anyone else having ridiculous lag ?

i rented this from gamefly and the game is brand new. right off the start i put it on my hard drive before playing and on level 1 i noticed it lagged every time i grabbed a tie fighter then progressively more and more to the point of any battle the screen freezes up for bout 1-2 seconds then continues.

so today playing it keeps doing it and i took it off my hard drive and played it a little and that seems worse like it happens more. tried to clear cache clear some space on hard drive (right now its got like 40gigs free on the 120 gig drive) still same and then put it back on hard drive and still same lag.

just wondering if anyone else is having anything like this happen. game looks awesome just sucks to play when its like this. out of ideas here. could this be a faulty game from the factory maybe ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i rented this from gamefly and the game is brand new. right off the start i put it on my hard drive before playing and on level 1 i noticed it lagged every time i grabbed a tie fighter then progressively more and more to the point of any battle the screen freezes up for bout 1-2 seconds then continues.

so today playing it keeps doing it and i took it off my hard drive and played it a little and that seems worse like it happens more. tried to clear cache clear some space on hard drive (right now its got like 40gigs free on the 120 gig drive) still same and then put it back on hard drive and still same lag.

just wondering if anyone else is having anything like this happen. game looks awesome just sucks to play when its like this. out of ideas here. could this be a faulty game from the factory maybe ?

ya I have had some bouts of lag that was horrible. it cleans up after awhile though.

I was wondering if I was the only one. I remember the first one had this problem, but only if an achievement actually unlocked. This is unforgivable that such a bug persists, as it completely distracts from the experience. My only guess is that maybe it was developed for PS3 hardware primarily and the 360 version is more of a port, IDK. But honestly, the product as a whole seems incomplete anyway; maybe so the rest can be DLC.

yea i've noticed lag at times of battle but im on kamino (the later mission) and its to the point now it lags once every 5-20 seconds for 1-2 second freeze frame style.... pretty much near unplayable.

i also tried the first challenge mission and it lags i think worse doing that so bad that it makes the button combo's hard to hit with all the freeze frames.

i really think it may be my hard drive. i tried to troubleshoot some ideas last night since i own 3 different 360's (mine , girlfriends, and son's) and when i played it on her gamertag on her xbox worked fine for level 1 only lag i saw was when acheivements popped..... so i tried my hard drive on her 360 loaded my save and same lagging problem.

i personally play on a Core 360 but with an elite 120 gig hd so i swapped back to my xbox and copied the game save from the 120 to my internal memory card on the core system and when i loaded the save it lagged again so i tried making a new save on the memory card and played a little and it only lagged very slightly (like when flying down the side of the jail in beginning). later today i will play some more from new save thats on console memory and not on my hd and see if the lag starts.

right now i'm thinking this is a problem with either my 120 gig hard drive or just the first save is somehow corrupted... all i know is if i can't figure out a solution the game is going back to gamefly becuase its like trying to watch a dvd that skips 4-5 times a minute and its killing my star wars experience.

i had it a couple times but not even mentioning till now. i had the game installed and this morning it was barely playable. i deleted the install and playing off disk and its better but im still seeing a little bit of stutter.

There is no reason whatsoever that you should be encountering so much lag with an installed game, yet less when you take it off the hard drive. That makes no sense.

It's been a minor problem with me from the start, every now and then it would freeze for a second.

Now it's become so frequent it's causing major issues. It freezes for 1 second every 5-10 seconds. I was QTE'ing a flamethrower droid and it lagged up causing a loop of its death. I was going up an elevator (the first in Kamino second run) and it lagged and I fell through the map.

Now it's become such an issue I can't play it.

There is no reason whatsoever that you should be encountering so much lag with an installed game, yet less when you take it off the hard drive. That makes no sense.

yeah I really tried everything and it makes no sense. game ran smooth and now the lag is so bad it's frustrating to play. going to try another xbox tomorrow.

It's been a minor problem with me from the start, every now and then it would freeze for a second.

Now it's become so frequent it's causing major issues. It freezes for 1 second every 5-10 seconds. I was QTE'ing a flamethrower droid and it lagged up causing a loop of its death. I was going up an elevator (the first in Kamino second run) and it lagged and I fell through the map.

Now it's become such an issue I can't play it.

I'd say maybe the dlc but first user rented it(no dlc) so it's not that. I'm at a loss for words with this.

I was reading a thread for the latest Castlevania game that was describing a similar problem - after every kill, there would be a little half-second pause or hitch in the frame rate. I noticed a little of that in TFU2 as well, and tried the same solution the others came up with, and recovered my gamertag. I didn't delete the old one or take any other action other than to recover it from the main screen when one presses the guide button. It helped quite a lot with the little hitches and pauses. There are still occasional ones, but nowhere near as bad as before. Some of you with major delays may want to give that a shot.

na I am not on the beta,

betas are for impatient little people who cant wait for the real thing, they deserve the bugs and errors and shiznit

question was for people who had issue, you clearly said you didnt so why would anyone give a shit about your dashboard?

wow can you be any more of a british twat? if you do not have anything positive to add piss off ;)

Edited by Lonegunman718