Any tips for fort battle right after picking up the Auto-Shotgun by Spaceship?

Natifan

This is my second playthrough on Hard and I'm having a heck of a time with this battle. :(

I just beat Spike and got the Auto-Shotgun outside the spaceship. Its mainly red large raptors (deinonychus) that come and attack you but there is so many I can't keep up with repairing the windows and alot of times my shots hit the bottom of the window when trying to hit them outside the fort. Anyone have any tips or strategies for this part? I think I'm really close to the end and would like to at least get the 900/1000, thanks in advance for the help!!

EDIT: I mainly have been using the auto-shotgun and just standing by the ammo crate but eventually I get over run since one or two chomps from these guys and you're done!

EDIT2: NEVEMIND I JUST BEAT IT!!!! YESSSSSSS!!!!

My strategy for anyone else who is stuck here is to use the auto-shotty and focus on repairing the windows after killing the dinos at that window. After that run to the next set of windows and kill all the dinos and fix those windows. Rinse and repeat. Remember to keep a close eye on your ammo count and run to the ammo box when needed. If things get hairy activate your adrenaline boost, but use as a last resort to not get hit.

Edited by Natifan

• 3 months later...

The other 3 pieces of advise for these segments are:

(1) Run in a circular fashion from window to window. If there are no dinos at the next window, move on to the next one quickly using the sprint.

(2) Increase the aim sensitivity to about 6 or 7. The game starts you off at 3 and it feels like moving through molasses.

(3) Use the adrenaline rush to slow things down to minimize damage to the windows and kill the dinos quickly.

• 1 year later...

Easiest way to beat this fortification stage is stand by the ammo crate, throw one nade at the right window, throw one at the middle, throw one at the left, another at the middle, another at the left, ammo up, repeat.

A couple might get through near the end, so just let them lunge, adrenaline, and auto shotty to the head. Alternatively, you could whip out the RPG and alternate with nades. Haven't tried this method personally, and don't like the weapon taking up half my right side of the screen, but you could use the RPG reload/grenade throw trick to push out extra asplosions. Just make sure to swap out to a shotty or rifle if they get through.

• 2 months later...

Easiest way on that particular fortification spot is to back up all the way to the cave entrance where you came into the area and pick them of with the plasma rifle. Don't get scope locked onto them though; keep your awareness of the whole area. This funnels anything coming at you into one shooting range that works to your advantage. They have to charge down the bottle neck from a distance giving you time to kill then at will from down range.

• 2 years later...
Easiest way to beat this fortification stage is stand by the ammo crate, throw one nade at the right window, throw one at the middle, throw one at the left, another at the middle, another at the left, ammo up, repeat.

A couple might get through near the end, so just let them lunge, adrenaline, and auto shotty to the head. Alternatively, you could whip out the RPG and alternate with nades. Haven't tried this method personally, and don't like the weapon taking up half my right side of the screen, but you could use the RPG reload/grenade throw trick to push out extra asplosions. Just make sure to swap out to a shotty or rifle if they get through.

THIS

I was stuck on this section for 2 hours and finally looked up this thread and this solution worked, first time.:eek: