PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Anime and Manga
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #1501
Takamura Bear

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVthePunisher View Post
So this final fight will last 4-5 chapters? Nah, probably 3 max...allowing the two remaining to deal with goodbyes, series closure, etc. Unless Kishi intends for everyone to watch the movie to close things out.

Chapters better be extra long then...didn't come this far to see Naruto vs. Sasuke done in a couple chapters.
The full aftermath of the Naruto Sasuke fight! Will Naruto or Sasuke obtain the prestigious title of Hokage? Find out in the last Naruto movie only in cinemas!

DLC Season Pass also announced. Unlock more of the story for $60! Contains Kaguya flashback, Hamura flashback, Tenten's use for the Sage's Treasured tools, Prime Hiruzen flashback, Kakashi's face and the conclusion of NaruHina!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:06 PM   #1502
InuMoka

So what will the next movie be about?Will it be an alternative ending?The only one that didn't dissapoint me was Ninja Road though it was a bit cliche
InuMoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #1503
Takamura Bear

I am officially done with mangapanda. Whoever is in charge of translating needs to be shot. I don't care if they fixed it later, a rush job is a rush job.

Three more weeks left until the end. There is no way this is not ending in some disappointment for many (unless, of course, Kishimoto plans to extend the series and rectify the plot holes with this 'huge new project' of his).

Naruto GT here we come!
Old 10-16-2014, 08:06 PM   #1504
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Bear View Post
I am officially done with mangapanda. Whoever is in charge of translating needs to be shot. I don't care if they fixed it later, a rush job is a rush job.

Three more weeks left until the end. There is no way this is not ending in some disappointment for many (unless, of course, Kishimoto plans to extend the series and rectify the plot holes with this 'huge new project' of his).

Naruto GT here we come!
I didn't even notice that. Wow, how unprofessional.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:17 AM   #1505
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

TVthePunisher's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:

Naruto GT here we come!
You've been done with mangapanda multiple times. Just because they release faster than MangaStream doesn't mean you have to keep going there Takamura! *shakes head in disappointment*
TVthePunisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #1506
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:

Naruto GT here we come!
Not saying that there aren't any plot holes in the series, but which ones are you referring to specifically? I'll admit that there does seem to be alot that needs to be resolved in just 3 chapters, especially considering that the fight just started, but I think the aftermath could be explained simply in the final chapter.

I do like how this has basically become the anime version of Watchmen though. Anyone whose read the graphic novel or seen the movie knows what I mean.

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm and Achieve On!
Rapture639 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:27 AM   #1507
Takamura Bear

Quote:
You've been done with mangapanda multiple times. Just because they release faster than MangaStream doesn't mean you have to keep going there Takamura! *shakes head in disappointment*
"TV is disappointed in Takamura" cliche.

+1

Also, discount Russell Crowe avatar.

+1

Post does not contain a lap dance. And I am actually okay with that. And I am totally not okay with that.

+1

What? <_< >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture639 View Post
Not saying that there aren't any plot holes in the series, but which ones are you referring to specifically? I'll admit that there does seem to be alot that needs to be resolved in just 3 chapters, especially considering that the fight just started, but I think the aftermath could be explained simply in the final chapter.
That's true. But I guess the one that's bugging me the most is the whole thing with Hagoromo's brother, Hamura. Are we not at least going to get some explanation as to what happened to him? I just don't know why he was introduced.

If Kishimoto can pull off a proper resolution to the series, then hats off to him. But is it too selfish of me to expect the final chapter to be around 80 to 100 pages long?
Old 10-18-2014, 03:27 AM   #1508
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Quote:
That's true. But I guess the one that's bugging me the most is the whole thing with Hagoromo's brother, Hamura. Are we not at least going to get some explanation as to what happened to him? I just don't know why he was introduced.

