DEAD RISING 2 NOT Confirmed

xIIZombieIIx

I second that. I didn't enjoy the game much at first, it took a lot of time for me to actually get into it. But the game is a breeze once your character is maxed out and has that MegaMan charger shootinng weapon.

I can't figure out if I need to focus on the story more at first or trying to level up... If you beat the game and restart do you keep your level?

Yay!!!! I can't wait, just hope its as good if not better than the first! And as some people were saying this game can take a wee bit to get into first play through but after that its sooo good you will want to play it again!

I have a friend that is quite addicted to this game... he keeps telling me to give it time and it will get that way for me.... just one of my biggest gripes is that since i dont have a HD tv yet, it is near impossible for me to read the words on the screen sometimes.

More weapons, and maybe some more areas to explore. The mall was big, but I really wanted to go more places after a while.

I can't figure out if I need to focus on the story more at first or trying to level up... If you beat the game and restart do you keep your level?

Leveling up is a good idea. While not required it helps out a lot. I'd say get up to a level 10 or so and then go for the story. It will make the game much more enjoyable and less frustrating.

Hate to burst your bubble, but DR2 isn't confirmed. Blame those Frenchies who can't translate.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/779/779963p1.html

Edit: xdigitalangelx: The article you linked doesn't even say confirmed. "Dead Rising 2 confirmation from Capcom still pending."

Crap... I sent myself a bunch of links about this and being at work I can't check the link that I am posting because our military computer network likes to block lots of gaming sites... thank god not this one... perhaps try this link?

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/10/dead-rising-sequels-shambling-forth/

That article is from back in January and states nowhere that there will be a Dead Rising 2. All it says it that there will be further zombie games in the future. Plus, the article from today says that there is no confirmation so it really doesn't matter what old articles claim.

P.S. We all know there will be a DR2 at some point. ;)

My friend and I were talking here at work... and we decided they need to steal the engine from saints row, replace all the people walking on the streets with zombies... insert dead rising characters weapons and clothing... allow more buildings to be entered, blow some shit up and make it look like the city is in ruins... and viola... dead rising 2... or something like that.

Just a thought, but they might steal the idea for 28 weeks later. Frank goes back to the mall/town to see everything is peachy again. Then after going back home he finds out all hell is breaking loose with the government hunting down survivors. If you have an original save file then the number of survivors will be however many you managed to save, otherwise it is just you.

You have to find a safe haven whilst avoid the authorities and newly zombified zombies, keeping any survivors alive and finding more to help you on your way.

i like that idea zef, it would be cool if there were some achievements that required you to load an old gamesave. id feel even better about doing some of these mindnumbing achievements like saint if it helped me out in the sequel. a lot of people would absolutely hate that though.

A magazine from Japan, "Famitsu", apparrently leaked info that this game is secretly in production by Capcom... I will provide more details as I find them...

It was an article in their rumor column that was mistranslated, it wasn't a leak unless there is a newer article now.

In the most recent Famitsu Magazine, one of its authors penned an article in a rumor column musing about a Dead Rising sequel. Unfortunately, a certain French game site mistranslated the article and claimed the rumor was fact, according to Capcom Entertainment.