Is this game any good?

gmorra

Hey Gmorra,

In my opinion, the game does not merit a purchase. The game plays out like a Sci-Fi channel original movie...i.e Turok on a severely low budget. There really isn't a lot to expect out of this game. The story was cliche' and sub-par at best with a canyon of plot holes at the end, graphics were last gen, and the voice acting was terrible.

The story was insanely short with a complete play through on normal completed n 3 hours or less; a subsequent play through on hard being significantly shorter with your 1 shot kill plasma rifle.

All that aside however, if you go into the game expecting no grandeur, then you might get the same enjoyment out of it as if you would watch a cheesy movie with your friends...or simply if you enjoy killing dinosaurs. Even with the latter the dinosaur variation excluding bosses is around six or seven different skins eliminating that resale value. You can blatantly see how this game tries to be Turok (ex: exploding crossbow instead of longbow, mohawk NPC, etc.) but slips in dino dung throughout the journey.

As for the achievement value, it is a very easy 1k, but after you have those points on your card I see no reason to want to hold on to this game. The game does offer a defend the base/horde mode where waves upon waves of dinosaurs attack a fort which you have to defend by any means necessary. I tried it and made it to wave 7 on my first and only try, with the number 1 person on the leader-board achieving wave 22.

With that being said, this is definitely worth a rental, not a purchase in my opinion. Hope my review helps you in your endeavor.

Cheers

Hey Gmorra,

In my opinion, the game does not merit a purchase. The game plays out like a Sci-Fi channel original movie...i.e Turok on a severely low budget. There really isn't a lot to expect out of this game. The story was cliche' and sub-par at best with a canyon of plot holes at the end, graphics were last gen, and the voice acting was terrible.

The story was insanely short with a complete play through on normal completed n 3 hours or less; a subsequent play through on hard being significantly shorter with your 1 shot kill plasma rifle.

All that aside however, if you go into the game expecting no grandeur, then you might get the same enjoyment out of it as if you would watch a cheesy movie with your friends...or simply if you enjoy killing dinosaurs. Even with the latter the dinosaur variation excluding bosses is around six or seven different skins eliminating that resale value. You can blatantly see how this game tries to be Turok (ex: exploding crossbow instead of longbow, mohawk NPC, etc.) but slips in dino dung throughout the journey.

As for the achievement value, it is a very easy 1k, but after you have those points on your card I see no reason to want to hold on to this game. The game does offer a defend the base/horde mode where waves upon waves of dinosaurs attack a fort which you have to defend by any means necessary. I tried it and made it to wave 7 on my first and only try, with the number 1 person on the leader-board achieving wave 22.

With that being said, this is definitely worth a rental, not a purchase in my opinion. Hope my review helps you in your endeavor.

Cheers

Thanks soo much, you have helped a lot!:drunk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...