SNES chat

Akuza

So today I got an amazing haul, for a stupidly and I mean stupidly cheap price of £22.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/bhk1/1cb9ae0680e271c447295fdd0785a97c_zpsb35b30a9.jpg

14 games all together!

This isn't the best part... It included these...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/bhk1/5c6ab69b759b7a751cb1fe64c3493477_zps23491a87.jpg

I nearly cried when I pulled them out of the bag.

I already own a SNES but it came as a bundle and snatched it up before someone else did.

This got me thinking has anyone else had such luck like this? Or has a good collection?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow nice collection!

I would love mega man :p

I usually don't collect for my SNES but I saw this come up and couldn't let it go :p

Tried them all and they work fantastically!

Just wish I had boxes for them, like America got, those plastic ones...

I wish I kept those boxes, would have been easier to store them :p But I still have all of mine and as far as I know, they all work. I know where they are but digging them out is more work then I feel like doing :( I also can't plug them into the hd monitor I use for gaming.

Wow nice collection!

I would love mega man :p

I usually don't collect for my SNES but I saw this come up and couldn't let it go :p

Tried them all and they work fantastically!

Just wish I had boxes for them, like America got, those plastic ones...

I like your secret of mana; I still need it!

I wish the super nintendo games came with plastic cases.

In America, the snes games came in paper boxes that got messed up easily. Some people collect them with the games, but I just use a case called the universal game case and print out each cover.

I like your secret of mana; I still need it!

I wish the super nintendo games came with plastic cases.

In America, the snes games came in paper boxes that got messed up easily. Some people collect them with the games, but I just use a case called the universal game case and print out each cover.

Well that's what I'm considering doing, leaving the boxed ones as is but putting most in those style cases.

Probably is they only come in 2 versions for me... 1 for £1.99 or 100 for like £90 haha there's no middle at all that will ship to the uk :(

Shame really... I need only like 50!

Well that's what I'm considering doing, leaving the boxed ones as is but putting most in those style cases.

Probably is they only come in 2 versions for me... 1 for £1.99 or 100 for like £90 haha there's no middle at all that will ship to the uk :(

Shame really... I need only like 50!

Some guys in Europe use multi-disc dvd cases as an alternative and there are a few cases from new companies that are about to be released soon. There's more info about alternatives to UGCs on this forum:

http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=336.msg124131#new

Edit: Btw, the shipping for UGC is what's really going to kill the deal, but if you have a chance to get a 100 for a reasonable cost then do it because you'd have no problem unloading the rest to other gamers I'm sure.

When I first heard about the cases, I figured I'd never ever need more than 20 or 30 and now I need another box! You won't regret having a few extra too just in case you drop a case or something it's good to have some back ups

Edited by Fritz White

Some guys in Europe use multi-disc dvd cases as an alternative and there are a few cases from new companies that are about to be released soon. There's more info about alternatives to UGCs on this forum:

http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=336.msg124131#new

Edit: Btw, the shipping for UGC is what's really going to kill the deal, but if you have a chance to get a 100 for a reasonable cost then do it because you'd have no problem unloading the rest to other gamers I'm sure.

When I first heard about the cases, I figured I'd never ever need more than 20 or 30 and now I need another box! You won't regret having a few extra too just in case you drop a case or something it's good to have some back ups

Is this an advert for the cases or something :p

But seriously, I will probably do it after Christmas, since I'm moving house after Christmas, it'll be nice to have these cases on display.

Can they be used for NES carts too? Since majority of my NES games are loose ...

I'm talking about this but it's a SNES topic :p

Super Mario World was just...perfect. Anyone else?

Yes it was / is an awesome game, I wouldn't say perfect, but great fun to play at anytime!

Edit:- also, why is it every SNES gamer has at least 2 versions of street fighter 2 :p

Edited by Akuza

I've been wanting to get an SNES for a while. I'll be getting Super Mario World, A Link To The Past, Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound. Any "must-haves" I should also look into getting?

