Duke Nukem Forever: "The Doctor Who Cloned Me" DLC Info

But there are still thousands of people that play Halo. And Defense Grid was actually GOOD.
Duke Nukem Forever was a good game I think many people just trashed it because it took so long. Basically every one was biased on day one simply because they were expecting 15 years worth of work not about 2 years worth. Simply put it's a fine game though.

The DLC will be more expensive than the actual game is now...

I like Gearbox, but I can't see this being even worth their while, and I can't imagine they have been working on this after the game released due to the almost universal negative response across the board. Therefore, it sems pretty obvious this was cut content from the initial game.

I hope this piece of DLC falls flat on it's face - give it up Gearbox and just move on. Sweep this under the rug and let's forget it ever happened, eh?

Also, lol at them releasing this the same week as Battlefield 3 and Gears 3 maps/expansions.

Edited by pauly_27

But there are still thousands of people that play Halo. And Defense Grid was actually GOOD.

New achievements?! You gotta be kiddin' me. I hate this game. 1k'd with pain and now DLC...

This! I only have 4 games with all achievements on. And this is one of them. Please no new achievements. Please!

Sorry you didn't appreciate a good game. Have fun on CoD and Halo.

Sorry you didn't appreciate a good game. Have fun on CoD and Halo.

Cool story, Nevander.

Anyone would think you have some sort of deal where you get a slice of the profits everytime you white knight this mediocre game.

And yeah, I will have fun with Halo and CoD, Cause y'know, they are actually fun games, much more fun than this frustrating pile of uninspired mediocrity anyway.

I await your amusing rebuttal where you no doubt contradict yourself by saying that Duke Nukem is fun (and everyone who doesn't enjoy it is just wrong) whilst better FPS games (both critically and commercially) are not fun, and you are somehow inferior if you prefer those games to Duke Nukem.

/facepalm

And yeah, I will have fun with Halo and CoD, Cause y'know, they are actually fun games, much more fun than this frustrating pile of uninspired mediocrity anyway.

I await your amusing rebuttal where you no doubt contradict yourself by saying that Duke Nukem is fun (and everyone who doesn't enjoy it is just wrong) whilst better FPS games (both critically and commercially) are not fun, and you are somehow inferior if you prefer those games to Duke Nukem.

Eh it's all opinion really. I personally had more fun with Duke Nukem than I did with the majority of COD games (campaign at least...couldn't care less about MP I think 99% of MP is nothing short of terrible). I liked Black Ops story and think they're all solid games...except COD 3 which I thought was crap. Never got into Halo, I hated the first 2 and haven't gotten around to 3 on yet but I will eventually, maybe I'll change my mind.

DNF reminded me of when I was a kid playing Duke Nukem 3d. I thought it was a decent (maybe a bit linear and easy) update of Duke. I understand why people don't dig it but I found it a lot of fun and welcome some story DLC. If you don't like it don't play it.

Cool story, Nevander.

Anyone would think you have some sort of deal where you get a slice of the profits everytime you white knight this mediocre game.

/facepalm

I don't need profits to love this game.

You know why I love it? Because of what it is. It's Duke Nukem. DUKE NUKEM. Are you seeing the name? Because it seems like you are missing it.

Try and think about the purpose of this game. Instead of thinking of it as just another game that came out that everyone thinks is going to be the best thing to ever go in your disc drive, think of it is "that game that finally game out that everyone was waiting for."

I've got news for you, it's not a current-gen game. Surprised? It was built on an older engine, ergo the game plays older, ergo it won't be suited for most audiences, even fans of Duke.

The true fans, like me, still appreciate it for WHAT IT IS. We know the old Duke, and we know how he set in stone many games in our present time. This is newer, but not new to people like you who worship CoD and Halo. Sure CoD and Halo have their roots too, but they aren't as deep as Duke.

What do you consider fun? Considering CoD is recycled crap. They bring a new one out every so often and it's always the same crap just a little different.

Duke is completely different. It's what makes a game more interesting than your run and gun shooter.

I never once said that the people who disliked it are wrong. I said that I was sorry that they don't appreciate the game for what it is, and what bothers me the most is people who continuously hate on the game FOR NO REASON. If you don't like the game, go somewhere else.

If you dislike the game that much, don't even bother posting because nobody wants to see someone ragging on a game just because of it's history and what people THOUGH IT WAS going to be.

In the long run, games like CoD (at least) will ALWAYS be inferior to Duke Nukem in terms of video games as a whole. Duke is older, which means it came first. This alone immediately makes it superior to CoD. This, along with the genre.

They are both shooters, but one is about fun and mindless action while the other is a poorly made war simulator (don't even go off saying CoD isn't a war simulator, because all war shooters are war simulators because they are simulating war).

So now that my point has been made, it would be best if everyone who still wants to rag on this game at least know what they are talking about before they rag on it.

Around 80% of people who rag on DNF are ragging on it because they thought since it took so long to make that it was going to be mind-blowing. WRONG. It's nice when it works that way, but it didn't.

DNF was meant to be "that game that finally came out" for all us Duke fans. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Sure you may have played the older Dukes, but like I said, the true fans know where DNF was coming from, and what it meant to be.

Good day sir.

Eh it's all opinion really. I personally had more fun with Duke Nukem than I did with the majority of COD games (campaign at least...couldn't care less about MP I think 99% of MP is nothing short of terrible). I liked Black Ops story and think they're all solid games...except COD 3 which I thought was crap. Never got into Halo, I hated the first 2 and haven't gotten around to 3 on yet but I will eventually, maybe I'll change my mind.

DNF reminded me of when I was a kid playing Duke Nukem 3d. I thought it was a decent (maybe a bit linear and easy) update of Duke. I understand why people don't dig it but I found it a lot of fun and welcome some story DLC. If you don't like it don't play it.

I can tell who a real Duke fan is when I see them, this guy is.

Look at what he said:

He had more fun playing Duke than the majority of CoD games, SO DID I.

He couldn't care less about MP, NEITHER DO I.

He knows what DN3D is all about, SO DO I.

We both understand why people dislike it, but the main point we are making is if you don't like it, DON'T PLAY IT, and more importantly, don't come on these forums and rag on it for no good reason other than to say that you hate it.

Edited by Nevander

In the long run, games like CoD (at least) will ALWAYS be inferior to Duke Nukem in terms of video games as a whole. Duke is older, which means it came first. This alone immediately makes it superior to CoD. This, along with the genre.

Everything else you said makes sense except this. Duke is automatically a better franchise than Call of Duty because Duke got released first? What? Does not compute.

I can tell who a real Duke fan is when I see them, this guy is.

Look at what he said:

He had more fun playing Duke than the majority of CoD games, SO DID I.

He couldn't care less about MP, NEITHER DO I.

He knows what DN3D is all about, SO DO I.

We both understand why people dislike it, but the main point we are making is if you don't like it, DON'T PLAY IT, and more importantly, don't come on these forums and rag on it for no good reason other than to say that you hate it.

Please. I was also a massive fan of Duke Nukem 3D, so being a fun of Duke Nukem makes no difference - if a game is average, a game is average, no matter how much you happen to like the character.

I can come on this forum "and rag on the game" as much as I like, being as I own the game, and have every right to post about my opinion on here as much as you do, just as you post on the CoD and Halo forums, even though you consider CoD to be "recycled crap", and your point about Duke immediately being better because it's older is laughable.

My advice would be to stop using "go play Halo or CoD" as some kind of insult - it just makes you sound like a douche, even though I know that you aren't (you have often posted helpful things in the forums)

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just offering a different opinion to you. You like the game, and would advise anyone to buy it (seemingly, at any price). I'm debating back that the game is probably a rental, or worthy of paying 5-10 Pounds or Dollars at best. Not terrible, but frustrating and a big let down for the xbox generation who have been spoiled by much better games in the genre. I have also never stated that I "hate" this game either, and (back on topic) I don't see why they are releasing this DLC, especially for 800 points, and in the same week as Battlefield 3 maps and a Gears 3 expansion.

Now I have no desire to get into a pointless war of words, so let's agee to disagree and leave it at that.

Please. I was also a massive fan of Duke Nukem 3D, so being a fun of Duke Nukem makes no difference - if a game is average, a game is average, no matter how much you happen to like the character.

I can come on this forum "and rag on the game" as much as I like, being as I own the game, and have every right to post about my opinion on here as much as you do, just as you post on the CoD and Halo forums, even though you consider CoD to be "recycled crap", and your point about Duke immediately being better because it's older is laughable.

My advice would be to stop using "go play Halo or CoD" as some kind of insult - it just makes you sound like a douche, even though I know that you aren't (you have often posted helpful things in the forums)

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just offering a different opinion to you. You like the game, and would advise anyone to buy it (seemingly, at any price). I'm debating back that the game is probably a rental, or worthy of paying 5-10 Pounds or Dollars at best. Not terrible, but frustrating and a big let down for the xbox generation who have been spoiled by much better games in the genre. I have also never stated that I "hate" this game either, and (back on topic) I don't see why they are releasing this DLC, especially for 800 points, and in the same week as Battlefield 3 maps and a Gears 3 expansion.

Now I have no desire to get into a pointless war of words, so let's agee to disagree and leave it at that.

This.

Nevander you're in denial obviously. I was a Duke fan too since i've played the older installments. Even still this game is terrible and is only worth a rent or a small amount of money at most. Sure CoD is annoying cause they release a game every year, but it's still a better running game and more fun to play. I know DNF was built off of old tech, but if that's the case they should have delayed it even more or scrapped the game and made a new one that's actually good.