(Finally Finished) Favorites/Least Favorites?

Supernaut3

Alright so I enjoyed the game. I'll agree the ending was a bit lacking, but it didn't really bother me. But I was more curious about other peoples thoughts about several things through out the game.

What were your favorite/least favorite weapon/combos? Now I don't exactly mean what one did you use the most cause it was the most effective. But what was your favorite as far as esthetic or coolness factor. And/or your most used as well.

My favorites were probably the Crossbow & Wingstick. Though honestly I used the Crossbow very little in comparison to other weapons. And I probably could have use the Wingstick a bit more then I did. They were just a lot of fun to use.

My least favorite, I'm not sure really counts as it is the Sawed-Off Shotgun. Which I didn't find very useful. It did have a coolness factor but definately not effective.

What were your favorite/least favorite enemies? This one is maybe a bit more straight foreward. But you can again just give which you thought was the coolest, maybe not the most annoying or interesting to deal with.

I'll start with my least favorite for this one. Which were the Mutants, more specifically the Authority Mutants. They weren't all that difficult or anything really. Just the way they come out of no where, and charge you. And on Nightmare atleast can be a real pain in the but to deal with when there's more then 1 and in an open area. They seem to definately dodge a lot more on Nightmare. And the shotgun not being really effective against the Authority Mutants just made them worse. I use the Authority MG with the 2x Rounds, do a couple 3 Round Bursts then hit 'em with an Advanced Wingstick.

My favorite would probably be the Authority. They were generally easier really in a lot of cases, if you had the 2x Rounds. But something about fighting them just held more interest for me.

What were you favorite/least favorite locations?

My favorite location, though it's a hard choice I think was the Jackyl Canyon. Something about it just seemed kind of cool. Though really I felt that all the locations had a lot of personality.

EDIT: I'll also point out that though the Sewers weren't a favorite at all, something about them felt a little bit more Old School. Which was kind of cool at times.

My least favorite would probably be Dead City. Just something about the place put me on edge. Nothing in particular. It wasn't particularly difficult as far as areas go, it was more about the experience and being nervous.

What did you think of the Races & General Driving (Wastelands & Vehicle Combat) in the Campaign?

I generally hate driving games. This goes right up there with Halo's Warthog as far as enjoyment of driving though. I was quite surprised. I even enjoyed the Races (which I was quite surprised about myself), and variety of Races. And I definately enjoyed the whole feel of driving to and from missions as opposed to "Here's your Mission" BAM You're There!

Just looking to get some friendly (and specifically game friendly) conversation going (instead of ragging on it all the time). There's already a thread for the Mini-Games, but I'll just say... I Really Hated Five Finger Fillet. :p

Edited by Supernaut3

What were your favorite/least favorite weapon/combos? Now I don't exactly mean what one did you use the most cause it was the most effective. But what was your favorite as far as esthetic or coolness factor. And/or your most used as well.

Favorite was the combat shotgun, just because I love shotguns and it was awesome, lol.

Didn't really have a least favourite.

What were your favorite/least favorite enemies? This one is maybe a bit more straight foreward. But you can again just give which you thought was the coolest, maybe not the most annoying or interesting to deal with.

Favorite: Mutants

Least Favorite: Authority

Favorite: Jackyl Canyon (such an awesome place)

Least favorite: The few places I missed a card and couldn't go back for it -_- lol Honestly, I enjoyed every place.

What did you think of the Races & General Driving (Wastelands & Vehicle Combat) in the Campaign?

Overall I liked the races. I wasn't a huge fan of the rally races though. They were annoying to me. I think the driving in the game was great.

i enjoyed the pistol with the fat mammas, that was great. the authority rifle was fun too. of course, wingsticks are my hands down favorite.

i can't say i have a favorite enemy

easily the best part of the game for me was the first trip to dead city. it was freaky as hell, you could hear the big monster stomping around the road above you, catching glimpses of him. fighting the bigger mutant first & wondering if that was him, then finding out you're wrong. the place had a creepy atmosphere that wasn't matched in any other part of the game.

the racing was ok...though with the upgrades you get, they were pretty simple, with the exception of the rocket rally in the crater, that race was horrible.

My favorite combo was using electro bolts and then dropping an RC car while they are somewhat dazed. I used the pistol with the big mama bullets the most because it was instead death with a headshot. The sawedoff shotgun was OP with the scope you can use on the pistol.

My last favorite enemies were the ones in Dead City that were green and had a "club" as a hand. The most annoying enemies were the ones in the towers that shot at you while you were driving by, then I would turn around, hit a ramp and boost right at them. ;) I hated The Shrouded Clan enemies the most because they spammed grenades at me. :/

My favorite location was the wasteland while in the vehicle, not as the physical character running around. My favorite dungeon type location was the beginning ones, the ghost hideout and such. k

My least favorite locations were Dead City Central, I was constantly looking over my shoulder because I could hear a mutant nearby. The other location I hated were the sewers, they were repetative and lacked any momentum on doing all of the other sewers.

