Achievement Guide and Road Map

Sporty Flea

With the siding achievements, you can get both sides within one playthrough, just save before the choices made and reload the saved game after the achievement is unlocked.

As for when to save *SPOILERS*:

Werewolves/Elves Arc

Save before (or is it after, I seem to have forgotten) speaking to Swiftrunner about meeting the spirit. Then make the choice to kill the elves or the werewolves to unlock either achievement. (Not sure if you need to choose the intimidate/persuade option to unlock it)

Sided/Defied Cult Arc

When confronting Kolgrim before the trial, agree to help him destroy the ashes in which he will hand over a vial of blood to you (Don't worry, you can still defy him when you reach the urn). Save before touching the urn, then you have the choice of taking some of the ashes or pouring blood into it which will unlock both achievements.

Destroy/Preserve Anvil Arc

Save after the fight with the 4 headed head or whatever it seemed to be. And you should be given the option to side with Branka (Preserve) or Cailidin(SP? Destroy). and either will unlock.

Bhelen/Harrowmont Arc

RIGHT after the Anvil arc you should be given an opportunity to save and then travel to Orzammar to choose one of them as a king.

Broken Circle Arc

After killing the sloth, you should enter a dialog with one of the mages (the name is a blur at the moment), choose to look around a bit more, save, then speak with him again. Killing/Imprisoning will side with the Templars, and freeing them will side with the Mages.

*END SPOILERS*

Hopefully that helped everyone and saves some time from another playthrough though the game probably needs more than one for the full 1000.

Edited by Genji
Added a missing step to the Cult Arc.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sided/Defied Cult Arc

Save before touching the urn, then you have the choice of taking some of the ashes or pouring blood into it which will unlock both achievements.

When i went to touch the urn the only options were to take some ashes or leave it alone. I think you need to not kill kolgrim? to get the blood or something.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1057/+mw4fg==.jpgRecruiter 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Across all playthroughs, recruited all party members

To get this you must recruit each party member, at least once, throughout all of your play throughs.

They are:

Alistar: Storyline related.

Morrigan: Storyline related.

Dog: Human noble recruits him in his origin story, the rest must complete the quest the “Mabari hound” and follow the dialog prompts to accept him to your party. These prompts however, happen after Ostagar, on your way to Lothering, when the dog joins your party.

Lelina: She is in the Lothering tavern, and will aid you in a bar fight, just follow the dialog to accecpt her to your party. She is missable if you pass Lothering without entering the tavern!

Sten: Also in Lothering, and also miss able. He is in a cage on your way out of town. Complete the quest “The Qunari Prisoner” and follow the dialog.

Shale: Is in the “Stone prisoner” DLC (*Note: you do not need shale to get this achievement). Once you download the DLC, follow the plotline and dialog, you will receive him.

Wynne: Is in the “Circle Tower”. You should avoid killing her, when given the option, follow the dialog to gain her as an ally.

Zevran: He will, eventually (storyline related), try to ambush and assassinate you. Once killing him and his group, you are given the option to spare his life, if you do, you may have him join your party.

and *spoiler*

Loghain: this is story related, you will know what to do :p

The first time i encountered Zevran i let him live. When i saw that made Morrigan and Allistair disapprove i loaded a save and chose to kill him. When i finished landsmeet and went against Allistair and recruited the final guy I still unlocked this achievement.

When i went to touch the urn the only options were to take some ashes or leave it alone. I think you need to not kill kolgrim? to get the blood or something.

Ahh I guess I forgot to miss a step that I had taken. I agreed to help Kolgrim in which he handed me a vial of blood to destroy the ashes with, it's then that you would be given the option to destroy it (Along with the option of taking some of the ashes).

For the Mercenary achievement there are a LOT more job boards. The Chantry Boards count, yes but so do the Mages Collegium quests. I got my Mercenary achievement from one so I know they count. I'm pretty sure the Blackthorn Irregulars quests and possibly the rogue quests from the bartender at the Gnawed Noble count too.

maybe add the xp glitch in there so that people know they dont have do 3 playthroughs for each class/ can get to level 25 before the game even really begins. If possible add the points in which you should save so that you can get all possible achievements in 1 playthrough except the ending and romance achieves. Although i have a thought about the ending achieve, i have seen 3 of them with one character by doing different saves, why this is interesting is i beat the game and had around 600 darkspawn kills. then the second time i beat the game (loaded earlier save) i got 1000 darkspawn kills in the battle of denerim. So the game has an alternate saving method like mass effect had where it tracks and saves stats. i still need to have allistar sacrifice himself. so when i do watch that ending i will inform of what happens, achieve or no.