If Kishimoto can pull off a proper resolution to the series, then hats off to him. But is it too selfish of me to expect the final chapter to be around 80 to 100 pages long?
Ah Hamura. Yeah I don't think we'll ever see more of him or Hagoromoro since it seemed like they were trying to sweep them after the rug pretty quickly with this final battle. Also, maybe it's just me, but I don't really need 80-100 pages to say basically they all lived happily ever after or some cliched ending. I could be wrong and they could have a totally unexpected ending (like Sasuke kills Naruto and manages to pull off his plan), but the likelihood of that is 0.0001%.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:02 AM   #1509
TVthePunisher

Send a message via AIM to TVthePunisher Send a message via MSN to TVthePunisher Send a message via Yahoo to TVthePunisher Send a message via Skype™ to TVthePunisher

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   House of Horrors Challenge Club - Tier 1   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Bronze   Genre Competition - Second Place   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Why do I have a feeling that Sasuke's Rinegan and Naruto's powers are just as temporary as Kakashi's from Obito? As soon as the Old Man has to leave, what if the powers go with him? Sasuke's plan goes down the drain then. I don't remember any assurances that those powers were permanent...
Old 10-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #1510
Takamura Bear

What's this? A straight up brutal slug fest with actual taijutsu moves instead of giant rockem sockem-like battles for once? Let me be the first to say how fucking refreshing it is to see that!

Although the Hashirama and Madara monuments have been destroyed and beheaded in the process. That's criminal damage on historic properties.

I also get the feeling that Sakura is going to jump in the way of Sasuke to save Naruto next chapter... but we know she lives because she makes an appearance in the next movie. Bitch, stay out the way and don't ruin this fight.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #1511
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
What's this? A straight up brutal slug fest with actual taijutsu moves instead of giant rockem sockem-like battles for once? Let me be the first to say how fucking refreshing it is to see that!

Although the Hashirama and Madara monuments have been destroyed and beheaded in the process. That's criminal damage on historic properties.
IKR? When I saw Saskue pull out those weapon seals and actually return to using TECHNIQUE, I applauded. While the Kaguya fight did have some strategy involved, this whole arc has been nothing but throwing powerful attacks at one another. That, and the Naruto Barrage throwback made this chapter way too good.

I knew the VoTE would get wrecked. It's a symbolism for advancing beyond the past, and creating a new path.
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #1512
TVthePunisher

So...is the movie actually canon then, since everyone says "we know so and so survives, since they're in the next movie!"? So is Kishimoto going to promote the movie and say "TO FIND OUT THE EPILOGUE, WATCH THE LAST MOVIE!!!"?

Otherwise, I'm not taking that movie as canon until he says that. Sasuke could still die, Naruto could still die. Sakura should die. Kakashi, stab her...RIGHT-FUCKING-NOW!
Old 10-30-2014, 05:10 AM   #1513
TVthePunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehapoc View Post
Old 10-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #1514
MADasaHatter

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

HA HAHA TEHAPOC

But I really liked this chapter. Really good payoff. But in that way, it's obvious they will use a combination of their hands for

SYMBOLISSSSSSSM~~~~~~~~~

The gang's all here.

MADasaHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 03:43 AM   #1515
Takamura Bear

Kakashi is wearing Hokage uniform? Hmm....

More info on the mystery villain in The Last: Naruto The Movie. Looks like we have someone from the same bloodline as Hagoromo and Kaguya.

The Last: Naruto the Movie: Toneri Otsutsuki, New Scenes, Colored Art
Old 11-01-2014, 04:51 AM   #1516
MADasaHatter

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

Hmmm

The synop mentions everyone but Sasuke. Wonder what that means. And Naruto's hand is wrapped up

The moon plan sounds about right. It gets mentioned in almost every evil plan leading up to the end.

Choji with facial hair is the bomb though.

The gang's all here.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #1517
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADasaHatter View Post
And Naruto's hand is wrapped up
I'm guessing they are so pissed at Sasuke, Sakura cuts off his right hand and attaches it to Naruto's arm.

Read them.... apply them.
AOS Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:35 AM   #1518
TVthePunisher

Ugh, guess it's gonna be a Thursday release for Mangastream...I'm sure it's out elsewhere but I prefer their translations.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #1519
KillerBEA
*Insert Witty User Title*

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA 91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Silver   Artist of the Month   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Quote:
Ugh, guess it's gonna be a Thursday release for Mangastream...I'm sure it's out elsewhere but I prefer their translations.
I am pretty sure the chapters aren't gonna be out til the 10th. There are a bunch of leaks going around right now though.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #1520
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
I am pretty sure the chapters aren't gonna be out til the 10th. There are a bunch of leaks going around right now though.
Chapters are already out and translated, and the ending was just meh. Hopefully the last movie will be better than the last chapters.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:40 PM   #1521
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Last couple of chapters wasn't anything too great in my opinion. The last fight did nothing for me and I thought the resolution was weak ("Let's solve this with the power of friendship!").

