Seekers of Aldouin Achievements?

BThumme

• 2 weeks later...
I doubt there would be since abyssia; it's just more content for a superb game.

will buy since there's a chance this game will be rare in the future

Same reason I'm buying. Although I am interested in the game (tried the trial and loved the battle system) no game is worth a monthly sub.

Same reason I'm buying. Although I am interested in the game (tried the trial and loved the battle system) no game is worth a monthly sub.

That's certainly a matter of opinion ^^

I've been subbed to this game since it came out in Oct. of 2003. I've been paying $13 a month to this day.

Looking at it now, I'll have spent $1560 on this game by the time October rolls around this year. That sounds like a shit ton of money (and that's not counting new expansions and collected editions!), but with these games, there's a LOT more going on behind the scenes than you realize, and as such that monthly fee ensures that the company has the means to keep the servers going, so that you still have a fun and addicting game to play.

It's a lot like paying Microsoft $60 a year for a Gold subscription. Or your cable internet provider. Or your electric bill. Monthly fees are everywhere, and you pay the money to have access to the things you deem worth having. Do you have to have electricity? No. Cable internet? Hell no! But you pay these premiums anyway because you like them and want them. ^^

You can justify the cost per month if you like. Everyone is allowed to have their opinion, of course. I personally don't mind paying, because I find Final Fantasy XI to be a game of pretty high quality - even 10 years after release. As long as they're still pumping out things I want to waste my time with, I'll keep shoveling my wallet in their direction.

EDIT: Oh, and as for Adoulin achievements - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/25165-New-Xbox-Achievements-for-new-expansion - the community rep here explains that they're in the works.

Edited by theheroslegend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I really hope they don't introduce new achievements. I just recently 100% it and god I'd be sad to have to work on SoA...

Though my guess is they will not. They made an achievement for completing all 3 nations in the past but they haven't done any achievements for the mini-expansions, Abyssea, the two new jobs, completing all the other genkais, or getting a job at 99. Some things that would make sense to put in.