One Giant Leap - Achievement Guide

hockbird 69

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1064/UPltNFI=.jpg One Giant Leap - 5 G

In Moon, become trapped in the Receiving Area and free yourself through resurrection in co-op.

First of all "resurrection" is just the process of someone bleeding out and respawning.

Now to be trapped in the receiving area, both of the excavators must trigger and succeed, blocking off both tunnels and cutting off access to the power.

Once at least one player is "trapped" in the recieving area, with a crawler, ALL other players must down themselves and bleed out.

Once all other players are dead, the player in the recieving room may kill the crawler and the other players will "resurrect" free you. (as you are no longer alone)

**The excavators blocking the tunnels is completely random. As long as the power is turned on an excavator might begin drilling a tunnel. You will know when this happens because a voice will play saying an excavator is drilling tunnel 6, etc.**

IMPORTANT:To Increase your chances of an excavator breaching the tunnels, just do not open the biodome. If the biodome is not open, it makes it less likely for an excavator to breach there, so you only have to wait for 2 breaches. If the box gets stuck in the biodome, just share the hacker to buy from a box spawn.

EDIT: Sorry I mixed up the details of this cheev. Just reverse what I said and you will get it. (Person in receiving room gets down and is resurrected to the teammate on the other half of the map)

Edited by hockbird 69

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your not making any sense with the last part how would you be freed by everyone getting trapped with you do you even have the achievement or are you guessing because alot of people keep posting theory not fact I cant check your achievements from my ipod but just by the way your describing the cheevo it sounds wrong how would you be "freed"? Perhaps its the other way around where you down yourself while trapped an in the next round are literally freed from the receiving area through resurrection but idk.

Your not making any sense with the last part how would you be freed by everyone getting trapped with you do you even have the achievement or are you guessing because alot of people keep posting theory not fact I cant check your achievements from my ipod but just by the way your describing the cheevo it sounds wrong how would you be "freed"? Perhaps its the other way around where you down yourself while trapped an in the next round are literally freed from the receiving area through resurrection but idk.

Don't have the cheevo posted on my Gamertag, as my wireless adapter is broken, so I can't connect to xbox live to record it.

The part about being freed, is you are trapped alone, but once you get teammates with you, you are no longer trapped alone.

The way to get this achievement is by allowing the excavators to block off tunnels 6 and 11 then downing yourself in the recieving area bleeding out and having your teammate(who is not in the recieving area) begin the next round the best way to accomplish this is to turn the power on as soon as possible,by the second or third round, then proceed to the area where mule kick perk is located, after both excavators have decompressed the tunnels (6 and 11)whoever wants the achievement needs to let the astronaut teleport them back to the first room you teleport to on the moon from area 51(this might take a couple of tries) so in summary the round that the second tunnel (its random round an order)is going to be breached make sure to keep the astronaut alive (keep a grenade person getting achievement)and make a crawler then wait for confirmation that the tunnel has been decompressed let the astronaut headbut teleport you to the first room you recieve a space suit and helmet and then down yourself by holding the grenade, bleed out, now your teammate starts the round you are freed from the recieving area through resurrection and you are now 5g score richer.This can be done for everyone on the team at the same time (except of course the round starter)and should be done by round 12 if you start the power early on and you get lucky with the excavators.

Edited by X3RH0

Are there three excavators? So far in my game one breached the Biodome but neither of the two tunnels. Wtf?

Well after the biodome gets breached, in a few rounds the tunnels should start getting breached as well. I can't really figure out what round or in which order they are breached, they seem to be completely random...

This is starting to really piss me off. Seems to be that my group gets one about every 10 rounds. We have yet to get all three different diggers in one game, and we've gotten into the mid-twenties. Biodome, tunnel 11, tunnel 11 again. Or some other variation. I've gotten a breach prompt as early as round 3, or as late as round 10. Wtf, why is this so random? It makes getting Ground Control, and the easter egg difficult... in an annoying way. Is there no way to manipulate this?