I figured the last chapter would be a flash forward, so that was nice seeing the new generation of ninjas and seeing who ended up getting hitched with who. I did think it was pretty unbelievable that they managed to develop skyscrapers in just 15 years though....

Naruto x Hinata was probably the best part of the final chapter.

I can't say that I'm surprised by any of it, as it was your typical shounen conclusion, but I'm not going to knock the series for being what it is. The series had alot of great characters and moments with the 4th ninja war being my favorite. As a fan of it for pretty much since it started, it was a really long ride with up and down moments and I'm glad to see it finally come to a proper ending.

Last edited by Rapture639; 11-06-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:12 PM   #1522
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Quote:
Not excited for the spinoff in April or whatever?
Only if they finally show what is under Kakashi's mask. lol

Old 11-06-2014, 10:02 PM   #1523
TVthePunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOS Puck View Post
Only if they finally show what is under Kakashi's mask. lol
They better, the first one is called "Kakashi Story" or something like that. I was hoping the final chapter would finally reveal under the mask but...maybe the movie will?

My thoughts...wow. I started Naruto a few years back, I got into it about...a little bit before the big fight between Sasuke and Itachi (when it was new, current chapters). So far I stuck to the anime for everything prior to where I picked up and started reading the chapters each week (I picked up when Sasuke was bringing out the 4 Hokages). I'm not sure what made me decide to jump in there but I'm glad I did...the fight with Madara was pretty fantastic and the conclusion with Obito was great too, the Kaguya thing was weak and unneeded...and the final battle felt a bit short between Naruto/Sasuke.

So far...I'm missing the story just before the Five Kage Summit Arc starts and all the way up until Sasuke is reviving the 4 Hokages. That's a good chunk of the series right there I'm absent on. I was waiting for more episodes to be dubbed in English, for Shippuden...before I picked up again.

If I wasn't so tired I'd make a pretty lengthy post about Naruto...I'll save it for a time later.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:31 PM   #1524
TVthePunisher

Quote:
You didn't watch the Chunin exam at all?
I worded it wrong .__. I've seen everything UP UNTIL the Five Kage Summit. That arc and just before Sasuke revives the Hokages I have not seen...so basically, a majority of the 4th Shinobi War.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #1525
KillerBEA
*Insert Witty User Title*

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA 91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 3   Subscriber - Silver   Artist of the Month   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Glad to see Naruto become Hokage finally. He sure seems to have matured a lot in 15 years

Bolt is Naruto all over again, kind of amusing.
Old 11-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #1526
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Don't think anyone has pointed this out yet

Apparently it says "Thank you for the hard work, Naruto". Is there a strong relationship between the creators of Naruto and One Piece? I thought the strawhat graffiti in chapter 700 was an odd Easter egg but it seems like both are acknowledging each other which is kinda neat.

Edit: Here's a mockup of most of the characters in chapter 700

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they continued the series with the new kids and called it "Naruto GT" or whatever.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Rapture639; 11-07-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #1527
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Quote:
Don't think anyone has pointed this out yet

There are some other easter eggs in there like Naruto's head for the I in PIECE, the Konoha symbol on the waitress' dress, the Naruto symbol on the back of the fox, Luffy eating ramen, the Konoha symbol as the O & the shuriken as part of the E in ONE.

Old 11-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #1528
TVthePunisher

Quote:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they continued the series with the new kids and called it "Naruto GT" or whatever.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/...ource=facebook

Yep, the Part 3 that I knew about and people shut me down on. Back when Naruto was still in Part 1, Kishimoto stated he wanted it to be 3 parts. Some folks even thought that meant the 4th Shinobi War, but no...good, I'm ready for part 3.

Besides, it also makes sense because everyone's older too...it'll focus on the kids I'm sure but like the timeskip for Part 2/Shippuden, this timeskip aged them passed teenagers. Can't wait to see the new series! Even if it's a mini-series...
Old 11-08-2014, 05:41 AM   #1529
MADasaHatter

MADRUCKIS's Gamercard

Hmmm

Woman with oddly colored hair has a child with a part-time villain of the series who is moody and names their child something absolutely ridiculous.

Sounds familiar

On the next, Narutooooooooo

The gang's all here.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #1530
Havi el Javi

Havi el Javi's Gamercard
One of my favorite fights was when the crew had to fight the little kid who could control the weather, that had a lot of emotion. Poor little kid :'(
Havi el Javi is offline   Reply With Quote