FIFA 15 - Career Mode Discussion Thread - Post Your Best Players, Bargains & Stories:

Boomerang Cat

http://i59.tinypic.com/20rmw0p.jpg

Hello, my name is Boomerang Cat and welcome to the fourth annual FIFA Career Mode Discussion Thread on xboxachievements.com. After the success of the previous Career Mode Discussion Threads with the Community members of this Forum, I thought it would be beneficial to everyone to make it an annual tradition.

Last years xboxachievements.com FIFA 14 Career Mode Discussion Thread (Link) received 4 times as many views as the next most viewed FIFA 14 Thread on this Forum.

http://i60.tinypic.com/hwlssh.jpg

With FIFA 15 soon to be Released, many Players of the Game will soon be creating a new Career Mode with their desired Team with the aim of taking them all the way to glory.

This Thread has been designed for Users of the Forum to share anything they think others might find useful during their very own FIFA 15 Career Mode.

If you're not a member of xboxachievements.com yet, why not register today and share your own FIFA 15 Career Mode experiences? Simply click Here to start the short xboxachievements.com registration process.

FIFA 15 Career Mode Items of Interest can include:

Bargain Players: Those Undiscovered Gems that are excellent Value for Money.

Young Players with High Potential: Share those Wonderkid's whose attributes have grown at a very rapid rate.

Tips: Either before starting or during a current Career Mode Game, what are the essential Tips you would give to others?

Stories: Exceptional FIFA 15 Career Mode Stories which the majority of the Forum would find interesting.

Tactics: What are your "go-to" Tactics which help you to Win Matches or fight back from negative Scorelines.

Anything else related to FIFA 15's Career Mode which the majority of the FIFA Community would find interesting:

Edited by Boomerang Cat

• 2 weeks later...

EA have announced a list of wonder kids, including their starting overall rating and their potential rating. There are definitely a few cheap prospects in the list; although it's packed with already established players who are probably pretty expensive i.e Januzaj, Pogba, Shaw etc., although Živković from Ajax looks like he could be a good, inexpensive buy.

Source:

http://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2014/fifa-15-player-ratings-top-career-mode-prospects?utm_campaign=fifa15-social-global-ic-tw-fifa-ratings-prospects-091814-tw-text-site-lnch&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=fifa15-social-global-ic-tw-fifa-ratings-prospects-091814-tw-text-site-lnch&cid=26436&ts=1411063662775

• 2 weeks later...
EA have announced a list of wonder kids, including their starting overall rating and their potential rating. There are definitely a few cheap prospects in the list; although it's packed with already established players who are probably pretty expensive i.e Januzaj, Pogba, Shaw etc., although Živković from Ajax looks like he could be a good, inexpensive buy.

Source:

http://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2014/fifa-15-player-ratings-top-career-mode-prospects?utm_campaign=fifa15-social-global-ic-tw-fifa-ratings-prospects-091814-tw-text-site-lnch&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=fifa15-social-global-ic-tw-fifa-ratings-prospects-091814-tw-text-site-lnch&cid=26436&ts=1411063662775

Thanks for Posting.

Here is a link to a large FIFA 15 Career Mode Database published on Futhead, where you can use the site to search for the specific parameters you are looking for.

http://www.futhead.com/15/career-mode/players/

So far untested until we get a number of Forum users confirming that the growth/potential is close to the potential shown in this Database.

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Boomerang Cat

I've done well with a couple deals in my new Southampton career mode.

Sergi Roberto CM from Barca who is 75 rated and 84/85 potential and only cost me £1,800,000

Niang RW from AC Milan who is 74 rated and potential of around 84 and cost me around £2,400,000.

Adnan Januzaj from Man Utd rated 75 LM and potential of 87 or so and cost me £6,000,000.

Mateo Kovacic from Inter Milan rated 75 CM and potential of 86 cost me £7,500,000. Not a bargain but great signing.

Then southampton already have a few good players that go upto and even over 80 potential!