In other maps we had to worry about getting something out of the box, now we need to worry about the Jug/Speed, box and this excavator thing!

playing with 4 people, trying to get teh hardest easter egg in the game and having all these factors work against you even when you are a god damn good player is crazy!

(I've wasted thousands upon thousands of point and got the M72 law NINE TIMES IN A ROW!) The excavators would only breach tunnel 11 even after getting to rounds 15+ more than once and the QED can mess you up too (but you can avoid that) just like the hacker because you have to choose between breathing or hackin.

All complaints aside, this is a fantastic map, just a very frustrating one. (Even for playing casually)

I managed to get this achievement completely by accident, we were doing the easter egg and after completing it, i got downed in the labs and died, the excavator was down in tunnel 11 but not six, yet when the next round started i got the achievement, which messes everyones theory up, because, 1 i was in the lab when i died and 2 only one tunnel was blocked off :/ so maybe only one has to be down?? and aslong as 1 is down and you die maybe you get it ???

playing with 4 people, trying to get the hardest easter egg in the game
What? You seriously think this one is harder than Shangri-la I think it's a lot easier because A doesn't require 4 people only and B the steps aren't as ridiculously stupid like the one with the flame zombie.

What? You seriously think this one is harder than Shangri-la I think it's a lot easier because A doesn't require 4 people only and B the steps aren't as ridiculously stupid like the one with the flame zombie.

This one is harder due to the fact that you need 3 weapons from the box and and excavator to breach tunnel 6, all of which are completely random.

Shang ri la was so freaking easy... only one gun from the box? Plus the napalm shows up like every 2-3 rounds... just don't need a stupid person on your team to run past it.

This is harder because you need 3 weapons from the box and depending when you start the soul sucking for the pyramid it could be harder in the later rounds.

I found an easier way and a totally different way to get this achievement.

I was playing with 4 people and we went to pack a punch. Me and one other guy went down and died in area 51. The other 2 went back to the moon. They finished the round and me and the other guy that died got this achievement after we spawned.

Edited by R Miller 69

I'm stilling confused about this achievement. I have had the excavators breach in one of the areas and I died. The others went back to Earth and finished the round and nothing popped for us. Does all the excavators have to down or just 6 or 11? I only need this and ground control, but still cant seem to get it going well enough for either of them

I found an easier way and a totally different way to get this achievement.

I was playing with 4 people and we went to pack a punch. Me and one other guy went down and died in area 51. The other 2 went back to the moon. They finished the round and me and the other guy that died got this achievement after we spawned.

I already got it (randomly)... but would it work in the beginning? Just have 3 guys nade themselves soon as the level starts and then one person hold off until they transport. Then finish the level by themselves (should be easy on the first level) and then everyone respawn?

@Toy Story: I think i played with you , we survived with my Wave Gun right?

If this is true ,you only need 2 ppl.

AREA 51:

One gets down ( bleeding out and dying ) and the other one tries to run around till the other teammate dies finally.

AFTER that the teammate who is running around in circles uses the teleport.

Now he has to finish round 1 and then the achievement should pop up for the teammate who died in Area 51.

Thats what i understand...i have to try it out.

If this doesn`t work , you have to do the same step but this time with the excavators blocking the spawn-area (Receiving Area)

Hope one of those steps works ,this would make it easier to do.

@Toy Story: I think i played with you , we survived with my Wave Gun right?

If this is true ,you only need 2 ppl.

AREA 51:

One gets down ( bleeding out and dying ) and the other one tries to run around till the other teammate dies finally.

AFTER that the teammate who is running around in circles uses the teleport.

Now he has to finish round 1 and then the achievement should pop up for the teammate who died in Area 51.

Thats what i understand...i have to try it out.

If this doesn`t work , you have to do the same step but this time with the excavators blocking the spawn-area (Receiving Area)

Hope one of those steps works ,this would make it easier to do.

that does not work on the first round. i think you need to go back later.