Strike Force Missions

What achievements are they actually needed for?

These missions are the most poorly constructed thing I have ever seen. If you're not controlling a unit, they're fucking useless.

All I know they are tied to 4-5 achievements. I tried one on veteran and it was a bitch...

I'm hoping I can finish the campaign on veteran and then just do these god damn stupid strike force missions on easy

I don't quite get these yet, as I failed on veteran and it told me I was out of teams. Now it says the missions are available for 3 more campaign levels only.

I hate RTS games, but can do them. It was just trying them in veteran first that was hard. If they're not essential to the campaign, I'll stop worrying about them.

So I can fail them, and still get the vet achievement?

Yes, you can. In fact, you can fail them and still get the Ten K achievement for 10,000 points on every level, if you are playing on a harder difficulty. I failed two of them and got over 28,000 on each, when I was done with the campaign I just went back and did them on Regular to get the achievements for beating them. The thing that does suck about the Strike Force missions - they still count all of the challenges. So if you are like me and find the Strike Force missions difficult and borderline maddening, it is going to suck going for all the challenges :(

tl:dr - Yes, you can fail them, or even ignore them completely, and still get the Veteran achievement

A-fucking-men to that. I utterly HATE this RTS boring bullshit SO much. GUH! Thank G-D you don't have to do them, cause if you did, this game would be traded in tomorrow. Love the game so far, these STUPID things aside.

Same here, when i got to the first strike force mission, i thought wtf i really hate the rts style game's, what's happened to cod, quit out of game and thought trade-in, but then gave it another go and after that level i saw you could skip them, and then it did not seem as bad, but i didn't think 1000G will be done.....

I admire them for trying something new, but the strike force missions are woeful. I have no idea why they kept them in the game. The AI is completely useless, the only way to complete them, even on easy settings, is to take control and run through it yourself. Kinda seems to defeat the purpose of the whole thing.