So, I finally got around to starting my career last night. I opted for Shrewsbury... not sure why... just figured. And yes, I used the "Financial Takeover" option. I pretty much built a new squad with kids. Soooo excited to see how they do. A lot of the players listed on futhead.com aren't even available in career mode. :(

Anyways, the players I've picked up: CB Marian Sarr (Dortmund), GK Fabrice Ondoa (Barcelona B), CM Gedion Zelalem (Arsenal), CDM Levin Oztunali (Bayer), CDM Oscar Gil (Bilbao), ST Mamadou Tounkara (Lazio), CB Jean-Charles Castelletto (Auxerre), ST Donis Avdijaj (Schalke), CAM Antonio Loi (Caligari), RM Jordan Graham (Aston Villa), CB Erik Palmer-Brown (Sporting KC).

Oddly enough, I didn't run into any problems negotiating the deals. No player cost me more than 2.3 million, and they all accepted my first wage contract offered.

So after skipping FIFA 14's career mode as I found playing with low rated players a real chore last year (poor touch, unrealistically bad finishing) I am now coming to the end of my first season in FIFA 15.

I'm playing as Oxford in League 2 (with Financial takeover) and finding it really enjoyable - league 2 players aren't complete donkeys this time around.

I won't chronicle the ins and outs of my team or provide detailed growth per player, but will highlight the following gems:

GK: Scuffett - 87 potential

LW: Novikovas - Only 66, with 72 potential, but 90 pace and more than capable of setting League 2 alight. He's having a decent Euro qualifier campaign IRL as well

CAM: Bahlouli - Plays like Lampard but with pace :-) Arrives late to the box in CAM position

ST: Raman - League 2 top scorer (26 goals so far) - 90 pace

ST: Villalba - Feels like Diego Costa but with 90 pace - 20+ goals, but has been injured for 3 months.

Speaking of which, I have had to tweak the sliders this year to iron out some grievances. One of which is the constant and serious injuries befalling my players.

I've had to reduce the length and severity down from 50 to 20, and I still have two seriously injured players in the reserves.

My other tweaks:

My team: Player runs up to 80. I can't bear to see static players in my team not exploiting spaces and making runs.

CPU: Accel and speed 49 - taking the edge of the opposition to blunt their constant shimmying, turning and generally their ability to never concede possession.

Shot error - up to 54 - slightly less clinical

Pass error - up to 56 - they still manage 80+% pass accuracy, but at least I get a look in now.

These settings on World Class provide some great matches. I will draw some, narrowly lose some and every now and then win 6-0.

I am on course to finish 3rd in the league and gaining automatic promotion, which was my task set by the board...

• 3 weeks later...
If anyone is interested -- I did a Season One recap video. I know a few of you watched this last year and liked how I did it.

Great stuff Eggnogga, I really enjoyed this Video and I must admit this, along with a few annoying bugs in FUT, has given me a bit of a desire to start a Career Mode.

Notes/Questions:

Pedro Azogue - I kinda feel sorry for him. How does this guy make a living if he really is a genuine Player who has been a Free Agent for the last couple of years.

Roque Portillo - Even though it's annoying that EA haven't fixed the Game so that Players who go out on Loan actually play, at least he grew +4 during the Season so it's not too bad.

Youth Players - They all look awesome after being found by your 5 star Scout. I wonder if the cheap Scouts still find the very occasional hidden Gem, like in FIFA 14's Career Mode?

Transfer Windows - In FIFA 14 when you had a Player who was Top Scorer and/or a Goalkeeper who had the most Clean Sheets in their respective League, do you still receive an astronomical bid for them at some point during the January Transfer Window?

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Dude actually exists and is apparently the captain of Bolivia's U-20 squad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Azogue

Tim Payne is another guy I noticed also floundering in the Free Agent pool again this year.

I've gotten a few offers for players, but nothing outlandish. I recall in my final season in FIFA 14's Career Mode, I had a 86 rated Lukaku on my squad and PSG on the final day of the January Window offered 100 million for him. That was the most I've ever seen offered.

