Why hasn't Amazon shipped MW3 yet?

I can actually help with that. I think Amazon actually has dealings with local resellers nation wide and instead of shipping same day items directly from their own facilities, have the items shipped locally. I bought a game that didn't ship until ON release day and it got here some time in the afternoon. Just be patient. I too am waiting on my item to ship :). The savings I'll enjoy slightly make up for me having to miss the midnight launch for it. I got the Hardened Edition for $80 and free shipping :D.

Also, I think Amazon got a lot of fallout from publishers for shipping games early too many times a long time ago, so this may have something to do with the delay. I honestly don't think they're legally even allowed to ship the items before the release date anymore, tbh. So, while I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon/evening for my copy, atleast I know it's coming. You should expect roughly the same timeframe if you ordered same day shipping, as uses FedEx (atleast here) and if it's not business-related, usually takes lower priority and is delivered later in the day. That's been my experience, anyways.

I just checked now and it says "Shipping Soon" So hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

I for one hope you're right. I personally stopped using online sources for games etc.. far too many issues that can happen. Brick and mortar stores is where it is at baby. :D

I can actually help with that. I think Amazon actually has dealings with local resellers nation wide and instead of shipping same day items directly from their own facilities, have the items shipped locally. I bought a game that didn't ship until ON release day and it got here some time in the afternoon. Just be patient. I too am waiting on my item to ship :). The savings I'll enjoy slightly make up for me having to miss the midnight launch for it. I got the Hardened Edition for $80 and free shipping :D.

Also, I think Amazon got a lot of fallout from publishers for shipping games early too many times a long time ago, so this may have something to do with the delay. I honestly don't think they're legally even allowed to ship the items before the release date anymore, tbh. So, while I'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon/evening for my copy, atleast I know it's coming. You should expect roughly the same timeframe if you ordered same day shipping, as uses FedEx (atleast here) and if it's not business-related, usually takes lower priority and is delivered later in the day. That's been my experience, anyways.

Ah, awesome. There we go :D

The same thing happened to me when madden came out. It said shipping soon. I was pissed called amazon . The game was waiting for me at home. Didn't even show it shipped till that night. Have no fear guys. Amazon is reliable in my book. I have a backup plan just in case. Will pick up my special edition console in the am!!!! Good,luck everybody

Sounds like someone isn't getting MW3 tomorrow, i'm getting mine at the midnight release at Gamestop. I could never understand why you would order it online when you can get it before anyone else and get it at 12:01 am

Some people have to wake up early tomorrow morning to go to this thing called work. ;) Also, considering how many people are usually at the midnight releases, you are hardly getting the game before anyone else.

OT: I wouldn't worry about not getting the confirmation e-mail yet. Out of all the times I have ordered games from Amazon, they have only missed the release date delivery once.

I was debating attending the midnight launch, but I just can't justify spending $60 for what? 15 hours of game time? lol. I got the Hardened Edition for $80 on Amazon, so saving $20 is better than having it early. Plus, I don't have to waste gas and I can just stay in my PJs tomorrow, wait for the UPS man and play away :D

I ordered mine thru Gamestop.com cause they re-opened for Hardened Edition pre-order's on the 3rd of November so i jumped on. I haven't received any tracking number in my mail today but i did see that a charge has been made on my card. They also state that charges will happen when the game is shipped, unless they charged me and gonna ship tomorrow rather then today in which case i'll have it here hopefully by Wed.

Its Monday and its 7:00 at night. Why haven't they shipped it yet? Will I get it tommorow? I payed to get it on release date.

I forgot to pre-order the game at a store and had to do it online. I could only find it on costco.com. I got a confirmation that it shipped last night at 7pm.

I ordered the hardened edition in September, my copy is still miles away from my house, tbh I think i will be lucky if I get it tomorrow! First problem I have had with Amazon pre-orders only thing Im really pised of at is there communication it is frighting sent 3 emails and 1 reply! This was the generic reply to advise my item had been shipped and the was at 23.10 last night! :mad:

Sounds like someone isn't getting MW3 tomorrow, i'm getting mine at the midnight release at Gamestop. I could never understand why you would order it online when you can get it before anyone else and get it at 12:01 am

Not everyone has stores that do midnight releases. I live near two cities, not huge ones but neither has them. Birmingham would be the closest and seeing as i dont drive that would cost more getting there and back than the game. So no point.

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon and its already less than 2 hours away from my door step. Dunno what problem you're having. Of course I got release date shipping but that was free, along with 25 bucks off 12 months of XBL. I love you Amazon.

EDIT: Just got here, expect it soon for all you people who got it at Amazon.

EDIT2: Old Xbox's give a disc read error. Great.

Edited by TpYourHouse

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon and its already less than 2 hours away from my door step. Dunno what problem you're having. Of course I got release date shipping but that was free, along with 25 bucks off 12 months of XBL. I love you Amazon.

Yep. I didn't get an email from Amazon until late last night. I signed up for text notifications from them when your item ships, and at about 10:00pm I got the text that my hardened edition MW3 was on its way, complete with tracking number. Plus, that $25 off Live was a nice bonus.

Amazon is awesome, and even if I didn't have a life and a job and could attend these midnight releases, why bother? I don't need to be online at 12:01 playing a game that I will be playing off and on for the next 6 months anyway.

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon.co.uk (yep I am in Wales, UK). On Monday night I noticed on the status of my order it said "Shipping Soon". This morning when I got up it still said the same. About 11.30am it changed to say it is in Transport and about 100 miles away. Its now 6pm and I'm onto Amazon who have first said there is a delay and now I won't get it until tomorrow and now they have said I still might get it tonight.

Aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh