Librarywillnotben

XxKillerMonkeyX

Colin Cooke

Ms.Fulton

September 14, 2008

Personal Experience Rough Draft

Hello, my name is Colin Cooke and today I would like to share with you a personal experience of mine and teach you a lesson to drink a lot of water and always stay hydrated. One sunny weekend last winter, some of my friends and I decided to go snowboarding up at Mt. High. We got up there at around 10. It was a nice day, it was about 50 degrees with clear skies and the sun shining. They just got done setting up for Volcom’s Peanut Butter and Rail Jam, so we got to ride all the rails they set up for the competition. Than we decided to go do some runs down the mountain. We got a few good runs in before lunch and I wanted to fit one more run in so when we went down at lunch, instead of eating I went straight to the line for the ski lift and waited in line. Finally I got to the front of the line and got on the ski lift next to this guy who was probably 30. He did not look good at all, he looked like he was going to blow chunks on all the people below us. So I like scooted to the far corner of the ski lift to the point where I was like hanging off because I thought he needed his space. I was on my side of the lift enjoying my music minding my own business checking out the surrounding mountains to my left. Than all of a sudden, the girl on the lift behind us screamed bloody murder. So I turned my head to the left to see what was going down and she was just looking straight so I looked to my right, and the guy that was sitting next to me, was not sitting next to me. He passed out while I was looking in the opposite direction and fell 50ft towards the iced over snow. So I got my radio and changed it to the radio channel to tell the medics to go and pick him up. I don’t really know what ended up happening to him but I know that it was really dramatic and if he drank water and stayed hydrated that day, he probably would never of passed out and fell hard.