I'm not a big driving game person but, I enjoyed the races on Rage. Yes they were easy and the opponents were often lapped but it was fun to master drifting around curbs, switching between gas, brake, and turbo to blow by the competition.

The online multiplayer portion of driving was unexpected. I wish there were actual races like during the single player story. And when trying to level up it's somewhat fun when all my opponents just destroyed each other instead of go for the win. Up until they saw what I was doing and ganged up on me. >.< I've only played 6 matches but have won 5 out of those 6.

I have just finished the game for the second time. This time I finished it on Nightmare and got my Obsessive Compulsive achievement too. Just a few other wee bits and sods to clear up hopefully to get 1000.

My most used weapon was easily the shotgun. On my Normal playthrough I was rushing everything with the shotgun as I wasn't taking that much damage. On Nightmare playthrough my favourite weapon was the pistol with binoculour and fatboys. A very under rated weapon and one which you can stand from quite far off and take enemies out easily one at a time. For tougher enemies I used the Crossbow with Dynamite bolts.

If I could have an infinite weapon it would probably be the Crossbow with Dynamite Bolts. Brilliant weapon very affective and it was pretty funny when you seen and heard the enemy reaction when the realised they just got stuck with a dynamite arrow.

Worst - Mutants. Hated them on Nightmare as they just rushed every time and were very hard to deal with when there was a swarm around you. They were hard to hit at times with the shotgun as they jumped up and ducked quite a lot on Nightmare.

Favourite - Authority. Really cool looking organised enemy. Loved fighting them.

Loved the Jackal Canyon and Dead City. Thought these two locations were the best jaw droppingly good looking locations in the game. Loved the first time playing through Dead City and the way that they made the game so there was just wee glimpses of the huge monster walking about wrecking the place. Very well done.

The Jackal Canyon reminded me of the bad guys hideout in Polica Academy 2 lol.

Enjoyed the driving liked getting the jumps and the battles on the Wasteland. The last car in the game looked and drove brilliant. Wasn't overly fussed on the races and they felt more like a chor than a means of enjoyment. Didn't mind the races round the track but I absolutely hated the races where you had to be first to the big beams of light. Really detested those races especially.

Overall it was a very enjoyable game and for me has been the best game I have played this year. Loved it.

Really cool to see more people really enjoyed the Jackyl Canyon area. Dead City was definately a great area, and one of my favorites. It's listed as my Least Favorite purely cause everytime I had to go into Dead City I literally said "CRAP!" in my head.

I never tried the Sawed-Off with the Monicular, just didn't seem like it would really work. Even though I did notice you could use it with it. Sort of regret not giving it a shot at this point. I do have to agree that the Settler Pistol is very under-rated. Easily one of the more versatile weapons. Though... I never did try the 1 Ammo, can't remember the name of it but it sounded like it turned the Pistol into a Shotgun. Gonna have to try that out on the 2nd Playthrough. My most used weapons were easily the Combat Rifle or Authority Machine Gun and Combat Shotgun. The Poprocket Ammo made the Combat Shotgun a lot more versatile, atleast more so then most Shotguns in games. And it was more fun then it should be to shoot the Authority with the Pulse Shot.

Can't say I'm really surprised by anyone's favorite or least favorite Enemies so far. Though the Shrouded Clan was a bit surprising, accept for the Guys with the Mini-Guns. Really have to say the first time I ran into them I almost crapped my pants cause I wasn't expecting them. Had the same reaction at that spot in the Gearhead Vault where 2 come after you in the Offices.

As for the Racing, it did sort of start to feel like a Chor during the 2nd Half of the 2nd Disc. And the Rallies were easily my least favorite of all the Races. But the Wasteland driving remained fun throughout the game.

What were your favorite/least favorite weapon/combos? Now I don't exactly mean what one did you use the most cause it was the most effective. But what was your favorite as far as esthetic or coolness factor. And/or your most used as well:

Most favourite & used weapon was the COMBAT SHOTGUN. In the beginning I started to "melee only" the mutants to conserve ammo. The quick animation with this gun was quite useful. Since most of the bandits/mutants went down after 2-4 hits.

For guns blazing I call the Authority Pulse Cannon with BFG Rounds my baby!

I didn't use much the Crossbow, maybe like 2-3% of all the time I played.

What were your favorite/least favorite enemies? This one is maybe a bit more straight foreward. But you can again just give which you thought was the coolest, maybe not the most annoying or interesting to deal with:

For real!? There were no favourite enemies. They're all just annoying and I wanted to get rid of them fast. Most hated parts: When you get ambushed by those Kraken or even the bigger ones with their grenade launchers and you trie to focus on them you get overrun by these little mutants who kicking you from the left to the right just freaks me out.

Obviously the cities. Wellspring had such a nice warm atmosphere with all the locas in there. I enjoyed the time in there everytime I entered the city. Same goes for Subway Town although it was a lil bit colder there.

The winner for the least favourite locations goes to the POWER PLANT. Too many Russians cursing all the time. Now don't take this the wrong way. I have nothing against Russian but why do they always have to be the bad guys.

