WTH, 60 Achievements?

Yes, you read that correctly, there are 60 achievements in this game to start with! Looks like THQ is the first publisher to break the mold of having a maximum of 50 achievements at the beginning of a game's life. Since the magic number is set at sixty, does this mean that there will be no additional content (more achievements) for this game? Time will tell.

I doubt there'll be extra content though!

The way I understood it was games now have a cap of 100 achievements and 1250 points and 1000 of those points must be shipped with the game or available for free via DLC. I know Orange Box is slated to be the first game with a full 100 achievements but with five games basically included that was a no-brainer they'd be the first. Where did your quote come from?

• 1 month later...

You have to remember that the first rule with anything on the Xbox 360 is that Microsoft makes the rules. There was a post on Ozymandis' blog a while back detailing the new rules (that the max number of achievements had gone up to 80, and that you have to have at least 1000 with the retail game or free DLC). Orange Box shipping with 99 achievements seems to indicate that the limit is even higher (then again, maybe Valve is exempt as there are 5 games on the disc).

Keep in mind that Beautiful Katamari is shipping with the full 1250 points on the disc (however I think some of those require you to buy DLC).