gwg hate

Kite87

The negativity that's devoleped on this web site is shocking. I feel sorry for the people who made this very fun game. For the backlash they are getting for giving it away.

This game is great, yet gets shit on because it isn't cod or ryse. Aside from strike suit zero(not into space mechs, I still didn't piss and moan when it was given to me.) I have had fun with every game given away.

I agree that the game is fun, but what makes a game fun is purely subjective. Some folks are in to retro indie stuff, some aren't. For the most part I've enjoyed every GWG aside from Strike Suit (which I purchased day one and loathed it), but if you're not a fan of indie games, there is little to love overall.

It's not getting pissed on because it isn't Ryse or CoD (a stupid thing to say btw, as no one in the forum has said that); it's getting pissed on because it isn't any fun. There's a difference.

The point I was making is that people are getting pissed because its not a retail game. That is exactly the reason people are angry.

I agree with Kite87's original post and amgfail. I think this is a fun retro game, and I don't think it deserves the backlash it's getting. I also really enjoyed Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Guacamelee, Super Time Force and even Chariot. Not so much Strike Suit Zero and Crimson Dragon as those type of games aren't exactly my cup of tea, but I'm not complaining about them either.

Looking at the history of the Xbox One's GwG program I can see how some people aren't too enthusiastic about this game, especially if they're not into 2D platformers. But the Xbox is barely a year old and people can't expect to be getting AAA retail titles free every month this early into the program.

Also, according to Microsoft, isn't there no difference between retail and downloadable (previously XBLA) games on the One. Aren't they all just "games"?

Well, personaly I like the game, eventhough its really hard, probably wont complete this one, but its still fun in my oppinion.

I cant understand all the hate though.

Yeah its the 100th platformer in GwG but what did you expect?

MS cant give away the newer and therefore more priceier games just now.

And with those excluded there isnt too much left they could give away, so

its those kind of games we are getting.

Anyway, theres a difference between being unhappy with the game and being ungratefull, if the game is not for you, get over it and hope for a game that suits you better next month. MS cant deliver a game that anybody would be happy with. In the end its just a goody for beeing a gold member, and therefore people shouldnt complain as much as they do.