4 Guardians Achievement Specifics!!

Ok, so I was looking all over on how to get this achievement and everyone had good responses on how they did it, but never were specific enough. So, after about more than 30 hours of playing this game I finally figured the requirements.

4 Generals have to be used constantly: I used 3 MAIN CHARACTERS and 1 GENERIC CHARACTER. Its easy to remember the main characters, but its not requiered, you can use whoever you want.

Basically, once you have your 4 guys picked out, make sure to use them in all your fights (MAIN CHARACTERS can only be GENERALS, but Generic ones can be used as LTNT.s).

*IMPORTANT*: DO NOT USE YOUR LORD AT ALL.

It is just so much easier if you leave him out of the equation, so don't use him, at least not for the fighting.

So, just play the game all the way through untill you have one FIEF left to conquer. Make sure you dont capture the last clan's capital, as that makes you take over all of their territory automatically. Capitals usually have the Lord of that specific clan as the first GNRL.

Now that you have that last fief left, move your LTNT. character that you want to get the 4 guardians status to another fief and make him GNRL. Start delegating your generals.

*IMPORTANT*: MAKE SURE NONE OF YOUR GENERALS HAVE THE STRATEGIST STATUS. THIS VOIDS YOUR GENERAL TO GETTING THE 4 GUARDIANS STATUS. THIS IS WHY I COULD NOT GET IT THE TWO TIMES I TRIED THIS.

If you already made one of your picked out characters the strategist, simply get a new general and deligate him 10 or so times, and make him the general you control during defense battles. After defending with him 6 or so times, and deligating with him and the others a generous amount of times, you should be ready for the last step.

Ok, once you feel like these 4 guys have been obsessed over, just make an alliance (long is better if you can) and start skipping turns. I skipped my turn 7 times and then I got the cutscene for the long awaited 4 generals.

That should be it, watch the cutscene, do your own victory dance and save.

REMEMBER: YOUR LORD AND STRATEGIST DO NOT COUNT TOWARD THE 4 GUARDIANS ACHIEVEMENT. ANYONE ELSE IS FINE.

I hope this helps anyone who still just couldnt get this achievement.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

haha OMG

i just got this achievement after trying for like 2 hours. It happened quite randomly, i didnt wait 7 turns i had just got defending with my second most used char.

It kept being random at the end with one of my special 4, sometimes giving me someone i had just captured. I was thinking by the time i got this id be a master on how it happens but now im quite confused, it doesnt make any sense to me at all.

all i know is, its not as acurate as you guys are claiming. i got very random ending "4 chars". I think its based on how many generals you kill with each character or something. That is why you guys keep thinking you have to defend. In game though, there is no real way to see who is who. Even in the end it was quite confusing. Two LTnts i didnt play as at all, whom i captured?

It is also highly based on level i believe, because the two lts were higher leveled than the everyone but 2 of my guys. WTF i dont get this achievement but thankfully it is all over!

BIG NOTE****

The 4 in the ending are NOT what you should go off of. I just got the achievement and the cutscene had a completely different guy in it, then in my ending. I just finished the game RIGHT after i got the achievement, simply by threatening the last national and they surrendered.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just got it myself.

Pretty much all I did was:

-Pick 4 officers.

-Put 3 of them in as generals for every battle, cycling one out each time and playing as a different one each time.

-Played the game til almost the end, occasionally consulting.

-Got each of their 4th weapons to kill time... lol.

-Started delegating with 2 of them. One of the others already got asked to be a Strategist twice and I declined twice.

And then the cutscene randomly popped up. I had two clans left other than me, and was allied with neither.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got it today by using the four officers I saw in the ending.

I allied with the last fief and delegated for like twenty years of game time, but i couldn't get the cutscene. So I started defending with each of my four officers and after a few battles it popped up. The interesting thing is that the last battle it took to get the achievement put my last officer up to level 10. So that might be one other thing to make sure of if it isn't working.

Also, I used benefaction the turn after I got the four guardians and Matsukaze immediately showed up too.

I believe it all depends on the levels of the characters aswell, if you have someone higher level then a character you want to be a guardian, they may become one of the 4 generals. I did it by only playing as 4 characters, not hiring anyone that was higher level then they were and delegated just a few turns and got it. Pretty simple.

• 9 months later...
I believe it all depends on the levels of the characters aswell, if you have someone higher level then a character you want to be a guardian, they may become one of the 4 generals. I did it by only playing as 4 characters, not hiring anyone that was higher level then they were and delegated just a few turns and got it. Pretty simple.

I tried to use train to make all 4 of my guardians higher leveled than my lord and it doesn't seem to be working.

I think it has more to do with KOs in battle or something. I've been delegating forever now, done a few defends and am getting nothing. A few of the characters keep getting strategist offers every time after I defend. This sucks I don't want to start a new game.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just got the scene to pop up immediately after defending the same fief 4 times playing as a different general each time. idk if it was just a coincidence but the four generals i used became the 4 in the cutscene and i guess it kinda makes sense as they were "guarding" the fief. just thought id throw that out there in case people are still having trouble with this achievement.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ok, so I was looking all over on how to get this achievement and everyone had good responses on how they did it, but never were specific enough. So, after about more than 30 hours of playing this game I finally figured the requirements.

4 Generals have to be used constantly: I used 3 MAIN CHARACTERS and 1 GENERIC CHARACTER. Its easy to remember the main characters, but its not requiered, you can use whoever you want.

Basically, once you have your 4 guys picked out, make sure to use them in all your fights (MAIN CHARACTERS can only be GENERALS, but Generic ones can be used as LTNT.s).

*IMPORTANT*: DO NOT USE YOUR LORD AT ALL.

It is just so much easier if you leave him out of the equation, so don't use him, at least not for the fighting.

So, just play the game all the way through untill you have one FIEF left to conquer. Make sure you dont capture the last clan's capital, as that makes you take over all of their territory automatically. Capitals usually have the Lord of that specific clan as the first GNRL.

Now that you have that last fief left, move your LTNT. character that you want to get the 4 guardians status to another fief and make him GNRL. Start delegating your generals.

*IMPORTANT*: MAKE SURE NONE OF YOUR GENERALS HAVE THE STRATEGIST STATUS. THIS VOIDS YOUR GENERAL TO GETTING THE 4 GUARDIANS STATUS. THIS IS WHY I COULD NOT GET IT THE TWO TIMES I TRIED THIS.

If you already made one of your picked out characters the strategist, simply get a new general and deligate him 10 or so times, and make him the general you control during defense battles. After defending with him 6 or so times, and deligating with him and the others a generous amount of times, you should be ready for the last step.

Ok, once you feel like these 4 guys have been obsessed over, just make an alliance (long is better if you can) and start skipping turns. I skipped my turn 7 times and then I got the cutscene for the long awaited 4 generals.

That should be it, watch the cutscene, do your own victory dance and save.

REMEMBER: YOUR LORD AND STRATEGIST DO NOT COUNT TOWARD THE 4 GUARDIANS ACHIEVEMENT. ANYONE ELSE IS FINE.

I hope this helps anyone who still just couldnt get this achievement.

Thank you so much for this, worked for me, took about 15 mins :)