Steven Gerrard The New Drogba??

Pheonix_Assassin

Did Steven Gerrard Dive Against Athletico Madrid?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Did Steven Gerrard Dive Against Athletico Madrid?

• Yes
    • No

I think Steve Gerrard deserves this title after his infamous dive against athletico im sure you must agree that he easily gave simulation on that pitch waht do you guys think?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwfgbHOZHE0]YouTube - Steven Gerrard Dive[/ame]

Edited by Pheonix_Assassin

Gerrard a diver? Yes.

The new Drogba? No.

I've always said that Gerrard goes down WAY too easily, and it's always in the opposition box, but unlike Drogba, he rarely (almost never) feigns injury, which Drogba does all too readily, and IMO that shames football more than diving.

I've said on other threads (the official EPL), that IMO that penalty was "A fucking disgrace", and completely unfair on AM who deserved more than a point from that game.

I've personally think that a dive in the penalty area should be a red card, as it's a deliberate attempt to con ref and "buy a goal", it's the same as hacking down a player when he's clean thru, in that it's a deliberate attempt to cheat. If players thought there was a chance of being red carded for diving, then it would stop overnight, or at least after the first wave of red cards were issued and players knew they couldn't take the piss with it.

As for faking an injury, the easiest way to clamp that out, is when a player goes down the, straight away ref asks the player "can you continue?", if the answer is yes, then you HAVE to get up immediately, if you cannot (ie genuine injury), then you have to leave the field for at least 3-5 minutes while play continues, that way players who try and "buy time", would ultimately weaken their own team, meaning that it would stop outright.

Edited by UK Mylo

It's not that he fell down...its the fact that GERRARD challenged the defender and got a foul in the box. At the very least the linesman should have seen it and either called a foul on Gerrard or not at all. Players who feign injury are scum of the earth and disrespect the game to the point of ridiculousness. Gerrard should be ashamed.

i'd like to see all of you not fall over. if you jumped and got hit in the back i'd be surprised to see you at least not lost your balance...

Pheonix in all of your posts you talk crap.

Two points.

Point 1 - Firstly, What push? There was MINIMAL contact on Gerrard, and if your telling me that's enough to knock him down, then he best avoid walking in mild breezes for the rest of his life. The guys a professional athlete, and far more agile than anyone of us, but replays clearly show he made ABSOLUTELY no attempt to land on his feet. It was a clear dive if I EVER saw one. I'm shit at footie, but EVEN I could have jumped for that ball and not have fell over, mainly because I WOULDN'T want to fall over, unlike "Stevie G".

Point 2 - 100% Agree, he spouts more shit than broken sewer pipe......

Edited by UK Mylo
Removed "second" the

i'd like to see all of you not fall over. if you jumped and got hit in the back i'd be surprised to see you at least not lost your balance...

Pheonix in all of your posts you talk crap.

Ermm coming from a member with less posts than me yep great shout and it is amazing how many people have agreed with me about Gerrard so yep i talk crap if i did my posts would be deleted for spam and they have not so i can not be talking crap

Gerrard is the most over rated player in the premiership, he is the same as Lampard tbh, overated.

None of those players are overrated. When they play well, they're amazing. They just don't for country.

Ermm coming from a member with less posts than me yep great shout and it is amazing how many people have agreed with me about Gerrard so yep i talk crap if i did my posts would be deleted for spam and they have not so i can not be talking crap

That's exactly what he means. You just spam to get your post count up.

Steven Gerrard is always falling over in the Penalty box, against Sheffield Utd in the 1st game of the season(couple of seasons ago), against AC Milan in the Champions League Final to win the penalty and against Athletico Madrid this past week.He has done it a ton more but those are the ones off my head.Plus he is way over-rated.

OF course he dive. Even referee says after match, that he made a mistake. But im not angry with this dive, but with his celebration after scoring. Like nothing bad happen, and of course he knows that he dive. Too bad football cannot have the same rule like in Ice Hockey. When referee is not sure of some decision he can check out the video of that situation. But also this will make matches longer.

Most of you people are idiots, he definitely 100% DIDN'T dive, but it also...was not a penalty.

It's a mistake on the ref's part. He went for a fair challenge and got knocked down. Do you expect him after shoulderbutting some guy's head to keep form and land on his feet like some massive Super Saiyan......fuck you.

Edited by Halimbo2005

Too bad football cannot have the same rule like in Ice Hockey. When referee is not sure of some decision he can check out the video of that situation. But also this will make matches longer.

It shouldnt though. If a tv feed can be showing a replay of an incident seconds after it happens there is no reason whatsoever the fourth official cant be watching a feed and be in radio contact with the ref and linesmen almost immediately.

None of those players are overrated. When they play well, they're amazing. They just don't for country.

That's exactly what he means. You just spam to get your post count up.

See what you have just posted is SPAM as you are talking about me not the topic so please keep the the thread thanks

Most of you people are idiots, he definitely 100% DIDN'T dive, but it also...was not a penalty.

It's a mistake on the ref's part. He went for a fair challenge and got knocked down. Do you expect him after shoulderbutting some guy's head to keep form and land on his feet like some massive Super Saiyan......fuck you.

I think you'll find that he 100% did dive, the contact from Pernia was MINIMAL and "Stevie-G" made a meal out of it. Just watch the slow-mo replays and tell me that Gerrard HONESTLY tried to stay on his feet.

See what you have just posted is SPAM as you are talking about me not the topic so please keep the the thread thanks

There were 2 points to his post, and the first was topic related, but you only quoted the part that was about you. So by your OWN definition, you've just posted spam.

I think you'll find that he 100% did dive, the contact from Pernia was MINIMAL and "Stevie-G" made a meal out of it. Just watch the slow-mo replays and tell me that Gerrard HONESTLY tried to stay on his feet.

There were 2 points to his post, and the first was topic related, but you only quoted the part that was about you. So by your OWN definition, you've just posted spam.

No he didnt try to land on his feet, it would of been physically impossible, in slow motion he could've done it.

This thread has become moronic and full of a bunch of haters.

No he didnt try to land on his feet, it would of been physically impossible, in slow motion he could've done it.

This thread has become moronic and full of a bunch of haters.

Halim stop defending him... he dived, no question. He also robbed a woolworths...

now get on gears and lets jam..

LERRROOOOY JENNNNKINss