To everyone else commenting about the different means to achieve 1000.

Yes, it is all going to be added, and ty for your comments, I have been working non stop on this guide, (on my second playthrough now), but this afternoon I have both work and school to attend to, and will be adding that tonight.

Have a nice afternoon everyone.

I dont know if this has been posted yet, but what about the Fallout trick?

Save before a crucial decision, make decision, acquire achievement.

Reload. Rinse and repeat. Although I suppose it would involve a bit of backtracking in some cases, but it could work, right?

it has been posted 3 times already, reading is a marvelous thing try it sometime instead of skimming thru the entire guide

Is it possible to elaborate more on how to get some of the achievements? I'm missing information on how to activate the DLC achs and would also like to know what you need to do for the secret achs.

Also I find it a bit confusing how to gain the specializations. What am I supposed to do to get them. Can you do them everywhere as long the companion is in your party, or do you only can get them at specific times in the game?

If anyone knows the answers please post them so Sporty Flea can add them to the guide.

Heavy Hitter 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Main character inflicted 250 damage with a single hit

One method:

Use the Berserker's "Final Blow" Skill after being buffed by Wynne's Heroic Offense spell.

I tried the method listed, and at level 17 as a warrior templar/beserker with a 2h, I only hit for around 140. What did you do to beef it up so much? Is it just a matter of having a lot of willpower?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1057/UPj3PqY=.jpgBlight-Queller 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpg

Killed 1000 darkspawn

*Note, even though it won't show it in your quest log, darkspawn kills carry over, from each playthrough, so you do not need to reach 1000 in a single playthrough, so you should get this somewhere earlyish in your second.

The best method (to complete this in one playthrough) to achieve this is to do every quest, travel as much as you can (hope you get ambushed), and explore as much as you can. You will kill a rough estimate of 200 darkspawn, in the final battle so make sure you are close to 700-800 before initiating the “Landsmeet”

I got this achievement on my first playthrough. I checked my codex and it says i've only killed 889 darkspawn. My guess is if your party wipes out and you have to load the last save the darkspawn you've killed before you died still go towards the final count.

I tried the method listed, and at level 17 as a warrior templar/beserker with a 2h, I only hit for around 140. What did you do to beef it up so much? Is it just a matter of having a lot of willpower?

Yeah, I put quite a few points into Willpower and after every level I would attempt it again. I had 46 strength and around 35 willpower when I got it. Wasn't even using a 2h, either. Aodh (1h axe, 9 base dmg, +1 fire, +4 elec with glyphs). Hit for 252 total.

Is it possible to elaborate more on how to get some of the achievements? I'm missing information on how to activate the DLC achs and would also like to know what you need to do for the secret achs.

Also I find it a bit confusing how to gain the specializations. What am I supposed to do to get them. Can you do them everywhere as long the companion is in your party, or do you only can get them at specific times in the game?

If anyone knows the answers please post them so Sporty Flea can add them to the guide.

1) I haven't posted about the DLC achievements yet. I have the information though, and if you read my post I said I was gone for the afternoon...

2) I will reread what I posted about specializations however, it seems like what you are asking about is the concept of them. The concept is described in the game manual, and I believe I posted a list of how to attain each one, just in case I didn't I will reread it...

I got this achievement on my first playthrough. I checked my codex and it says i've only killed 889 darkspawn. My guess is if your party wipes out and you have to load the last save the darkspawn you've killed before you died still go towards the final count.

That's possible.

There is quite a bit of information on that up on this forum, if you wished to compile it in a quide, I would gladly link it in this achievement guide, however, it's not something I will add directly into the guide itself, quite a lot of extra confusion could be added, due to that.

Well, most of the information in this thread is available in bits and pieces throughout the forum. If that is grounds for not including it in the guide, why make a guide at all?

A paragraph detailing how to reset/recover/repair those achievements is directly related to those achievements, which makes it guide worthy. This thread is where I came to look for the solution and didn't find it.

Well, most of the information in this thread is available in bits and pieces throughout the forum. If that is grounds for not including it in the guide, why make a guide at all?

A paragraph detailing how to reset/recover/repair those achievements is directly related to those achievements, which makes it guide worthy. This thread is where I came to look for the solution and didn't find it.

Because now that microsoft has fixed their mistake, the number of people interested in that information will decrease daily. I would have to add quite a bit extra, to explain the whole situation, and would add unnecessarily confusion to the road map, as I said, I would be more than happy to link to a thread that details the entire solution, legitimate solution fixed, because so far all I have seen are a lot of mixed reports coming from people, about what does and doesn't work.