*GLITCH* Phantom Commands have ruined these games... or am I the only one?

Splinter4

Hey Guys & Gals,

Just wondering if I'm the only one who's having this problem.

Here's what I encountered in detail this weekend (Saturday 06/25/2011)...

Rainbow Six: Vegas 1 & 2

Single Player Campaign

From the very moment you take command of your squad, they begin receiving phantom commands to move up (A button on the 360). I was NOT giving these commands to my squad, yet they insisted that I was. Okay...

So I thought it might be a problem with my controller. I pop out the rechargeable battery pack, and pop it into one of my two backup controllers. Exact same problem again. Controller #3 perhaps? Nope! Same thing again.

And to clarify, I confirmed that it really wasn't me just being stupid. I literally set my controller down, walked out of the room to make myself some lunch, and listened to the repeated acknowledgements from my squad to the commands that I was definitely NOT giving them. "Roger that, moving up, in position, etc." about every 10-seconds or so.

Awesome! Way to go Ubisoft!

Hey Shinobi,

Did you actually play these games this weekend too? But with no glitches? Did you do the latest Game Updates through Xbox Live? I did before playing both games and I'm guessing this is where my problem is coming from.

I've never had any problems with either of these great games before last weekend (Saturday June 25th).

I hadn't played either of these games for quite a while and I was feeling nostalgic, so Saturday I tossed in "Rainbow Six: Vegas 1" and started a new Single Player Campaign. I played all the way to the roof of the church (Chapter 1), just assuming that I must be doing something wrong. But then I realized what was actually happening... phantom squad commands.

I confirmed this, like I said, by changing to 3 different controllers, and setting each one down on my coffee table. Each time with the exact same results.

Weird, right?

• 1 year later...

After putting some serious effort into this after I experienced it ONCE for about 5 minutes, I've discovered this game has voice commands if you're in game chat with a mic. Ambient noise is hitting your mic and the game picks the closest command to what it sounded like. I know it was a long time ago but I figured somebody would like to know.

• 4 months later...