Are you anal about how you treat your games?

fudgenuts64

I used to be, but things change...people change...the world's out there, making a move...are you ready?

...*crickets* uuhhh...

Well I have always had a habbit of placing the wrong games in the wrong cases but I used to take care of them...but somehow they always ended up in the right places again especially when I organized them. I remember a day when I bought a game, finished it completely and placed it in it's case...a moment of dramatic epicness as it reached the shelf again to be placed amongst friends, almost like placing a piece of a puzzle into a spot where it fits...golden lights, the works.

Now, I finish a game and I end up selling it...*sighs*...I can't be the collector I want to be when this happens...but damn it, I'm not as "well endowed" as I used to be with all that money...and before recently, I even left...left discs out *goes to pick up a gun but sets it down...* oh but I can't end my life because of this...if I did that, then...no more games to play....all those scratches would have been for nothing, broken discs (forgive me Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, I am so sorry you broke in half...)...

^ Yay for drama, I'm not an emo o_O and I'm certainly not emotional, I did that for effect but the truth of the matter is yes I used to be anal but I can't be anymore due to my circumstances. Well, to some degree if I want to resell them (scratches don't help).

Whenever I become rich and can successfully recollect items, they will be kept in mint condition again...I swear to that.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad i'm not the only one whos anal about how they look after stuff lol!

Everything I buy gets respect, from magazines which I like to keep nice to all my electrical gadgets and games.

As for my games well they're not in alphabetical order or anything but they are grouped in console order and old generations of games (I have games dating back to the master system) are neatly stored in air tight boxes.

Current 360 games (aswell as dvds and cd's) are kept in plastic sleeves. I found them on ebay and were dead cheap. Basically when I buy a game I put it into a self seal plastic sleeve to keep the box free from dust and other crap. If I take a game out of the plastic sleeve I throw it away and put it into a new one when I am done.

Now that is anal lol! I just want stuff to stay as new looking as I can.

I've been anal about my games ever since I was a kid. Every system I own has it's original boxing/packaging unless I've purchased it used from someone. After I'm done with a game it goes back into it's proper box and back on the shelf. One would say I'm almost OCD with my games:p

That would describe me as well. I keep my collection sorted by system, with current games being played rotated in and out of a specific section on the shelves. All my games, dating back to Atari systems, have the original packaging including the consoles. They're in like new condition and always returned to the case when i'm done playing. :)

I am extremely nit picky about my video games. They always go back into the proper case and are cleaned after each use.

I like to keep everything I own in pristine condition that way the normal wear and tear doesn't occur as fast, not to mention if I do go to trade anything in I'll know that there was nothing wrong with my games, so I'll get top dollar if I trade or sell.

Used to really OCD about storing games, always put them back in case and on the shelve. Daughter was born and I had more important things to worry about other than storing my games.

Came into the room yesterday to discover that she had decided to use the 2 copies of army of two i'd been using to boost as a way of clean stones of the floor. Both copies completely fucked and useless :( half way to my billion dollars gonna have to buy a 3rd copy now. It'll def go back in the case when i'm not using it

Yeah, I guess I would be excessively careful with my games. Since I got my 360 I've tried to be neater with them, and put them back in their boxes. I learned the hard way about placing them in their boxes with my PS2, when Gran Turismo 4 would not work anymore. Sad day that was. However, I do indeed put my games in a relatively neat manner. I put them back in their boxes, and place the boxes in a stack in my room. The ones I'm playing more recently reside at the top of the stack, and the ones I don't really play as much are further down. I've never put a game into the wrong case deliberately before, because it's downright confusing, and I don't need a reason to confuse myself :p

Im a little OCD about my games. they have to be in the right case. I keep them way clean and make suer they dont get scratched up. I always check to see if the disk has come loose by shaking the case when i buy a new game. That and all my game go in order from the ones I havent played yet to the ones Im playin To the ones Im not. It odd but I still do it.

I am definitely OCD about my games, system, and accessories. I treat my system like a bomb; I don't move it around and I keep it clean n' cool. My accessories (mic, controller, cords) are set down on a soft surface when I'm not using them, I wrap my play and charge cord up nice and neat. My games are neatly stacked, the cases and disks are incredibly clean. When I go shopping for games whether it new or used I examine the case to make sure there is nothing wrong with it. For instance; any scratches, dings, cracks, foreign stickiness, etc.

Oh, and my hands have to be clean (I will wash if I have to) before I will touch my games/controller.

OCD, oh yeah.... I will admit it.... you gotta problem? :uzi:

I'm with you with the clean hands thing. I hate having sticky hands or getting residue on my controllers. I keep my games organized by when I last played them. I keep all my discs clean (With the exception of used games), and I keep all my games in there original cases.

I'm very picky about how my games are stored and taken care of. I keep them sorted by system, then alphabetically. I go through them every few weeks to make sure they are clean and organized. I also get really pissed off if they are not in their correct case. I buy new cases and replace the old ones if they are scuffed or dirty. Damn used games tend to come in cases that are filthy, scratched, and sticky from sticker glue :mad:

Sometimes, when it's a game I actually like. Usually though, if I am playing multiple games, I set the game on top of the box because I know I'll be putting it back in shortly. But if I'm switching one game for another game and am done with the first game, I put it back in the box and put it back onto my shelf.

I have my Wii games by my Wii and my 360 games by my 360, in ABC order. Platinum Hits cases don't really bother me, but games not in original cases do, because it looks dumb to see a typed up GameStop box in with all the real cases, so i haven't bought any. All in their cases, but I'm kinda running out of room in the small DVD Rack I have for the 360 games, so I might get a Discgear or something to put the games in. Then I don't have to worry about original cases, cause the cases won't be visible!