Sum of all zeros guide

tommy060289

Hey, I dont know if many others were having problems doing the sum of all zeros achievement but it was really getting on my nerves. I was getting like mid thirties max everytime and its frustrating having to do that first bit of the level over and over again so what I did was note down where the planes come from and then id be ready to shoot at them rather than waiting for them to appear to heres what I got:

NOTE: change your look sensitivity to low on the options menu, it will make it much easier to aim. Also, this guide starts after you have destroyed the ships just before the large group of planes come from right to left. Finally, when firing the main front gun, just hold right trigger and the right bumper button to fire off as many shots as possible into the area.

NOTE ALSO: Ignore survivors and PT boats that I dont mention, they will only slow you down. By the end of this guide I had over 50 so I expect most will have no problem doing it. However, I did one run doing this guide, and one run getting the achievement so it may not be perfect. If there are any mistakes, just tell me and I shall edit them.

So here it goes:

Main Turret

-Large group fly from right to left, just fire everything you got into the lot of them (you should get 5-7)

-To the right of your ally plane

-across screen from left to right

-across screen from right to left

-above ally plane

-to right of ally plane

-One comes from underneath you and goes across from left to right

-Approx six planes in front of you as you land on the sea

-kamikazees attack boat to right

By the time id finished on the front turret I had around 20 kills

Right Turret

-Some come over the top of you and slightly to the right

-Shoot the two PT boats

-Some will come straight at you

Left Turret

-Across from left to right

-after PT boats lots come straight at you

-After this they will attack the boat to your left flying right to left

Main Turret 2nd time

-3x come straight at you from slightly to your right

-One more comes straight at you from slightly to your right

-3x come straight at you from slightly to your left

-Several left to right in distance then one will come straight at you

-3x right to left then one will come straight at you

-Some from left will come straight at you

-2x go left to right then straight at you

Cheers,

Tom

Right I got 36 about an hour ago, so I guess it is my timing at the first part of the

Zeros attacking... :| I will keep trying....

OH MY GOD!!! I had to kill one more and then them allied planes came and blew up the last 3!!!! OHHH!!!!! Save and Quit again... :(

Ok, well...! Wooo! I just got it... :)

I got 45 exactly aswell.... talk about lucky lol.. :)

Thanks for the guide :)

Edited by CovertDog

i think this could be a great guide, im gonna try it first thing in the morning.

1 question though, maybe the answer could be incorporated into the guide..i hear people say 'oh u got to save' at some point

at what point? and how many kills would you say is a decent total to have to give you a good chance on gettin to 45 in the next bit? that was 2 questions, sorry

i think this could be a great guide, im gonna try it first thing in the morning.

1 question though, maybe the answer could be incorporated into the guide..i hear people say 'oh u got to save' at some point

at what point? and how many kills would you say is a decent total to have to give you a good chance on gettin to 45 in the next bit? that was 2 questions, sorry

I finally got it. Here's what I did.

There is an auto-save right before you get to fire on the big wave. You wanna hit about 6 or 7 right then, then after the waves and before you head down to the sea you want to check where you are at. You want to be around 13-14. If you are lower, hit save and quit and go back again until you get that number. The next save is between left and right turrets. Here You want around 22-23. If its not high enough, go back and try again. There is no save after. I think I got up to 30-32 range before you go back to your last turett. Gotta hit a vast majority, just remember to spam The cannon as well as the gun. I ended up with 44 (d'oh!) then 47. So it is possible, but still time consuming, even with this guide. Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

your guide doesnt say to rescue any survivors and if you dont you pass the mission but fail the acheivement ffs

otherwise good job

:D now im happy got 45 on the last three thought I didnt get it at first with only 44 then one more popped up

Edited by korn_kw

Thanks to this guide I managed to get the Sum of All Zeroes achievement at the second attempt.

1st Attempt 44 Zeroes (WTF?! How pissed was I!!)

2nd Attempt 52 Zeroes.

Also I've just realised that I didn't even change the sensitivity. Did it on recruit difficulty as it seems you only need to hit the plane with a couple of shots and not need to see it blow up for it to count.