Crysis 2 vs. Crysis 3 - CAMPAIGN

GeneralGranko

WHICH CAMPAIGN IS BETTER?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH CAMPAIGN IS BETTER?

• Crysis 2
    • Crysis 3

What he said :p

I've yet to complete Crysis 3's campaign, but I saw the guide and it's only 7 missions. That's less than half of Crysis 2's campaign, which is 19 missions. Well, I guess the multiplayer makes up for it.

Crysis 3 missions are longer and bigger than Crysis 2´s, but still Crysis 2 is longer, while Crysis 3 is long like 5 hours, Crysis 2 is about 7-10 hours.

Crysis 2 is a much better campaign compared to 3. But the one thing that I can't get around is at the start of 2 profit kills his self and passes the suit on to a crippled Marine. But here in 3 it's like none of that ever happened. everyone keeps referring to him as if he still is the original profit.

I said Crysis 2, not because of the length, but actually because of the game.

I feel like the graphics were wasted on dark rainy maps, as well as cave system, when there was a lot of outdoor potential that would have been much more beautiful. The story itself was not anywhere near up to par to Crysis 2 either.

Even the collectibles and achievements were a lot less inspired.

Crysis 3 missions are longer and bigger than Crysis 2´s, but still Crysis 2 is longer, while Crysis 3 is long like 5 hours, Crysis 2 is about 7-10 hours.

I've been driving around in a Rocket Buggy for an hour, kind of hard to enjoy murdering Ceph in my Nanosuit if I am in a Buggy. :p

If I wanted to run over aliens with a car, I'd play Call o- I mean Halo 4 :)

Crysis 2 is a much better campaign compared to 3. But the one thing that I can't get around is at the start of 2 profit kills his self and passes the suit on to a crippled Marine. But here in 3 it's like none of that ever happened. everyone keeps referring to him as if he still is the original profit.
You play as Prophet in Crysis 3 instead of Alcatraz in Prophet's suit in Crysis 2 because [spoiler=crysis]Prophet is actually part of the Suit by the time Crysis 2 happens, he "wakes up' as the suit midway through Crysis 2 and regains control of it after Alcatraz's mind is crippled and/or destroyed at the end of Crysis 2; In Crysis 3, you play as Prophet but Alcatraz's body is presumably in the suit.

I've been driving around in a Rocket Buggy for an hour, kind of hard to enjoy murdering Ceph in my Nanosuit if I am in a Buggy. :p

If I wanted to run over aliens with a car, I'd play Call o- I mean Halo 4 :)

You play as Prophet in Crysis 3 instead of Alcatraz in Prophet's suit in Crysis 2 because [spoiler=crysis]Prophet is actually part of the Suit by the time Crysis 2 happens, he "wakes up' as the suit midway through Crysis 2 and regains control of it after Alcatraz's mind is crippled and/or destroyed at the end of Crysis 2; In Crysis 3, you play as Prophet but Alcatraz's body is presumably in the suit.

Thank you for explaining that Prophet thing to us all, but still can you explain us the Crysis 3 SuperSoldier ending then?

I feel like the graphics were wasted on dark rainy maps, as well as cave system, when there was a lot of outdoor potential that would have been much more beautiful. The story itself was not anywhere near up to par to Crysis 2 either.

RIGHT! the levels are all either rainy, boring, dark, too futuristic or dull.

Crysis: 2 had great music, beautiful maps, and plenty of action.

Crysis: 3's remake of "Skyline" from Cry2 MP is horrible.. it's so dark and depressing. :( lol. I know that's what they are going for but still.

Anyone play Duke Nukem: Forever? lol.. the last level of Crysis: 3 reminds me of Duke Nukem haha..

I liked it better when Prophet didn't talk. ha

Also.. whatever happened to Nathan Gould, Tara Strickland & Col. Barclay ?

RIGHT! the levels are all either rainy, boring, dark, too futuristic or dull.

Crysis: 2 had great music, beautiful maps, and plenty of action.

Crysis: 3's remake of "Skyline" from Cry2 MP is horrible.. it's so dark and depressing. :( lol. I know that's what they are going for but still.

Anyone play Duke Nukem: Forever? lol.. the last level of Crysis: 3 reminds me of Duke Nukem haha..

I liked it better when Prophet didn't talk. ha

Also.. whatever happened to Nathan Gould, Tara Strickland & Col. Barclay ?

They are most probably dead or alive but just didn´t have a role in C3, why? Crysis is set in 2019, Crysis 2 is 2023 but Crysis 3?...2047

I liked the mood of crysis 2 there was alot of emphasis on the story and an intertwining plot, a few twists here and there that were really fun. While Crysis 3 looks amazing every level seems like demo level they're all very short, I played on vet first time around and took my time and I clocked just under 7 1/2 hours. Kinda sad really I'm not sure how long Crysis 2 took me but I know it took longer. I just wanted a bit more from the story this seemed a little too neat for me. Plus in Crysis 2 you got the feeling you were really in different areas of NYC in 3 you legit seem to be right next to where you need to go all the time, which is fine I just wish there was another 3-5 hrs of game play.

Thank you for explaining that Prophet thing to us all, but still can you explain us the Crysis 3 SuperSoldier ending then?

Supersoldier ending?

[spoiler=sspro]Is it the one where Prophet wakes up outside his suit? I got that one on Normal Difficulty.

Unless that is just the normal ending, in which case I will enjoy the Supersoldier ending in spoiler tags because I have virtually no incentive to play it on that difficulty :)

Give your opinion! I´m really interested in what people think about this.

For me - it´s Crysis 2, it was much more epic and I would say about two times longer then C3.

Basically my answer. Much more epic. When comparing Crysis 3 to Crysis 2, Crysis 3 is a disappointment. It's better than Crysis, but I expected more after the previous game.

I feel Crysis 3's campaign is several hours too short and I wasn't as engaged in the story as with the second either. The idea of New York being a jungle is awesome but you really only saw it in the second and third levels. I do like the bow and it made the campaign in 3 for me but 2 was overall better in my opinion not least because it was fairly lengthy.

I'm only on the second mission of Crysis 3 and I'm already seriously disappointed. What were these developers thinking? I'm either in a virtual corridor shooter in the rain on the first level or running from random bombs in a jungle level that is nothing like New York City. It's kind of sad how bad this game is so far.