Pedro Azogue - I kinda feel sorry for him. How does this guy make a living if he really is a genuine Player who has been a Free Agent for the last couple of years.

Transfer Windows - In FIFA 14 when you had a Player who was Top Scorer and/or a Goalkeeper who had the most Clean Sheets in their respective League, do you still receive an astronomical bid for them at some point during the January Transfer Window?

Dude actually exists and is apparently the captain of Bolivia's U-20 squad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Azogue

Tim Payne is another guy I noticed also floundering in the Free Agent pool again this year.

I've gotten a few offers for players, but nothing outlandish. I recall in my final season in FIFA 14's Career Mode, I had a 86 rated Lukaku on my squad and PSG on the final day of the January Window offered 100 million for him. That was the most I've ever seen offered.

I'm glad Azogue is a real life player who has a real life Club. I may have to check out some of the familiar names if I start a lower League Career Mode.

As for not getting outlandish offers for your Players in FIFA 15, I hope they haven't changed how it used to be in FIFA 14, that was a great cash cow that could be milked every Transfer Window.

I have just been doing some preparation for a possible New Career Mode in FIFA 15 and I have found the best Free Agent that I have ever seen on any FIFA Career Mode.

He has no Potential for growth, but has incredible Pace for a Striker who is available for nothing apart from funding his £8,000 per week Wage.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2b5ndd.jpg

Edited by Boomerang Cat

I have just been doing some preparation for a possible New Career Mode in FIFA 15 and I have found the best Free Agent that I have ever seen on any FIFA Career Mode.

He has no Potential for growth, but has incredible Pace for a Striker who is available for nothing apart from funding his £8,000 per week Wage.

Nice! Better than the free agents I found. Pretty sure he wasn't there when I went free agent searching!

Nice! Better than the free agents I found. Pretty sure he wasn't there when I went free agent searching!

Nykstukas, I used the "Download Latest" Squads option when starting Career Mode, so this could possibly be why he didn't show up for you.

Update:

In the January Transfer Window I have just Sold Lee Keun Ho for £3,500,000 to Celtic after he was Top Scorer in the first half of the Season in English League 2.

Despite having no Potential for Growth (according to the Database) he grew +1 to 70 after approximately 10-15 Games and was then valued at £1.4m. He then grew +1 again to 71 before January, however his valuation didn't increase.

A bid of £2,000,000 came in from Celtic on the 1st January and the Board recommended a Fee of between £2m and £2.9m. I decided to be cheeky and negotiated to £3.5m and Celtic agreed to it. This will definitely help with signing Players on Bosman Free Transfers.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

I'm wrapping up my 2nd season (video will be up soon), but one thing that is frustrating me --- Injuries. At one point, I had 5 players out for multiple months with different injuries. My squad is already paper-thin, and this about crippled my team. I don't like "promoting" youth squad players until they demand a contract, so it took a lot of effort/commitment to avoid doing that.

I'm wrapping up my 2nd season (video will be up soon), but one thing that is frustrating me --- Injuries. At one point, I had 5 players out for multiple months with different injuries. My squad is already paper-thin, and this about crippled my team. I don't like "promoting" youth squad players until they demand a contract, so it took a lot of effort/commitment to avoid doing that.

Agreed, both in Career Mode & FUT, injuries seem to occur too frequently and they never seem to be minor knocks which will see a player miss 2-3 days.

I think there is an Option for Injuries in the Sliders section of Settings if you feel it's being too unrealistic and want to manually rebalance how they work in FIFA 15.

Agreed, both in Career Mode & FUT, injuries seem to occur too frequently and they never seem to be minor knocks which will see a player miss 2-3 days.

I think there is an Option for Injuries in the Sliders section of Settings if you feel it's being too unrealistic and want to manually rebalance how they work in FIFA 15.

I moved the sliders right down to avoid too many injuries to my team. I still pick up a few though...