Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Movies
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #3271
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard

The Godfather - 10/10

No reason to give my opinion from the first time I saw it and now, we all know the answer already.

MAL Steam Youtube
XBL: CrazyMvM94 / PSN: CrazyMv94
CrazyMv94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #3272
Barad
Nice One Bungie

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMv94 View Post

The Godfather - 10/10

No reason to give my opinion from the first time I saw it and now, we all know the answer already.
My favourite movie ever, watched this several times too. 10 is too low of a score!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:53 AM   #3273
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard

There Will Be Blood - 10/10

There Will Be Blood is the definition of a fucking film, and completely caught me by surprise from how much it got everything right. Not a single dull moment, not a single bad shot, every singe performance especially from Daniel Day-Lewis was magnificent. Even the tone, the way the story flowed and the musical score was top notch. I was never bored through out the whole thing. If director Paul Thomas Anderson usually makes more movies like this then I strongly need to check out more of him immediately.

I feel the need to watch this again at some point later on now, that is exactly what I thought as soon as the end credits ended.

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barad View Post
10 is too low of a score!
If that was the case with my rating system then I would've given Drive the rating it deserves:

A 12/10.

MAL Steam Youtube

Last edited by CrazyMv94; 10-03-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:03 AM   #3274
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard

Chasing Amy, starting Ben Affleck................wrong movie actually.

Gone Girl - 8.5/10

Wasn't a big fan of the topic earlier or the very beginning, but as it was building up it got far more interesting. Halfway in got a lot better. David Fincher's directing skills never disappoint, the movie hides it's true tone and unexpected turn-of-events happen here and there, Ben Affleck is great in the movie, Rosamund Pike is the biggest surprise of the movie and she steals the show, soundtrack and choreography is amazing, and Tyler Perry can actually act.

Then the ending happened, and I wasn't a big fan of that either, it got me confused at first but the more I put thought of it, it made more sense.

Overall this is still a great movie with an interesting theme of bad marriage and the media reaction to topics like this, certainly not a dating film at all. Not David Fincher's best work but still had plenty of effort behind it.

Perhaps if I watch it again I'll like it more, but one thing for sure is that now I know what to get for christmas:

MAL Steam Youtube

Last edited by CrazyMv94; 10-04-2014 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:19 AM   #3275
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard

Pompeii - 4/10

Poor man's version of Titanic meets Gladiator right here, brought you by the guy who keeps making all those shitty Resident Evil movies.

First half left like some shit right off the History Channel with the mixture of a saturday morning cartoon feel. Story and characters are generic/cliche as fuck, props and acting are ehh, and special effects are kinda bad at first but when you get used to them they are ok. Afterwards there's the saving grace and the main star of the movie, the volcano itself. Second half of the movie when the volcano starts to erupt, makes the movie a whole lot better and entertaining than it was before, and how convenient when the best part of the movie is when you see everyone get killed off by all the lava and destruction.

Overall there is really nothing special in Pompeii, not the worst movie I've seen this year but got me bored at first, until you get to the main attraction of the film which is the volcano. I'd say it's the kind of film you find on a TV channel while you use your computer, and by the time you get to the second half it would be a good time from there. I'm just glad I didn't had to watch this in the theater or else it would've been a much crappier movie.

MAL Steam Youtube

Last edited by CrazyMv94; 10-05-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #3276
Epic sn1pers

Epic sn1pers's Gamercard
Hot Fuzz: 10/10

I religiously watch this film, one of my all time favourites and holds the Number 1 spot on my list of best films.
Epic sn1pers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:47 AM   #3277
Ctrl Alt Defeat

CtrI Alt Defeat's Gamercard
Quote:
Chasing Amy, starting Ben Affleck................wrong movie actually.

Gone Girl - 8.5/10

Wasn't a big fan of the topic earlier or the very beginning, but as it was building up it got far more interesting. Halfway in got a lot better. David Fincher's directing skills never disappoint, the movie hides it's true tone and unexpected turn-of-events happen here and there, Ben Affleck is great in the movie, Rosamund Pike is the biggest surprise of the movie and she steals the show, soundtrack and choreography is amazing, and Tyler Perry can actually act.