Secrets of Mana

Super Ghouls and Ghosts

Mega Man

F-Zero

Donkey Kong Country

There was another one I played that I cannot remember the name of. It may have been Chronotrigger so you're good on that.

Secrets of Mana

Super Ghouls and Ghosts

Mega Man

F-Zero

Donkey Kong Country

There was another one I played that I cannot remember the name of. It may have been Chronotrigger so you're good on that.

to be honest been playing secret of mana for the last few days, its not that great in my opinion.

plays alot like Zelda really, but not what i was thinking it was going to be for a square game...

if you can find secret of mana cheap deffinately get it, but not for the prices people are asking..

Is this an advert for the cases or something :p

But seriously, I will probably do it after Christmas, since I'm moving house after Christmas, it'll be nice to have these cases on display.

Can they be used for NES carts too? Since majority of my NES games are loose ...

I'm talking about this but it's a SNES topic :p

Edit:- also, why is it every SNES gamer has at least 2 versions of street fighter 2 :p

He he, once you start casing you will see it is easy to use up all the cases you have on hand.;)

You have to modify them and cut out plastic tabs to make NES fit in UGC. It's time consuming and not perfect, but it's ok.

Stoneagegamer makes something called "bit cases" for NES carts and there's another guy that's going to make "onion cases" too.

So many good SNES games to list. I recommend Contra 3, Castlevania 4, Demon's Crest, Super Turrican, Ninja Warriors, and TMNT Turtles in time.

If you want cheaper games that are fun I recommend Batman Returns and Final Fight.

This guy has most of the good/rare SNES games:

http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=10476.0

Edited by Fritz White

• 2 weeks later...

Chrono Trigger is my favorite game, ever. Earthbound in close behind, too. I've got the US and Japanese version of Chrono Trigger. (the Japanese version is more complete than my US copy).

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/c/716/112812203714.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/c/845/fytb.jpg

I hate how Imageshack makes the images so small. The rest of the pics of the Japanese version of Chrono Trigger are there. Think they're easy enough to find, plus whatever random pics I've got posted there, haha.

Chrono Trigger is my favorite game, ever. Earthbound in close behind, too. I've got the US and Japanese version of Chrono Trigger. (the Japanese version is more complete than my US copy).

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/c/716/112812203714.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/c/845/fytb.jpg

I hate how Imageshack makes the images so small. The rest of the pics of the Japanese version of Chrono Trigger are there. Think they're easy enough to find, plus whatever random pics I've got posted there, haha.

Your Japanese copy of chrono trigger got me wondering, should I begin collecting Japanese titles that are stupidly expensive in my region to save on money...

Such as the final fantasy games, chrono trigger, secret of mana 3(I know that isn't its name)

I realise I would need a cart to play these, but a retro store I go to every so often had one for £10 and I've got to be good friends with him kind of now,so he said he'd send anything I want out to me or hold it back....hmmm

Would you say that maybe a good idea?

I've been wanting to get an SNES for a while. I'll be getting Super Mario World, A Link To The Past, Chrono Trigger, and Earthbound. Any "must-haves" I should also look into getting?

On top of what the others have been suggesting I would also add Secret of Evermore. I was disappointed when I got my SNES (was my uncles then my cousins) that the Secret of Evermore, Super Star Wars, and a complete copy of Secret of Mana were no longer with it. I've replace Super Star Wars and found another complete copy of Secret of Mana but still need to get another copy of Secret of Evermore.

Secret of Mana is my favorite game just for the reference of anyone that cares.

The one box that I have is currently in my bedroom acting as a decorative item. Think that it looks great.

Such as the final fantasy games, chrono trigger, secret of mana 3(I know that isn't its name)

I assume you mean Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2 in the US, not that it was ever released in the US). Fun game, might be better than Secret of Mana if I knew a little more Japanese.

I've thought about going with the SFC games for certain titles to save $ but I think I would want to be able to read all the text for RPGs. For action games, why not? Idk, I guess I like all of my game carts to be uniform.

Here's a topic about the subject: http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=12867.0