Will this game be dead by Christmas?

random king007

I would hope not... I guess it depends. If they release a lot of stuff for the multiplayer (like trailers to get hype) then I could see this game lasting. If they don't do that then I could see this game declining in people playing multiplayer. That is why you have this site though! So you can organize boosting sessions. You won't be the only one buying this game. Trust me.. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I actually reckon the multiplayer will be pretty dead to start with, but will start to prosper around Christmas time; because there are so many other games coming out within a month of this one's release, many of which are guaranteed to be incredibly successful in terms of sales, such as Halo 4, Call of Duty: Black Ops II and Assassin's Creed III, sales for 007 Legends will start off low. Christmas will be an opportunity for the game to reel in the big bucks.

It may be dead by Xmas but two things to point out. You have a community of die hard bond fans that might stay online and the big one...

In November a new Bond film comes out to put a new surge of intrigue into everything Bond. This game could last till February if you count the people that finally see Skyfall on Dvd and want to "play the movie".

After February though, don't expect a lot of activity online...

Remember when they said "Goldeneyes back. Get your friends"? That goes for all Bond games published by Activision. As long as it plays so similar to COD it won't last and the most fun you may have is with friends.

Someone ought to build a community of people willing to play online anytime. As long as it doesn't lag...

That's why we are on this site! So that we can get a big group together of people who are buying this game and then we can dominate the multiplayer mode!

Amen to that. The beauty of x360a is there are always people willing to help. Even with games that are over 5 years old (providing the servers are alive lol)

I managed to boost Goldeneye in 1 session thanks to posting in the forums in advance and setting up a group!

Never doubt the power of posts

• 3 weeks later...

Its actually a hard one to call because when Goldeneye Reloaded was released on the xbox/ps3 the servers weren't working, you could never find a game and always be put in a lobby by yourself, even though there were 1000s of people online playing, they never did patch it though which kinda sucks.

Funny thing is a lot of people do still play Quantum of Solace ;)

Yep, and be able to pick it up for a fiver this time next yr.

Fed up of these bond games.

Remake Goldeneye N64 in the same way Perfect Dark was done and not redo levels, making them bigger, more enemies, different guns, etc

That alone would outsell any bond game made.

Also bring a HD version of Everything or nothing, that was actually fun.

I got GoldenEye last Christmas, and community was most definitely not dead then. I was able to get a good number of the online achievements without boosting. I even leveled all the way up to nearly 50 to unlock the proximity mines needed for the achievement. By the time I was done, I was like 150th on the leader boards.

I will be getting this game for Christmas as well, and I hope there is at least a tiny community.