2 L4D2 Fails

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx

Ok so I just got L4D2 for Christmas (:woop:)

and I noticed 2 flaws/fails/problems if you will.

1. The achievement CRASS MENAGERIE states that you need to kill 1 of each of the 4 uncommon common infected yet there are five ?

- The CEDA suit guys on Dead center

- The Clowns on dark carnival

- The Swamp men on swamp fever

- The Construction workers in hard rain

- The SWAT officers on The parish

2. The power of the construction worker is to be unaffected by pipe bombs which make noise so technically if you alert a horde with a car or a switch of some sort they shouldn't come running but they do , why ? that makes no sense !

1. Killing swat officers was removed from the Australian version because depicting the killing of government officials/authority figures is illegal in Australia (or at least have regulations against it)

2. I have no idea. Maybe a car alarm is louder than the pipe bomb ticking and can be heard through the ear muffs they wear.

Edited by Corallion

Ok so I just got L4D2 for Christmas (:woop:)

and I noticed 2 flaws/fails/problems if you will.

1. The achievement CRASS MENAGERIE states that you need to kill 1 of each of the 4 uncommon common infected yet there are five ?

- The CEDA suit guys on Dead center

- The Clowns on dark carnival

- The Swamp men on swamp fever

- The Construction workers in hard rain

- The SWAT officers on The parish

2. The power of the construction worker is to be unaffected by pipe bombs which make noise so technically if you alert a horde with a car or a switch of some sort they shouldn't come running but they do , why ? that makes no sense !

lol i dont think people noticed or care about these problems :p just my opinion i just love this game though

If you were infected, deaf or not, and you saw all the other infected running in one direction, dont you think youd run too?

im so tired of silly posts about the littlest things people find wrong with games. Does anyone else remember a time way back before halo3 when if you made a post that didnt have some sort of game related helpful information you were shunned, warned, and sometimes blocked from posting? now we get to look at annoying adds so they can afford the space for idiotic crap like this thread. guess i cant say much tho ive donated $0 to the cause, but comeon people, stfu already. go find a friend to spout this bs to.

1. It doesn't say 4.

2. The construction workers know what pipebombs are and know not to go near them whereas car alarms and gate alarm on that level, they know won't blow up and someone must have tampered. So, in conclusion, they are a little bit smarter then the others when it comes to alarms/ loud noises.

it does in the menu

If you were infected, deaf or not, and you saw all the other infected running in one direction, dont you think youd run too?

im so tired of silly posts about the littlest things people find wrong with games. Does anyone else remember a time way back before halo3 when if you made a post that didnt have some sort of game related helpful information you were shunned, warned, and sometimes blocked from posting? now we get to look at annoying adds so they can afford the space for idiotic crap like this thread. guess i cant say much tho ive donated $0 to the cause, but comeon people, stfu already. go find a friend to spout this bs to.

calm down i am not complsaining i was just pointing it out

1. It doesn't say 4.

2. The construction workers know what pipebombs are and know not to go near them whereas car alarms and gate alarm on that level, they know won't blow up and someone must have tampered. So, in conclusion, they are a little bit smarter then the others when it comes to alarms/ loud noises.

1. It does say 4, on the achievement tracker (main menu and when you pause the game. But maybe like someone said since it was removed from the Australian version it would be unfair for them to not get that achievement.

2. The Construction workers know no such thing, its because they wear those ear muffs when they work so they don't go deaf, so that can't hear things.

Yeah, as was mentioned above, the SWAT zombies aren't in some versions of the game, so as to make the achievements fair, they do not count as "uncommon infected" when it comes to the achievement. (Though they obviously still are for the sake of the game)

As for the second thing, I'm not even quite sure what you're saying. If I understand correctly, you seem to be under the impression that cars and pipe bombs are the same things. They are not.

For the construction workers in Hard Rain, the uncommon are intended to make it difficult for the survivors to survive. They have a special ability against the survivors to avoid something they can do, just like the other uncommon, but the ability doesn't extend to the hazards like the crescendos or avoidable hazards like the car alarms.

Yeah, as was mentioned above, the SWAT zombies aren't in some versions of the game, so as to make the achievements fair, they do not count as "uncommon infected" when it comes to the achievement. (Though they obviously still are for the sake of the game)

And there you go. The same thing applies to Club Dead, the baseball bat from the pre-order bonus doesn't count toward the achievement. See, it's when we get complaints as trivial as these (or "Rochelle is boring") that we realize how great the game is.