" considering how close they play to eachother is a bit ridiculous, the 2nd came with a few more features at the expense of less interesting characters and weaker DLC.

I'd start with the first and go from there, it will be a bit cheaper and you can get a good feel for how the series plays.

Bionic Commando was bad and the checkpoint system is crap. Plus once you get to a checkpoint there is no way to go back and get any collectables you missed. That would be ok if it wasn't for the game glitching you forward (pass collectables) to the next checkpoint.

Yeah, that checkpoint system annoyed me as well. I couldn't bear doing another run through for missed collectable; simply had to pass on the final achievements.

Yea, it wasn't a technically brilliant game (graphics, story, controls, etc) but it was pretty damn good fun, and isn't that what gaming is all about? Also, you could literally pick up and throw a shit. Brilliant.

Never really got into the original games, and didn't hear anything good about the recent release either.