XxBlueSpade2xX

How many games have you ruined?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How many games have you ruined?

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • More than 6
    • None

Halo 3 is fairly scratched and has a crack in it due to overuse, and Saint's Row has some marks on it (Was one of my first games as it came with my 360). Strangely enough both still work. :/ All my other games are in excellent condition though, those two are the exception.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only game I ever ruined was was back when I had just gotten my Playstation (this was probably back in 1999). I was on the phone with my friend and we were talking about how flimsy some discs felt.

I took that as a sign to hold the disc (fingers on edge, and one in hole) and, without even thinking, slightly bend the disc. It snapped in a heartbeat and I was staring at this broken game.

I can't remember what game it was that broke, but I am pretty certain it was a Final Fantasy game.

None.

Mainly because my brother once knocked over my boyfriend's xbox and ruined his Rock Band 2 disk, so I'm well aware of the damage that can be done by moving the machine while a disk is spinning.

Now I won't move my xbox while a disk is in the tray, whether its connected to power or not.

I answered none, but the funny part is when I first bought my xbox 360, that was pretty much all I was worried about. Then I wanted to connect to live, but didnt have the wireless adapter yet, so I ran a short ethernet cord from table to table at waist height. Anyway, my cats thought it was fun to play with, so i chased them away and ran into the wire myself, knocking the 360 off the table and yanking the entire port out of my router. Everything was still in working order though, never even had a real problem with my 360 after it fell. (2 years later it red ringed because I left it running on a carpet in the summer...) So anyway, now that EVERYONE knows I'm stupid and lucky, I'll end it here.

I ruined a copy of ES: Oblivion because my roommate left it in the tray and in a moment of stupidity after moving it to a different room, I turned on the 360 while it was upside. :p That was a pleasant sound. Then I "screwed up" a copy of SCIV by smacking the 360 when I got frustrated. It still played, but GameStop wouldn't accept it, so I sold it online and the guy I sold it to assured me it works fine. Then I intentionally snapped a copy of DOA4 in half. Don't know why. Again, probably just being stupid.

fifa 2010, sometimes my xbox doesn't know it's a game and thinks it's a DVD
That may actually be a case of an aging 360. My XBox did that every now and then for awhile until it did it almost all the time. Then I got a new one.

I took my Gears 2 to my friends house just after I bought it, and we were playing it I stupidly hadn't noticed the silly place he had his Xbox,( on the floor standing up), and the door bells rings he gets up to answer the door and boots the Xbox. It makes a horrid CRRRUUUCCHHHHZZZZ and we open the disc drive and there was about 10 rings around the disc =[. But he realised it was his fault and bought me a new one lol.