Windows 8 Games on Sale

Foobnum

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is always free. You can play the first five levels for free, then it wants $4.99 to continue. Its kinda a hussle.

I am sure they only did this so the people who got the free version before the Xbox version was out, didn't get the game free like Fruit Ninja.

This is why I believe they made it an In-App Purchase.

I am sure they only did this so the people who got the free version before the Xbox version was out, didn't get the game free like Fruit Ninja.

This is why I believe they made it an In-App Purchase.

yes I am sure you are right, but they could have gone about it differently. Rocket riot was availabke for free initially. It was the full game and you could get achievements. This was a test version though kind of. Eventually they released an update that reverted that game.to trial mode. Forcing those free users to buy it, if they downloaded the update that is.

yes I am sure you are right, but they could have gone about it differently. Rocket riot was availabke for free initially. It was the full game and you could get achievements. This was a test version though kind of. Eventually they released an update that reverted that game.to trial mode. Forcing those free users to buy it, if they downloaded the update that is.

lol better not download that update then. On my WP (and Win8) I no longer update (rather manually) to save space and avoid potential damaging updates. I too got the hustle version of cut the rope, ended up buying it for the completion :)

Edited by StarsRPD

lol better not download that update then. On my WP I no longer update (rather manually) to save space and avoid potential damaging updates. I too got the hustle version of cut the rope, ended up buying it for the completion :)

yeah did you get the 200G outta rocket riot yet? that is all you can do in the free full game pre release version. DLC requires the update of doom.

yeah did you get the 200G outta rocket riot yet? that is all you can do in the free full game pre release version. DLC requires the update of doom.

lol @ "update of doom"...

Seriously, it's gotten to the point where I'm afraid to update games. I have like 5+ games needing to be updated but I'm afraid it's going to nerf my game(s) so I don't update them until I look into it first.

lol @ "update of doom"...

Seriously, it's gotten to the point where I'm afraid to update games. I have like 5+ games needing to be updated but I'm afraid it's going to nerf my game(s) so I don't update them until I look into it first.

For real? If you update Rocket Riot it reverts to a trial version? Glad I got the 200/200 rather quickly.

No I bought it and didn't try trial. :uzi: lesson learned and cut the rope wasn't the full game either. I guess the "preview completion" days are over. Edit: Guess it ain't that bad if I decide to get the DLC.

Edited by StarsRPD

No I bought it and didn't try trial. :uzi: lesson learned and cut the rope wasn't the full game either. I guess the "preview completion" days are over.

Yeah haha. Rocket Riot wont update to the trial version if you bought it. If that is what you guys thought I was saying. I meant only the free pre release version (which was actually the entire game with achievements active).

Anyways, yeah the updates can be wary. Gunstringer had a super cool money glitch when it first came out that allowed people to actually complete the game without spending 100 hours or $100. That is one I patch of doom I would not have wanted. The latest Gunstringer patch (patch of furtune) made the game completable for me as there was a glitch that prevented some people from being able to earn one achievement.

Oh well. I was just thinking about how much I should wait on updates. I just get so antsy then I see the number on the tile. And today when the new firmware came out for WP, I jumped on it. As soon as I clicked install I figured that was a prob a mistake and regretted it.

Glitch or not I got them both. Thanks for letting us know :D

Sweet thanks. I hate Gravity Guy only because I had it on my wp7 and it frustrated the smurf out of me.