Well the Races were cool. Time Trials are easy breezy but the other one... Had some fun until "later on" it really started to piss me off. When I was trying to get to a point and some of my contestant had already captured it, like they got spawned right next to it. Other than that I quite enjoyed it.

What were your favorite/least favorite weapon/combos?

The combat shotgun was my favorite just cuz it was so satisfying when you got a headshot. Shotgun + pop rockets for the big baddies.

Least favorite: double barrel shotgun. Why couldn't they let me just shoot one barrel instead of having to shoot both? Reload time is so slow.

What were your favorite/least favorite enemies?

Favorite: regular mutants cuz I loved how hard they were to aim at. They kept leaping over stuff, wallrunning, hanging from pipes.

Least favorite: either Gearheads or Authority. Felt too much like CoD (which I love, but is not the reason I got Rage) in the way they took cover.

My favorite was also the Jackal Canyon. It was sad that it was so random and disconnected from the rest of the game, and one of the few locations where they didn't give you a side mission to return to that place.

Least favorite: power plant. For some reason that was the only mission where I was asking myself when it would end cuz it felt a bit long and the layout was meh.

I also dislike racing games, but the driving in the campaign was fine and fun most of the time. It provided a nice change of pace. I enjoyed all the races. Now driving in the multiplayer....that's sadly a whole different story...

The winner for the least favourite locations goes to the POWER PLANT. Too many Russians cursing all the time. Now don't take this the wrong way. I have nothing against Russian but why do they always have to be the bad guys.

Nothing against Russians, but the whole mix of ethnicities in the game totally confused me. I understand they wanted to add variety in the game, but it just didn't make logical sense to me.

I assumed we were somewhere in middle North America based on most of the accents. Then there's the random British dude. That's ok, cuz it's just one guy. But where did they get a whole gang of Russians from? Did the Russian mob come over right before the meteor? And what about the Jackals? Are they some long lost indigenous group that somehow got reawakened by the meteor? :confused:

/notarant;just confused

Pistol with Fatboys/mammas while using monocular. A whole lot better than the Sniper Rifle. Speaking of the SR, my least favorite.

The mutants. They wasted so many of my fatboys due to their speed and dodginess.

I didn't care for the Wasted Garage. The british accents combined with the f-word used every other word didn't compliment my ears.

I loved it. I stopped mid-way through the campaign to go race and get my rat rod completely decked out.

This game is my 3rd favorite game of all time. Portal 2 is right behind it.

Anything that's easy to miss in the beginning? not sure if i'll wanna go through a second time. i've got it on my blockbuster pass and im pretty sure im gonna need to swap it out in the semi near future. just wanna make sure im nice n' thorough the first and maybe only time through.

Anything that's easy to miss in the beginning? not sure if i'll wanna go through a second time. i've got it on my blockbuster pass and im pretty sure im gonna need to swap it out in the semi near future. just wanna make sure im nice n' thorough the first and maybe only time through.

Only thing you need to worry about is missing things in the Outrigger Settlement, Dead City, The Well & Authority Prison.

Nothing against Russians, but the whole mix of ethnicities in the game totally confused me. I understand they wanted to add variety in the game, but it just didn't make logical sense to me.

I assumed we were somewhere in middle North America based on most of the accents. Then there's the random British dude. That's ok, cuz it's just one guy. But where did they get a whole gang of Russians from? Did the Russian mob come over right before the meteor? And what about the Jackals? Are they some long lost indigenous group that somehow got reawakened by the meteor? :confused:

/notarant;just confused

Yeah exactly. Quite confusing huh. Maybe they just thought, "Hey let's simply put some Russians in the Power Plant haha!".

Also I'm not sure if have followed the story quite well, but what the F happened to Mayor Clayton & Redstone!? Aaaah too many plot holes.

FAVORITES: When I shoot a charging enemy he'll actually trip and smack into the wall. Gets me going every time.

The graphics were flawless.

Absolutely NO glitches and i played THREE playthroughs. Although i did find two ways to glitch under the map(crouch jump over stanley express counter).

The enemy variety was amazing.

The driving was the best driving expierience ive ever had, even compared to games like rally sport, and such that are ALL driving type games. (im sure that didnt make sense im just too tired to fix it.)

LEAST FAVORITES: I wish when you shot mutants up close with a shotgun they exploded into a gooey mess.

its really not gory, and i like gore.

They should have made the save games like deus ex. make autosaves all the time, but also give us a chance to save whenever we want. its a win-win for all players.

The amount of bullets it took to kill the enemys should have been reduces by one maybe two shots.

Yeah exactly. Quite confusing huh. Maybe they just thought, "Hey let's simply put some Russians in the Power Plant haha!".

Also I'm not sure if have followed the story quite well, but what the F happened to Mayor Clayton & Redstone!? Aaaah too many plot holes.

If you talk to the people around town after they "disappear" they tell you the Authority took them for "questioning". And I don't know if it was just a funny coincidence but the first mutant you see heading to assault the bridge is actually red (none of the mutants in the entire game are like this) and has some funny markings on his head.