Information we know so far

Purge

http://plushtoydeal.com/img/logo/naruto-logo.jpg

I was also searching the net and found out some new information. Here are some of the characters that you can play. There will be 25 in total ranging from (81-135).

There will also be a free DLC Exclusive Black Sasuke Suit if your signed up to Ubisoft, so sign up now!

Click here to sign up!

Rock lee

Kabuto

Sakura

Kakashi

Orochimaru

Gaara

Kiba

Shino

Hinata

Choji

Shikamaru

Ino

Neji

Tenten

Tsunade

Jiraiya

Kankuro

Temari

Itachi

Kisame

Tayuya

Jirobo

Might Guy

Naruto (From Rage -> Fox)

Sasuke (From Rage -> Cursed Seal)

As you progress through the game you get to go Naruto & the gang who have a lighter conquest while as you go Sasuke(Who has a dedicated plotline) you go through troubled times.

While you play as Sasuke the world is very unsaturated in the day, and at night he has a very nightmarish world where the building and surroundings are dark and purple while the sky is red.

Here is the second trailer also.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnBRFQgsb_M]YouTube - Naruto : The Broken Bond - Trailer 2[/ame]

There will also be a ranking system where you can make your way up to Kage.

Tower Level:

Kage

Jounin

Forest Level:

Jounin

Chuunin

Genin

Street Level:

Genin

Academy Graduate

Academy Student

Everyone starts as a Student-ranked ninja. The goal is to become a Hokage-level ninja by earning experience points and being among the best Jonin-ranked ninjas on the Leaderboard. Experience is earned after winning a match, or to a lesser extent by losing with honors (hurting your opponent at least 50% his maximum health). Once you gain enough experience points to pass to the next rank, which can always be seen in a [current/needed] format, you get an exam match. This match earns you no experience points, but makes you acquire the rank you accumulated experience points to get. Then the cycle starts again until you reach and acquired Jonin rank, after that you need to keep gaining experience points to raise your total and be among the top Jonins, which nets you the Hokage title and bragging rights.

- Ubisoft

Credit to Takun for the following information;

The game starts just before the end of the first game, using greater detail to show what happens between the time you exit the Arena and the match with Gaara.

The map is identical to the first one, albeit a more haggard version of it,(broken signs, cracked paths, etc.) and a few very small differences with some buildings. (Just after the bridge in the race over the river, I saw what looks like the anime's Hospital to the left.) The gate you exit from, the "Gate of Branches", is the gate that was never opened in RoaN.

Tree jumping sequences is now done in first person. It gives it a new depth but pressing A right when you land might be a little awkward if you cant fully see the branch (having vanished down off screen when you reach it). However, when the target turns from blue to green is the best time to press your button, just before landing.

There's a quick moment when you run along water, tapping A. Wether this is how walking on water has become or if this is just for races is pretty up in the air.

Using jutsu when there's no responding actions nearby now have a (cosmetic only) negative affect. Using the Shadow Clone when theres no need will cause one to phase into existance behind you.. and accidently hit Naruto in the head, causing it to rupture. Using the sexy jutsu, even perfectly, when theres no need causes the bad one (big and ugly, remember?).

Using Jutsu in matches has become more fair in regards to button combinations. Instead of choosing your combination, the buttons flash on screen in the order they'll appear. For example, when I used the Clone in battle, B, B, and B flashed up before anything. As the jutsu went through its paces, the prompts appeared and I pressed B. This gives both fighters a chance to clear/cancel it out, depending on who you are.

The shadow clone in battle has become a really nice Uzumaki Barrage. Try it! Also the combos have been reworked. IE, Down + Y gave a quick Clone bursting under the opponent from under the ground. Now, 3 clones in succesion pop out. Also, alot of combo's include a quick clone being summoned and helping out, much like the Ultimate Ninja series.

