To harvest or not to harvest?

PunkNine

Depends entirely on your play style, dude. Me, I achieved Brass Balls and saved every Little Sister I could find (including the glitched one in Neptune's Bounty), and had an excess of Adam by the end of the game.

However, I had purchased were HP & EVE upgrades, every tonic in the game (I was going for the achievement) along with all levels of Electro Bolt, Enrage, and Target Dummy. I also limited my tonic and plasmid slots by immediate need, which meant that I had a bulk of combat and physical tonics, but maybe only two or three of the others. Not surprisingly, my play style revolved around setting all manner of traps, turning the AI upon itself, sneak attacks with the wench, head shots with the crossbow, and when pressed, a quick one-two combo.

My rationale? The name of the game with Brass Balls is to play smart, not strong, and hence, IMHO, nearly every plasmid in the game that causes direct damage is useless because it not only drains you of valuable EVE, but enemies are much more resistant to damage. Hence, you want your first attack to cause the maximum amount of damage and/or havoc in the minimum amount of time with the least amount of risk to you, and most plasmids simply cannot do that without exposing your position.