Scavenger census

BBDrew84

What is your go to sidearm and perk for Scavenger? Also what are your thoughts on the new gamemode?

I currently switch between the MP412 Rex and the 1911 Suppressed and I usually go with Sq. Ammo or Sq. Grenade for the extra stuff.

I am actually really liking Scavenger right now. I like that it puts everyone on the same playing field and I like the added Flags to Cap/Defend. I also like that most weapons have a Laser Sight, all in all the weapons seem to be set up well for the gamemode. My one gripe is picking up the Scoped Xbow, not the best weapon for that game mode if you ask me.

I've been having major problems joining servers running this game mode. When I try to connect it will stay on the joining server for around thirty seconds, then say joining failed. Wierd thing is though it can join rush and conquest games on aftermath maps no problem. I was able to connect to one scavenger server last night and get three wins done at least.

From what I played it seems much better than domination, mostly do the the much better maps and more flags. No more bombs being placed all over the flags is nice too

Edited by Merch

I've been having major problems joining servers running this game mode. When I try to connect it will stay on the joining server for around thirty seconds, then say joining failed. Wierd thing is though it can join rush and conquest games on aftermath maps no problem. I was able to connect to one scavenger server last night and get three wins done at least.

Exact same problem.

I've been having major problems joining servers running this game mode.

Me two and this is what I think I figured out. Every Scavenger game I have joined only allows a maximum of 16 people. Severs that run Scavenger only I have no problems joining. Servers that have Scavenger and another gamemode, like Conquest for example, always fail on me. Maybe it has something to do with switching from 24 people to 16 when it changes gamemodes that causes people to fail. That is my theory anyways

The playercount doesn't change if you run two modes with different max players. It'll be locked to the max number of the mode with the smallest count.

If you run a server with Conquest and Domination the max players will be 16 for all maps, no matter what, because otherwise after the CQ maps are done the game would have to kick 8 players for the CQDOM game to start (or God knows what might happen if it tried that and made your console explode or something!) so it reduces the max players to 16 across the board. If you thought AK maps were boring with 24...

As for Scavenger. I really enjoy it. I love starting out with a lowly pistol and working my way onto bigger and better things. Also I love finding out the squad perks can still work to your favour. As we discovered the other night, Drew, I ran Sq. Frag for extra grenades and then discovered we also got a second magazine if we ran Sq. Ammo.

I'll definitely be a regular Scavenger player as it adds a new dimension to Conquest which I had been getting rather bored of.

Edited by Rapturous Rich

Sucks you guys are having connection issues. Sorry to hear.

I am really enjoying Scavenger. Tons of fun and chaos. If you can get a squad working together you can dominate this game. Great for playing alone too. Can hold your own without all the vehicles and gadgets.

I only had issues connecting the very first time I fired up the DLC looking specifically for Scavenger games. Kept not connecting. So I jumped into Conquest and the admins had tossed Scavenger into the mix and even came across our fellow x360a dude Shaftamus Prime on that same server I think. Hard to kill SOB he is :p. Since then haven't had any trouble at all looking for games now.

OT: Sup 443 and sprint. Assignments and hunting wabbits. (Interesting tidbit, "wabbits" does not come up as being misspelled ;))

Most games I've routed into my squads have had a pretty good mix of specializations going so I get to keep my sprint on most times :)

Edited by Opiate42

Just remembered my one complaint on this game mode. Original spawn drops are HORRIBLE!

Just about all but 1 game I got in had me surrounded by enemies upon spawning. An entire team.

Thats some awful bad luck there dood!

I've not had anything like that happen at all, the nearest I've had is two enemies spawning close to me, unfortunately for them with their backs to me..;)

That is crazy that the player cap is only 16; on PC the cap is 64(32 v 32) like every other mode so I don't see why they could not have just kept the normal cap.

I remember running in a group of about 8 people going to capture a flag and it was nuts. You know you have a high chance of survival and a cap is pretty much guaranteed.

That is crazy that the player cap is only 16; on PC the cap is 64(32 v 32) like every other mode so I don't see why they could not have just kept the normal cap.
You misunderstand, sir. The player cap for CQ and Scavenger is still 24 but the cap for Gun Master is 16. For some reason the servers can't accommodate this change in max players so if you run a server with GM the max count is set to 16 regardless of whether you are also running modes with a 24 player cap.

The maps in the PC version are larger too.. but i gotta say 64 players would be pretty nuts. A buddy of mine played a ton of BF2 on the pc, seen some vids that were pretty wild.. especially the flying ones.
Indeed. Are you familiar with Noshahr Canals? Okay so 2 Little Birds and a Z11 can be hectic (especially if you're in the Z11 and thus outnumbered) but imagine on PC they also get jets and attack choppers too. I mean. Dafuq? It makes our version of Canals look like a petting zoo in comparison :( haha

Indeed. Are you familiar with Noshahr Canals? Okay so 2 Little Birds and a Z11 can be hectic (especially if you're in the Z11 and thus outnumbered) but imagine on PC they also get jets and attack choppers too. I mean. Dafuq? It makes our version of Canals look like a petting zoo in comparison :( haha

So true. PC is just pure and utter chaos..and I LOVE IT!!!

Wish my PC could handle it

I'll be getting Battlefield 4 on PC. I'm not making the console mistake again.

OT: Scavenger is growing on me. It's good for getting misc ribbons (handgun, knife, PDW) with weapons I don't use on a regular basis. My own problem is with the Sniper Rifles. The red dot sight on them seems off. Maybe it's just me sucking with them in Close Quarters.

Gun Master, Team Deathmatch. Basically all modes without flags. In my book BF is the founder of flag conquest multiplayer while call of duty is the king of team deathmatch. But that's just my point of view.
Gun Master/Gun Game is not a Call of Duty mode. It started with Counter-Strike and TDM is a staple of the FPS genre. You give COD way too much credit :p Edited by Rapturous Rich

Gun Master/Gun Game is not a Call of Duty mode. It started with Counter-Strike and TDM is a staple of the FPS genre. You give COD way too much credit :p

True, but I never played Counter-Strike since I don't have a pc capable of gaming (xbla version is not for me) and for me the most enjoyable team deathmatch game was World at War. I never played much online apart from World at War, BF:BC2 and BF3. And even with those games I never spent more then 250 hours a game.

What is your go to sidearm and perk for Scavenger? Also what are your thoughts on the new gamemode?

I currently switch between the MP412 Rex and the 1911 Suppressed and I usually go with Sq. Ammo or Sq. Grenade for the extra stuff.

I am actually really liking Scavenger right now. I like that it puts everyone on the same playing field and I like the added Flags to Cap/Defend. I also like that most weapons have a Laser Sight, all in all the weapons seem to be set up well for the gamemode. My one gripe is picking up the Scoped Xbow, not the best weapon for that game mode if you ask me.

I like the new game mode as well, Getting lots of pistol kills, so its ideal for me trying to get the master dogtags for the sidearms....I do pick up the other weapons, but only use them when I'm out of ammo for my sidearm.

I use the M1911 untill I get that master dogtag.