Tag Team feature is a neat way to change your fighter midway through a match, so you have fresh health and a new set of combos. The demo lets us play as Sakura and Shikamaru. Also, send an enamy flying and you'll have a prompt on screen with your reserve fighters. Picking one has them come in and launch a scenic flurry of attacks before the enemy hits the ground. When it ends, your controlling the new player.

Speech between characters is now a simple cutscene with a subtitle and moving lips. (I know a ton of people were annoyed at the fact that RoaN had no lip sync at all what so ever.)

The game is overall alot brighter, though you're prompted to adjust your brightness level. Wether this is like Bioshock (once when you start a file) or Twilight Princess (once every time you load your file) is anyones guess. Your also allowed the option of Japanese voices from the get go.

The 'my taijutsu coach achievement', with the picture of the gong, is more than likely linked with the Academy where Iruka stood in the first game. I branched off a little to explore a bit during the first race through town, and saw the gong sitting squarely outside the school.

A new use for the shadow clone jutsu invloves making a tall ladder with them, then using them as a bridge. While making it the old water-walking jutsu controls of using LT and RT to balance are used.

I doubt we're allowed to import our old Naruto character from RoaN, not that the demo gives us many (if any) clues, so be prepared to going back to a medium-sized health and chakra bar and no buffing scrolls in your pockets.

Near the end of Naruto's action sequence is a boulder with the Rasengan spiral on it. Going near it simply says Not Available for the Demo, but in the full version it could hold an item when cracked open. Likewise, to the left of the floating platforms are rocks with 3 holes and a down arrow - so maaaybe shooting kunai in them will reveal a new passage.

Off to the back left of the Enemy Camp is a small jetti with some hanging fish, again, like the Rasengan marker, its labeled Not Available for the Demo. This is more then likely a place to fish and earn gold medals for the fishing achivements.

All over the free-to-reign areas of the demo have trees and an X sign made up of a shovel and pitch fork. Really, these are just markers blocking access, and will be removed in the final game. Also, tilting the camera around can show off some coins behind the trees, so more then likely both gate and tree will go. (I at first thought all the trees with the X gate in front will lead to tree climbing sequences, but I doubt it after seeing those coins.)

The villiage has already been revamped for regular gameplay. IE, Theres alot of scaffolding, boardered up walls and tower sides etc etc, so if you take the time to have a quick looksy through the first race, chances are you'll have the same villiage through most of gameplay.. albeit without the 3 giant snakes and dust in the air.

The chakra bar is now segmented, and the normal limit of 3 for jutsu's have been greatly expanded. Naruto has 4 segments of chakra, and the shadow clone takes up 3. But if he has all 4 chakra slots, he can use a level 2 shadow clone jutsu (which just gives you an extra button to press in the prompts to deal more damage.) Likewise, Orochimaru and the Hokage have a huge ammount (I havnt counted >.>) and using the Shuriken Shadow Clone has a lot of levels, like 8 or so. Mind you, by the time you get it to 1 or 2, Orochimaru's covered the distance, so I couldnt really tell you how powerful a giant one of those is - prolly best to try it with 2 controllers in Multiplayer when it comes out.

Theres a bar down the bottom in batles that grows with successful hits. It's connected with the Jutsu's in some way, because when the bar was yellow and at stage 2 (2/3rds full) I could do the Sexy jutsu fine, and was even prompted on screen that it had been allowed, but the SC couldnt be used until the bar was red and full. (By this stage the enemy is almost dead anyway).

While your just exploring, its possible to press Up on the D-pad twice quickly and disband your team.. the only real reason I can think of for this is if they have trouble crossing a few jumps and you want them to stay back so you can control them seperately, if you need a character to stay in one place while another goes on performs a task, (IE, you stand on that switch to keep the door open, I'll go unlock it from the inside so you can join me) or simply to reorganise your party. (It could just as easily be a case of pressing a button next to a character to have them join.)

Edited by Purge

Well, now that the demo is out, you can add a few more facts to the list.

