Does this drum set connect double kick pedals?

SpongebobRoundpants

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/IED07-Premium-Rock-Band-Xbox-360/dp/B001E2OW1Q/ref=cm_rdp_product]Amazon.com: Ion IED07 Premium Rock Band Drum Kit for Xbox 360: Video Games[/ame]

I am wanting to buy this drum set but want to know if I can connect 2 kick pedals to this drum set. I can't find anywhere where it mentions this so I thought a lot of people would have this drum set in this forum.

You will need an expander kit for it.

http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/drum-rocker-double-kick-expansion-kit

That's not the only place to get one, so you may be able to shop around and get one cheaper. That pedal is just an exact match for the one that comes with the Ion so the kick weight and feel would balance. At one time the Rock Band brand universal drum pedal came with the switch too, for significantly less, but at the cost of unbalanced pedals.

I read this on gamestop.com.

ION's FAQ

Q: How can I use two kick drum pedals? Can I use two kick pedals with Rock Band and the Alesis DM5 sound module? A: For use with Rock Band, you can chain the accessory pedal to the original kick drum pedal, which then gets plugged into the controller module. Users adding a DM5 module will likely want to add a Kick Drum pad to their kit, along with a traditional kick drum pedal (which can be a single or double-pedal). The included pedal then becomes your hi-hat pedal.

So does that mean I need to buy that expander kit to hook up 2?

Q: How can I use two kick drum pedals? Can I use two kick pedals with Rock Band and the Alesis DM5 sound module? A: For use with Rock Band, you can chain the accessory pedal to the original kick drum pedal, which then gets plugged into the controller module. Users adding a DM5 module will likely want to add a Kick Drum pad to their kit, along with a traditional kick drum pedal (which can be a single or double-pedal). The included pedal then becomes your hi-hat pedal.

So does that mean I need to buy that expander kit to hook up 2?

Color coded for ease of explanation.

The blue portion is likely of no interest to you. It's if you want to use the kit as an electronic drum kit. It isn't required, but gives a better kick feel for drummers. You can ignore that part for now.

The red section is telling you in different words that you need to buy a second pedal and a two pedal switch to make it work. Usually these are packaged together, so it shouldn't take a lot of shopping.

There is another way to do it, but it is significantly more expensive, and I don't recommend it unless you are turning it into an electronic kit as well as a Rock Band controller.