Thinking of getting RDF

Strike xX

Hi, I'm thinking of picking up RFG at some point, so what can I look forward to in it. What would you guys give it as a rating.

Some other questions:

Free Roam right?

If so, how big is the map?

How are the missions/side missions

Also.. What is there to do.

Pretty much give me a description of the game in your opinion.

Thanks

Edited by Strike xX
I mean't RFG for the title.

the game is pretty good , mission are a bit repetitive (well side mission)

The map is big but some area that is showed on the map aren't accessible(which I find a bit stupid to show it on the map..(maybe dlc?)

RFG is a great game but if you aren't sure about it , rent it before just to try it and be you own judges

I buy it and I didn't regret it , even if you finish the game you can still do whatever you want in the map and there's also multiplayer that you can rely on to give an extended lifetime to the game :)

Hi, I'm thinking of picking up RFG at some point, so what can I look forward to in it. What would you guys give it as a rating.

Some other questions:

Free Roam right?

If so, how big is the map?

How are the missions/side missions

Also.. What is there to do.

Pretty much give me a description of the game in your opinion.

Thanks

Well first off, do you like to blow things up?

This is the main theme of Red Faction Guerilla, blow anything up(minus the terrain if you've played the first 2 Red Faction games). If it's built on the ground, it can come down.

This is a free-roaming game similar to others you might have played such as GTA and specifically Crackdown. More so, this game is Crackdown without superpowers and Mercenaries with more destruction with a dash of GTA-style missions.

The Map(game environment) is fairly large at first glance and while it can be a very linear game in terms of the plot if you aren't going for achievements, you'll feel yourself almost overburdened at times by how much there is to destroy and collect salvage(the games currency).

There are many types of different missions to do these range from the main missions to the side missions which consist of Rescuing hostages, Helping your allies kill the EDF(the bad guys), Taking out a convoy or stealing one of their vehicles, Stopping a courier and taking his information, and a few side missions that involve you causing as much destruction as possible with from a tank, an armored walker, or by being the gunner in a vehicle.

There are also fun side missions that require you to either take down a structure with the supplied tools in a certain amount of time or to drive a vehicle from point A to point B in a certain amount of time(I'm not a fan of these as they take away from the focus of the game *destruction* and rely heavily on the so-so driving mechanics of the game)

There are many goal oriented things to blow up in the game as well, ranging from a guard station to very important structures such as a massive bridge. Completing these goals will decrease the amount of control the EDF(earth defense force) has on a sector(which there are 5 of).

Salvage, as mentioned before, is the games currency with this you can purchase new weapons, upgrade old ones and also purchase backpacks later on in the game that add something new to traversing the terrain.

That pretty much sums up the single player aspect but there is also multiplayer. Since I haven't done much of the multiplayer myself I know that many others enjoy it very much.

If you have ever played Unreal Tournament, it plays much like that does since it uses the same game engine.

If you want to get used to some of the weapons(which are destruction oriented) that are available in single player try multiplayer and get used to the game before diving into the campaign.

Also, there is a demo out that you should be able to download on the 360 dashboard. While this demo doesn't do the game justice it will give you a feel for how the game plays out to some extent and give you a better understanding of what to expect.

The game isn't perfect but what game is, if you're looking for some fun pick this game up.

At least rent it first and go from there.

-MLW

i bought this game purely for multiplayer purposes, i love watching them Call of duty campers playing red faction, when will they ever learn that i can just blow a bloody hole thru the wall and kill them.. better yet, i just get the rhino pack and run thru the wall... far more entertaining.

and sorry, but tremor + hammertime never gets old...

hammer gets really old... they need to make it a 2 hit kill. because way too many kids depend on it for kills. whatever happened to accuracy at close range with guns?

If they made the hammer a 2-hit kill they mine as well just get rid of the hammer altogether because it will become pretty useless.

If they made the hammer a 2-hit kill they mine as well just get rid of the hammer altogether because it will become pretty useless.

i mean it needs to be a 2 hit kill in multiplayer. single player it could stay 1 hit kill. and its use would still be to destroy walls.

it is basically like a shotgun at close range that doesn't need to have perfect aim, and has a little bit of range.

I love this game Ive only done the first few missions of the campaign but i think the multiplayer is pretty much perfect as its a nice change from call of duty/Gears/halo and completely differnt the gameplay is basicly the same as mercenerys 2 but the map is a little bigger i would easily recomend a buy

First of all, I'd like to say I love the pistol. I never like the pistol in any game, but I think it's a bit overpowered. Other than that the shotgun, (not the enforcer one, the strong one) is my favorite weapon in the game, hands down. Depending on the match, you could literally go in and just power through.

I think the best combo is the Shotgun/Rhino. If you don't get them with the Rhino, you still get them with the CQB.

The game was a lot better than I thought it was gonna be, I rented it on a whim, and ended up keeping it cause if you get some good friends, I'd be on there for hours.

How can anyone not like this game? Blowing stuff up like that is tremendous amount of fun! So many different ways to bring the whole building down like nerver before! But that's just my opinion...

You mean, how can a MAN not like this game? It's the perfect playground for us. And hearing McHammer while playing online is soooo awesome, especially when you hit a guy at "Stop.....hammerBÄM!!!" xDXD

I really love the weapons and the backpacks. There are so many combinations. An I don't hate the hammer. It should stay 1 hit kill. If you don't wanna get hit, just don't get close jump at the right time, rhino them etc. It's really fun to get that freakin' sniper guy who killed half your team all the time on siege with the sledgehammer.

They should only get rid of the double kill (Both players kill each other at the same time) It happens too often with the hammer and also with normal weapons >.>

Yeah, the double kill is a bit overdone, it's almost like the kill from beyond the grave, but the amount of destruction is amazing.

Speaking of destruction, does anyone know if there is any way to completely topple those two "seemingly unfinished" structures in Eos? The ones by the construction site that some of the foundation seem to be indestructible? I even took Thermobaric rockets to those fucks....nothing. For being able to destroy "everything", the game kind of kills the fun there. lol

Yeah, the double kill is a bit overdone, it's almost like the kill from beyond the grave, but the amount of destruction is amazing.

Speaking of destruction, does anyone know if there is any way to completely topple those two "seemingly unfinished" structures in Eos? The ones by the construction site that some of the foundation seem to be indestructible? I even took Thermobaric rockets to those fucks....nothing. For being able to destroy "everything", the game kind of kills the fun there. lol

There's a crown shaped structure ontop of the building, if you take out the vertical supports of that with the nano rifle, the structure will fall and take down the whole building with it.

Use the Thermobaric Rockets to finish the job.

Ontopic:

The game overall is quite amazing. The range of weapons, missions and locations is well done on the single player. If you chase the achievements though, it can get very repetative and it might strain.

The multiplayer for me personally, I'm not a huge fan of. There's too many things that just don't seem to balance out well enough for me.

For me, I hate seeing a massive difference between single player and multiplayer.

I hate seeing games perfecting the single player and the multiplayer being half-hearted.

Call of Duty 4 seems to me, like the only game thats perfected both.

-SE