1. The game starts just before the end of the first game, using greater detail to show what happens between the time you exit the Arena and the match with Gaara.

2. The map is identical to the first one, albeit a more haggard version of it,(broken signs, cracked paths, etc.) and a few very small differences with some buildings. (Just after the bridge in the race over the river, I saw what looks like the anime's Hospital to the left.) The gate you exit from, the "Gate of Branches", is the gate that was never opened in RoaN.

3. Its the same TAG fighting system... which can be both fun and frightening, depending on how well accustomed you got to it.

4. Tree jumping sequences is now done in first person. It gives it a new depth but pressing A right when you land might be a little awkward if you cant fully see the branch (having vanished down off screen when you reach it). However, when the target turns from blue to green is the best time to press your button, just before landing.

5. There's a quick moment when you run along water, tapping A. Wether this is how walking on water has become or if this is just for races is pretty up in the air.

6. Using jutsu when there's no responding actions nearby now have a (cosmetic only) negative affect. Using the Shadow Clone when theres no need will cause one to phase into existance behind you.. and accidently hit Naruto in the head, causing it to rupture. Using the sexy jutsu, even perfectly, when theres no need causes the bad one (big and ugly, remember?).

7. Using Jutsu in matches has become more fair in regards to button combinations. Instead of choosing your combination, the buttons flash on screen in the order they'll appear. For example, when I used the Clone in battle, B, B, and B flashed up before anything. As the jutsu went through its paces, the prompts appeared and I pressed B. This gives both fighters a chance to clear/cancel it out, depending on who you are.

8. The shadow clone in battle has become a really nice Uzumaki Barrage. Try it! Also the combos have been reworked. IE, Down + Y gave a quick Clone bursting under the opponent from under the ground. Now, 3 clones in succesion pop out. Also, alot of combo's include a quick clone being summoned and helping out, much like the Ultimate Ninja series.

9. The Tag Team feature is a neat way to change your fighter midway through a match, so you have fresh health and a new set of combos. The demo lets us play as Sakura and Shikamaru. Also, send an enamy flying and you'll have a prompt on screen with your reserve fighters. Picking one has them come in and launch a scenic flurry of attacks before the enemy hits the ground. When it ends, your controlling the new player.

10. Speech between characters is now a simple cutscene with a subtitle and moving lips. (I know a ton of people were annoyed at the fact that RoaN had no lip sync at all what so ever.)

11. The game is overall alot brighter, though you're prompted to adjust your brightness level. Wether this is like Bioshock (once when you start a file) or Twilight Princess (once every time you load your file) is anyones guess. Your also allowed the option of Japanese voices from the get go.

12. The game's demo movie (yknow, when you dont press start at the title screen?) shows Kiba running through races, Choji sprinting through town and Neji darting across water. From the looks of it, it might be a safe bet that the achies like Gifted Eye, Top Dog, etc dont just have Naruto helping the other character, but actually forcing you to take control of that character. (And not to sound like a complainer, but sheesh, its always the characters I dont care much for. But still, serveys show them as popular. Mind you, I wonder why theres no Rock Lee one in that case...)

13. The My taijutsu coach achie, with the picture of the gong, is more than likely linked with the Academy where Iruka stood in the first game. I branched off a little to explore a bit during the first race through town, and saw the gong sitting squarely outside the school.

14. All the little minor things.

* Theres a bridge now over the river in the leaf that you run across in your starting race - no more having to long jump sections of it.

* Health pills will be used, if they replace ramen or not in unknown.

* A new use for the shadow clone jutsu invloves making a tall ladder with them, then using them as a bridge. While making it the old water-walking jutsu controls of using LT and RT to balance are used.

* I doubt we're allowed to import our old Naruto character from RoaN, not that the demo gives us many (if any) clues, so be prepared to going back to a medium-sized health and chakra bar and no buffing scrolls in your pockets.

