Game Freezing

DMHead777

I have done some research and it seems other people are having this problem.

The game constantly freezes and only when playing this game. While I'm on Netflix or playing any other game, my Xbox runs fine. Except, while playing this game it freezes until I have to restart the Xbox, losing my mission progress.

I mean, it's not that big of a deal since it autosaves a bunch, but getting irritated having to do a mission over 2-3 times because it won't let me proceed. I also heard that it gets worse towards the end of the game and I'm near the part where I have to build the Key. I am shy, like, 40 clusters and almost done with all my challenges. Fun game, but this is getting ridiculous.

The game is installed on my system and I bought it brand new, so I don't know. Anyone else having this problem?

Yeah dude not trying to be rude but, we all know this game freezes a lot. I myself had the same problems and its just something you have to deal with. Like I have said, the main reason it does this is because it really shows how old our systems are getting. I mean you got to look at it this way, there are tons of animations going on from the superpowers and just regular things like shooting or doing a cut scene animation, then you also got all of the crazy weapons going off all at the same time. So I have to tell you my friend its a miracle that volition even made this game work aswell as it does with what is going on, because that is an ass load of animation for 512 MB of ram to process. So just be thankful that the game works halfway decent :p (rant over xD)

Mine frozen twice last night, both times when I hit the back button to go into the menu. I could still bring up the guide and use that, but couldn't do anything on the in-game pause menu. Had to dashboard and restart.

This is on top of the lagging I often get while playing.

mine freezes only on the HUB menu too...i get atleast 10-15 freezes whenever i play (usualy 4-5 hr bursts as the freezing pisses me off)

but ive oddly never had any lag...had the occasional moment when the sounds vanish but no lag

I've had another weird glitch last night and today. Everytime I start the game from the main menu, I get an audio diary from Keith David. It's always the same bit of dialogue, the music is playing over it too. It's not meant to be playing like that I'm sure.

Is this the audio log that goes on about Zinyak kicking the stool from under him? and how you shouldn't piss off America? If so the exact same thing happens to me

My game freezes whenever I jump after loading a save. Only fix I've found is getting to bad guys without jumping, getting killed, and then I can jump again... until the next time I play.

Every. Single. Time.

Oh, and if I try to get to the bad guys using the super sprint thing, if I get ANY air whatsoever, the game freezes as well.

My game has frozen several times when I've tried to access the challenge menu. Even if there is no animations (standing at top of highest tower block, doing nothing). Shocking. I doubts it's just the age of the 360, it's poor code too.

Happened to me several times. Guide still worked, but came was frozen solid. Glad I only need the 40hr achievement now, then I'm done with this glitchy game.

I've had another weird glitch last night and today. Everytime I start the game from the main menu, I get an audio diary from Keith David. It's always the same bit of dialogue, the music is playing over it too. It's not meant to be playing like that I'm sure.

I keep getting an audio diary from SR2 Shaundi about them running Ultor or some cap whenever i load up :/

Glad i'm not the only one then, i've mostly had the HUB menu glitch where the Dashboard still pops up. Had the game freeze once whilst working on challenges on the restricted island and i keep getting the Keith David log play when the game loads up, had Kinzie talking about Oleg for a while. Just have a few challenges to work on now and a few tied in achieves then will probs get rid of the game but i did enjoy it's OTT elements lol

Game freezes a lot over here, just like SR3 did as well (expected since both have the same code)

But I found this to be a bit worse: when it's autosaving, if I hit the BACK button, there is a great chance of a freeze as well.

Volition did a great job on the game story and other stuff. But they seriously need to improve their coding skills.

Wow. After reading these I'm lucky my game only froze 3 times. First two was when I'd hit select to go to the menu, then I'd have to go to the dashboard and come back. The third time really ticked me off as I was on the final mission.. but thankfully when I rebooted it took me to the last checkpoint, rather then the missions start haha.

While I was playing this game, it would freeze right when I hit select, or when I hit either the map or the challenges menu. I also had it freeze on me a couple times when I was at the final boss when I went to check my challenges for alien kills. :mad:

Edited by seaymeh
Slightly confusing