Then the ending happened, and I wasn't a big fan of that either, it got me confused at first but the more I put thought of it, it made more sense.

Overall this is still a great movie with an interesting theme of bad marriage and the media reaction to topics like this, certainly not a dating film at all. Not David Fincher's best work but still had plenty of effort behind it.

Perhaps if I watch it again I'll like it more, but one thing for sure is that now I know what to get for christmas:

Glad to see this actually, Fincher is my favorite working director.

Thanks to the man Slaughter for the godlike sig!
11.11.14. Halo 2.
Ctrl Alt Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #3278
crusin

S6T SLAU6HTER23's Gamercard
22 jump street 8/10 don't think I stopped laughing much while watching it absolutely class

credit goes to killerBEA for awsome sig
crusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #3279
nunab18

LovShkChryslr67's Gamercard
Last movie I saw in theater was A Walk Among the Tombstones. I'd give it a 6.5/10. I went in there thinking it would be another balls to the wall awesome Liam Neeson Action film like Taken or Unknown. It was much slower paced, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I couldn't fall in love with any of the characters...any of them. Lackluster characters made the slow pacing feel fairly dull. I would rate this one as a rental.
nunab18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 05:21 AM   #3280
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard

Signs - 9/10

ayy lmao

MAL Steam Youtube
Old 10-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #3281
Gorilla Stomper

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:

Signs - 9/10

ayy lmao
"It's happening"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
Yeah you're right anime is stupid and for dudes with tiny dicks.
Gorilla Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:33 PM   #3282
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard

Trainspotting - 9.5/10

A fast, witty, and dark drama about taking drugs.

MAL Steam Youtube

Last edited by CrazyMv94; 10-14-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:06 PM   #3283
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
A fast, witty, and dark drama about taking drugs.
Really?

Can't wait to hear your one-line description of Requiem for a Dream...
Jack Frost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:06 AM   #3284
mrplantmarky95

mrplantmarky95's Gamercard
Anybody heard of Decoys 2: Alien Seduction? It was like 4 in the morning, couldn't sleep so I put this on, Christ in hell. 2/10
Old 10-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #3285
dvdubb

DVDUBB's Gamercard
Hunger Games: Catching Fire --- 6/10 --- didn't read the books so not sure how good of an adaptation it is, but to kill a sunday evening it is not too bad.
dvdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #3286
MeltingBalloons

MeltingBalloons's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Tyger7   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Pulp Fiction - 10/10

First time I'd ever watched this 90's classic. The thing that makes this film great is the fact that it all flows together in this really quirky way. Tarantino throws many conversations into the film that have no significance to the plot whatsoever, but they add so much of that quirkiness to the film, and make it a truly memorable experience.

Currently Working On (Arcade):

Upcoming Games: Sniper Elite V2

Last Completion: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Join The Fun

Thanks to Gackt for the terrific sig and avatar!
MeltingBalloons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:16 AM   #3287
TheDarkOne

LeGiOnOfPaIn666's Gamercard
DBZ:BoG 9/10

I really enjoyed this movie. Great humor & action sequences thru out. Glad what kept what made the show great & fun was present in this movie.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:33 AM   #3288
FireBallZ24

FireBallZ24's Gamercard
Last movie I watched was Annebelle, It was freaky in parts but it was scarier than The Conjuring which is sort of a sequel in regards to the Annebelle doll. 8/10 for scares and freakyness but 2/10 for some predictability :-/

Signature designed by the legendary KillerBEA! Thanks mate!
FireBallZ24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:00 AM   #3289
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard

Fury - 8/10

Better than I expected, it may not be on pair with Saving Private Ryan on quality level, but as war movies go, this one is pretty decent. I'd recommend to anyone who enjoys movies with the set of World War II.

I was also hoping for Brad Pitt's character to turn into Lieutenant Aldo Raine from Inglorious Basterds at some point, kinda disappointed.

MAL Steam Youtube
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #3290
coboslolita
Banned User

Hunger Games: Catching Fire but to kill a sunday evening it is not too 6/10didn't read the books so not sure how good of an adaptation it is, Neuro3X
coboslolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:16 AM   #3291
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard

Dead Man Down - 3/10

It sucks.

MAL Steam Youtube

Last edited by CrazyMv94; Today at 04:35 AM.