Turok Achievement Guide

SouP x360a

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pincushion - 25

Pin 50 enemies with the Bow in the Story Mode campaign.

Not difficult, but will take some time. On the mission in the beginning of the game, when you and Slade have to go through an enemy base to cross the valley. When you first enter that base, you and slade will split up. In the next few rooms you can get some very easy pins and knife kills. When you get to the part where you must climb up the flights of stairs, save and kill yourself to restart this segment. You can average 3-4 pins per trip, and even more knife kills per trip. Make sure you save before killing yourselves, OUR IT WILL NOT COUNT.

What is the mission name where you can do this?.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

After reading this there is some tips I would like to add.

Medal of Commendation - 50http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

If you see someone knifing someone shoot them. If its a teamate you can steal the kill while they are doing the animation. Dual shotguns works well if you can get accustomed to it. I prefer a single shotty or Dual SMGS with silencers. If someones charging you with a knife jump around so they have a harder time hitting you.

I got Practically Canadian, Thorn in Side, and Hometown Hero in one match.

I got a little lucky since MP is somewhat barren and in my ranked CTF match (and it needs to be ranked to get all 3) it was just me vs. one other player. So wait for a ranked 1 on 1 CTF game on a map you know and just hide a bit around your flag until it is captured then spring out and get the kill and return. since it is just 1 on 1 you automatically can get the return if you get the kill.

For Pacifist i was certain i had it unlocked the first time i went for it. i had two flag captures and no kills or even firing of weapons...EXCEPT for the KNIFE. i used the knife to kill a raptor or few during the match and the achievement didn't unlock. so bare that in mind... don't attack/kill anything. I finally unlocked this one in a similar manner to get above achievements: another 1 on 1 CTF map. lucky again in that my competition didn't seem to know the map as i captured the flag 3 times really quick without seeing the guy at all.

it's fairly common, for me atleast, to get into 1 on 1 games even when searching for large team games.

This is one of the few guides I've read that has Practically Canadian being achieved for killing the flag carrier 5 times in a ranked match.

I'm still pretty sure I got Practically Canadian with a head shot. I know for a fact that I didn't kill 5 flag carriers when I got it. I had to boost Hometown Hero and Thorn in Side and I got Practically Canadian loooong before I got those two. Also there are a lot of people saying the got it with explosions which do often register as headshots.

The in-game achievement menu even says something about shooting the took (canadian word for beanie) right of of them once you complete it. Shooting a hat off someones head sounds very headshotty to me.

If you want to check dates, my gamertag is the same as my username "romacus".

Wish there was a better way to verify.

Edited by Romacus

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...