Ever have this happen?

immortality20

Was playing CoD Ghosts on Xbox One and I went to restart the chapter but accidently lowered the difficulty. In a complete lack of game design, there is NO way to raise the difficulty back to normal. I'm about half way through so I can either play the 2nd half on easy or kiss 5-6 hours good bye and start again. So frustrating, and I haven't played since and that was a couple weeks ago. Anyone else have this happen? And yes, I do feel stupid, I chose the option so fast because I restarted a couple times trying to do something and didn't press down enough times in the menu.

Was playing CoD Ghosts on Xbox One and I went to restart the chapter but accidently lowered the difficulty. In a complete lack of game design, there is NO way to raise the difficulty back to normal. I'm about half way through so I can either play the 2nd half on easy or kiss 5-6 hours good bye and start again. So frustrating, and I haven't played since and that was a couple weeks ago. Anyone else have this happen? And yes, I do feel stupid, I chose the option so fast because I restarted a couple times trying to do something and didn't press down enough times in the menu.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/319641a2ce4b97794fd9e5cdc66f1613/tumblr_n0hkm6k8Gp1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

It's not a design flaw.

It's to stop people playing through on easy mode for a bit, then notching it up to earn achievements on harder difficulty.

And, I doubt it was an accident. You have to scroll down to difficulty, select it, change your current difficulty, select it, then confirm it. That's 5 buttons you've pressed accidently in that specific order?

It happened to me on Remember Me.

I started the game on the hardest difficulty, beat the game and only got the trophy for Easy. It turns out that the game went down to normal when I turned on the console the next day and resumed chapter 7.

I started over on hard and when I beat chapter 7 i got the normal trophy and when I beat 8 I got the hard trophy.

It was kind of dumb that it only gave me the easy trophy the first time around.

For your COD problem : Well very easy, select the mission and you should be fine. Or in any case half of a COD on easy should take what... 3H at most... lol , the game remember what you did on veteran so you won't have to replay those missions you already did anyway.

As for me personally doing that, i don't remember i did, but i remember once i got to take a shit with FEAR in the menu and when i came back, my save was erase, the game was starting again from the start... thanksfully i was not really far...

Never knew what happened...

It's not a design flaw.

It's to stop people playing through on easy mode for a bit, then notching it up to earn achievements on harder difficulty.

And, I doubt it was an accident. You have to scroll down to difficulty, select it, change your current difficulty, select it, then confirm it. That's 5 buttons you've pressed accidently in that specific order?

Why the hell would I lie about it? It's above mission restart, and I selected that a bunch of times, so I was doing it fast. Just like mission select it says "Are you sure you want to restart" OR "Are you sure you want to lower the difficulty?" so I read it too fast and selected yes, durrr. I said I felt STUPID doing it, but I'm not lying.

Edited by immortality20

For your COD problem : Well very easy, select the mission and you should be fine. Or in any case half of a COD on easy should take what... 3H at most... lol , the game remember what you did on veteran so you won't have to replay those missions you already did anyway.

As for me personally doing that, i don't remember i did, but i remember once i got to take a shit with FEAR in the menu and when i came back, my save was erase, the game was starting again from the start... thanksfully i was not really far...

Never knew what happened...

On mission select it shows the levels I beat on Normal (not even on vetran, that usually gets me too mad with grenade after grenade) but when I select my current level it auto goes back to easy. I really wish I could change it in menu. If they were worried about achievements, they could of done something so they seen how they changed the difficulty at end of level. I don't really want to play it on easy, BECAUSE it'd be so quick and easy, at least on normal I was having fun playing. Oh well, is what it is, certainly not the worst thing ever happened but very annoying.

Edited by immortality20

(Must--resist--urge--to--make--joke--about--CoD--fans)

I won't.

Your first problem was playing Call of Duty Ghosts. Your second problem was not posting this in the Call of Duty Ghosts area of the forums.

If you had a better game in your console this problem would have never happened.

The path to change the difficulty during a mission was designed to be idiot proof for even the slowest of COD fanboys, apparently they have to take it back to the drawing board.

In the long run it's all okay because CARR ERF DURRTY RULZZ!!

Oh cmon guys... i know COD is really milking the cow too much, and myself would prefer a more polish version every 2 years instead of 1 per year. Also i never pay for these over priced DLCs...

BUT its still one fun FPS to play online, probably the best FPS currently avalaible to consols. Personally i prefer it over Halo even tough i enjoy Halo on ocasions...

You know there is a seperate forum for xbox one, get out of our 360 fourm :p lol

On a main note, CoD has always recorded what difficulty you play each mission on and its never been an issue before to drop down and redo that one later. As said, just mission select and start that mission again on Vet.

It's not a design flaw.

What utter crap, all games can tell if you drop the difficulty for a bit and then turn it back up assuming they were not a bunch of lazy developers. It's done all the time in games that DO allow you to go back up and you won't get the higher difficulty cheevo, years ago maybe but they caught on fast.

I won't.

Your first problem was playing Call of Duty Ghosts. Your second problem was not posting this in the Call of Duty Ghosts area of the forums.

If you had a better game in your console this problem would have never happened.

The path to change the difficulty during a mission was designed to be idiot proof for even the slowest of COD fanboys, apparently they have to take it back to the drawing board.

In the long run it's all okay because CARR ERF DURRTY RULZZ!!

Are we really at the point where we judge people by the games we play? If you look at my profile you can tell I'm NOT a fanboy, I have close to 400 games played. Calling me slow and stupid is really not called for, so sorry for not being as cool as you.

Thanks for your replies, I tried mission reselect but it auto starts me back on easy. I'll just suck it up and restart. Didn't think I'd get the hate I did, but I guess I shouldn't of mentioned *gasp* CoD. Get over yourselves, we're all gamers.

Not on Call of duty but I accidentally deleted my profile and items once.

50+ game saves 1000's of hours gone.

Ahhh fun times.

Aw man, that must of sucked :(

I had my HDD crash when they did one of the first big dashboard updates (the one with the flashy intro and everything) so I also lost all my saves. Really sucks.

Edited by bplayak