* The demo didnt really have the chakra concentration jutsu in it at all really. You approach a tree and run up it automatically, and you sprint across a pond why tapping A. It might be taken out altogether. By the time this game is set, all the characters pretty much knew how to run up trees and walk along water without having to worry about their chakra giving out on them in 10 seconds time...

Edit: To tell a lie, I never checked Sakura and Shikamaru much, but Sakura DOES have Chakra Concentration, as well as her Healing Palm. Shika's jutsu are the Shadow Possesion and Shadow Strangulation.

* Near the end of Naruto's action sequence is a boulder with the Rasengan spiral on it. Going near it simply says Not Available for the Demo, but in the full version it could hold an item when cracked open. Likewise, to the left of the floating platforms are rocks with 3 holes and a down arrow - so maaaybe shooting kunai in them will reveal a new passage.

* Off to the back left of the Enemy Camp is a small jetti with some hanging fish, again, like the Rasengan marker, its labeled Not Available for the Demo. This is more then likely a place to fish and earn gold medals for the fishing achies.

Edited by Takun

Haha, seems all I do these days is play the demos for Banjo-Kazooie, Broken Bond and Ultimate Ninja Storm. Heres a few more tidbits I've come across while replaying the demo:

* The shrine-like models which marked spots for water walking have been taken out, so water walking could very easily be revamped, especially since Chakra Concentration is now just a battle only move for some characters.

* The 3 Shadow Clone doors behind the Academy have been completely removed, but thats no real biggie.

* All over the free-to-reign areas of the demo have trees and an X sign made up of a shovel and pitch fork. Really, these are just markers blocking access, and will be removed in the final game. Also, tilting the camera around can show off some coins behind the trees, so more then likely both gate and tree will go. (I at first thought all the trees with the X gate in front will lead to tree climbing sequences, but I doubt it after seeing those coins.)

* The villiage has already been revamped for regular gameplay. IE, Theres alot of scaffolding, boardered up walls and tower sides etc etc, so if you take the time to have a quick looksy through the first race, chances are you'll have the same villiage through most of gameplay.. albeit without the 3 giant snakes and dust in the air.

* The chakra bar is now segmented, and the normal limit of 3 for jutsu's have been greatly expanded. Naruto has 4 segments of chakra, and the shadow clone takes up 3. But if he has all 4 chakra slots, he can use a level 2 shadow clone jutsu (which just gives you an extra button to press in the prompts to deal more damage.) Likewise, Orochimaru and the Hokage have a huge ammount (I havnt counted >.>) and using the Shuriken Shadow Clone has a lot of levels, like 8 or so. Mind you, by the time you get it to 1 or 2, Orochimaru's covered the distance, so I couldnt really tell you how powerful a giant one of those is - prolly best to try it with 2 controllers in Multiplayer when it comes out.

* Theres a bar down the bottom in batles that grows with successful hits. It's connected with the Jutsu's in some way, because when the bar was yellow and at stage 2 (2/3rds full) I could do the Sexy jutsu fine, and was even prompted on screen that it had been allowed, but the SC couldnt be used until the bar was red and full. (By this stage the enemy is almost dead anyway).

* While your just exploring, its possible to press Up on the D-pad twice quickly and disband your team.. the only real reason I can think of for this is if they have trouble crossing a few jumps and you want them to stay back so you can control them seperately, if you need a character to stay in one place while another goes on performs a task, (IE, you stand on that switch to keep the door open, I'll go unlock it from the inside so you can join me) or simply to reorganise your party. (It could just as easily be a case of pressing a button next to a character to have them join.)

• 3 weeks later...
i dont see tenten, kankuro, etc on the character select screen..

they must be on the next update for DLC..

thanks for the infos!!

Lol, i hope. I never expected Anko to be in there (my 2nd fav char) but Tenten, Hinata and Shino are my 3rd, 4th and 5th favourites. I was bummed when I saw the character select screen. (Id much rather play with a spunky weapons mistress than the big bald redheaded guy from the sound 4..)