A couple of pre-purchase questions!

atryeu

Hi! Like I posted in the Oblivion thread, I'm here and just recently got my Xbox 360 after years of asking for one and I'm trying to figure out what I want as my 2nd game to work through.

Is this game longer than "Gun" was? That was such a fun game but it just didn't last very long it seemed. If I were to complete 100% of the game, about how many hours of play do you expect, without cheating by looking at any guides. I prefer to figure things out on my own ;)

Where I live, I don't have high speed internet and am forced to use dialup, so no Live access. Are there many achievements or other in-game activities that I will not be able to complete? I'm sure there are a handful of achievements, but I'm hoping 100% of the game can be completed without internet access.

Thank you in advance! I still remember watching the short mini movie on Fox a few years back around the time this game came out and it got me interested in it, so it's been on my "to buy" list every since!

Thank you :) If I could find the complete edition released on disc with the download goodies included it's nice to know it will provide an okay amount of extra game play (although I personally prefer closer to 50-100+ hours of game play to get the most out of the money spent, but it's rare to find something that lasts so long anymore it seems... the last one I found like that was Final Fantasy XII LoL)

I decided to go with Oblivion first, since I was told there were no Live achievements and such with it so I could get the most of out the game first, not having access to high speed internet. This is still on my list though and I will get it once I'm ready for my 3rd game :)

I just wanted to update and say this was my 2nd game. They didn't have my first choice. At least I got the GotY edition so it has the undead thing on it too.

Good choice atreyu. You will not be unhappy with the GOTY edition. It is what I got and the undead nightmare pack is one of the best DLCs out there.

Enjoy!

I'm still sad about Oblivion though, but that's hopefully the next one I guess.

Red Dead is pretty fun so far. I love the free roam games. I think I started out only having 5 or 6 missions done and I was up to just over 10 hours of play just wandering around and working on Challenges. I got to a point on those where I think I have to continue the story to open up other areas though so I've started the actual stories finally LoL

I haven't tried the Undead one yet. I didn't install that disc. I thought I'd work through the actual game first and then do that one once I finish the main game.

I'm curious about some of the achievement listings for the game on this site though. There are a lot of other DLC achievements listed on the site (and I think I've seen some of them listed on the Dashboard). Most sounded like multiplayer achievements. Outside of the main game achievements and the Undead, do any of the other DLCs have achievements you can get without having access to Live and can be done on my own?

I'm still sad about Oblivion though, but that's hopefully the next one I guess.

Red Dead is pretty fun so far. I love the free roam games. I think I started out only having 5 or 6 missions done and I was up to just over 10 hours of play just wandering around and working on Challenges. I got to a point on those where I think I have to continue the story to open up other areas though so I've started the actual stories finally LoL

I haven't tried the Undead one yet. I didn't install that disc. I thought I'd work through the actual game first and then do that one once I finish the main game.

I'm curious about some of the achievement listings for the game on this site though. There are a lot of other DLC achievements listed on the site (and I think I've seen some of them listed on the Dashboard). Most sounded like multiplayer achievements. Outside of the main game achievements and the Undead, do any of the other DLCs have achievements you can get without having access to Live and can be done on my own?

Yes you can get some of the DLC (for i think like Liars and Cheats, etc) with just playing the normal game. I think I unlocked a few that were related to the weapon unlocks but most of the DLC you have to be online...even undead nightmare has some online achievements.

I wouldn't start the Undead Nightmare DLC until you finish the main storys campaign. Just so that the story completely makes sense.

Enjoy free roaming...its a lot of fun and its a lot of fun in DLC Undead Nightmare

Yeah, I won't start the Undead one until the main story is done. I don't want to get the 2 mixed together LoL

Thanks for the info. One day I'll have to look through the achievement lists on here and see which ones I can work on for the other DLC goodies and which I can't.

And thanks, I will! Free roam is one thing I always liked about most of the rockstar games I've played. It's always fun not being forced into the story right off. It's nice to get a chance to learn where different places are and get used to the controls and gameplay before jumping right into the story.