Official Bitching Thread

I just want to start off by saying as a long time Ghost Recon fan, I am extremely disappointed with this game:

1.) No lobbies for campaign or guerrilla mode

2.) Having to restart checkpoints if an alarm is triggered. (I am playing the game in 4 player co-op and have a friend that never listens nor pays attention and jumps the gun every single time.)

3.) The putrid MP - the hit detection is just piss poor.

4.) The camping in MP is just over the top. I thought SnD was a camp fest, HA - the camping in this game is off the chart. (I know this doesnt necessarily fall back on the game itself, but the devs should realize that putting certain things in MP will result in high amounts of camping).

5.) People not even trying to play the game in MP - I have played in at least 15 matches where at least 1-2 people from the other team go 0-0 with 20 assists because they flew the drone around all game. How is that even fun?? Boggles my mind

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.) No lobbies for campaign or guerrilla mode

Agreed.

2.) Having to restart checkpoints if an alarm is triggered. (I am playing the game in 4 player co-op and have a friend that never listens nor pays attention and jumps the gun every single time.)

Thats your friends fault, not the games in any way. Moan about your friend, not the game xD

3.) The putrid MP - the hit detection is just piss poor.

The servers are having huge issues with connecting region selective players. If the hit detection is of, jump out of the game and join another one.

4.) The camping in MP is just over the top.

Every game results in camping. This came is intended for camping. Which is why you have the tools to battle it. The best one of all, Hacking. Not only does it show where all the enemies are, but something that many don't realise, is it also forces them to spawn back at their home base. Otherwise, EMP, Smoke, Sensors, the game gives plenty of options.

5.) People not even trying to play the game in MP - I have played in at least 15 matches where at least 1-2 people from the other team go 0-0 with 20 assists because they flew the drone around all game. How is that even fun?? Boggles my mind

Yea, they suck >.>

Every game results in camping. This came is intended for camping. Which is why you have the tools to battle it. The best one of all, Hacking. Not only does it show where all the enemies are, but something that many don't realise, is it also forces them to spawn back at their home base. Otherwise, EMP, Smoke, Sensors, the game gives plenty of options. >.>

I agree with this. You do have all of the tools to combat it and if you're getting wrecked by the other team because you don't know where they are, your team isn't playing the game right. There definately are people who camp and are just playing for kills but they're the ones playing the game wrong, and when that happens I just switch to Engineer and play the UAV until the tide turns and they're forced out. Really, there should be one person on a team who is running UAV the entire match. The word camping needs to be redefined a bit for this game. Kill camping is one thing because it doesn't help the team. It actually doesn't help the person doing it either if leveling up is what they have in mind. Simple numbers: 75-150 points for killing an enemy and 500 points for reviving a downed teammate. The rewards for other team actions are just as high if not better from there.

Number one thing I have to complain about is the people in this game have to be the stupidest people I have ever played with, it's like they have never played a shooter or something. Like when objectives are getting taken nobody pays attention to it aside from me it seems. When I am data hacking they will shoot the person I am huddled over before I finish or if I am getting hacked they will just let the guy do it and act like they never saw him. One more thing is the friendly fire with their grenades, no matter how much teammates they kill with them they just keep chucking them towards friendly crowded areas hoping for a kill.

(ME) :uzi::confused: (TEAMMATES)

The list just goes on...

Why? Because there are no tanks or jets?

No... The Hit detection in this game is absolutely awful, probably some of the worst.

Not to mention the amount of retards who play this game, 80% of the players go for kills instead of actually helping the team with the objectives (Yeah you gotta kill to get the objective). Put please after you kill someone for the love of god help the team afterwards.

Edited by SweptbackFlame

No... The Hit detection in this game is absolutely awful, probably some of the worst.

Not to mention the amount of retards who play this game, 80% of the players go for kills instead of actually helping the team with the objectives (Yeah you gotta kill to get the objective). Put please after you kill someone for the love of god help the team afterwards.

I only ever have a problem with the detectoin in laggy games, otherwise its perfect for me.

And you can't blame the game for stupid people ;)

It doesn't even come close to being good like Battlefield...

It's seriously one of the worst Multiplayers I have ever seen...

I think its as good as or maybe even better MP if you have a good team. I cant decide whats better out of bf3 or this. Obv they are completely different.

Riflemen and engineer are fine but scouts hit detection was shit. It seems alot better today i went 30-9 in a match as scout and got 3 objectives.

Well, I play with a guy who uses a UAV throughout the entire match so I know what it is like to play with idiots. I will literally scream at him until my head hurts and he will still use a UAV. I find the hit detection is fine if you are in a match that is not laggy. :S

My biggest online "Tick" are allies who kill the enemy, as I'm hacking them. Absolute idiots.

That, and spawn campers. I played a game before where my team was spawn camping, told them they're all losers and left...it doesn't help anyone to spawn camp >.>

I can't count the amount of times the killcam has shown the enemy shooting where I used to be.

But still, I think the multiplayer is really fun. I don't have many problems with it. I just think a few weapons and equipment need to be adjusted. MP7 is a bit too good, same with that one shotgun I forget the name of. The stun gun should lose some range. I'm a little annoyed by it overall, holding me to the ground, getting me hacked, then killed all with one shot.

I can't count the amount of times the killcam has shown the enemy shooting where I used to be.

Thats because the kill cam shows you where you think you were. The client hosting it, however, obviously thought you were where-ever the enemy shot you.

I have only played the SP so far but my only complaint is the sync shot. It's annoying when i have 1 or 2 squad mates line up their shot and they say "fire when ready." I fire, the enemy goes down, a second later it tells me "dead body found" then my squad mates fire.

I've fixed this so that now only my 3 squad mates fire but i would like to be able to take some people down myself

Overall, this doesn't feel like a traditional GR game, but i am liking it, the characters in the squad have more personality and story to them, compared to previous GR games

I have only played the SP so far but my only complaint is the sync shot. It's annoying when i have 1 or 2 squad mates line up their shot and they say "fire when ready." I fire, the enemy goes down, a second later it tells me "dead body found" then my squad mates fire.

I've fixed this so that now only my 3 squad mates fire but i would like to be able to take some people down myself

Overall, this doesn't feel like a traditional GR game, but i am liking it, the characters in the squad have more personality and story to them, compared to previous GR games

You need to also mark the target that your going to be shooting, that way all three or four squad mates will fire at the same time.

Ahh, that's what i've been doing wrong. I've been tagging 3, then shooting the fourth. Cheers for clearing that up

No problem, also if after you have marked all 4 targets and you cant really get to the 4th target or don't feel like moving, just target another one and that team mate will switch targets.

Edited by Tha Mantis

I really liked the single player, graphics could've been a tad sharper, and cutscenes were horrible. Given the writing during the cutscenes was intended to show depth in the characters, this was a missed chance.

MP is rough mainly due to the region issues, the game really needs a region specific patch thingy. Campers arent really an issue with the massive amounts of cover and alternate routes in the maps. It looks like they knew people would camp and I've yet to find a single choke point, outside of spawn exits.

[...]It looks like they knew people would camp[...]

It is designed for camping, which I think makes it better than most other shooters. When there are campers in CoD, for example, there is nothing you can do about it. In this game, because it is designed for it, they give us all the tools to combat it. EMPs, UAVs, Sensors, and my personal favourite, hacking.