Quick XP in horde mode! By yourself

SuperLiveMatt

Private horde - Insane, Super reload & 2 hard mutators.

I chose ClockTower & stayed in the smaller spawn (on the right side if your looking down) behind the first concrete wall.

Buy the short ground spikes & dummy.

Play through waves 1 & 2 (its vary quick), then die fast on the 3rd.

Press (Start wave from beginning) & repeat. When your bored of this quit out to the main menu & collect your XP.

(About 1610 xp points for those two waves). Cause of the 2X weekend

But doing this is fast and not as boring as 3-1 or 2-2 but will add up fast.

Edited by SuperLiveMatt

Add a second controller and you get ribbons!

You are correct. I tried this method first with 3 hard mutators, but it took too long. Was getting around 2000 xp per those 2 waves though.

Keep adding suggesting to improve on this method.

Not sure if it's worth it after the double xp is over but we'll see.

While others are taking advantage of "extreme" onyx'ing, I think this one is more my speed. I would rather not have the game suffer any ill effects from a failure to roll over onyx counts due to some ill managed counter.

Of course I will have my other controller in, as I am still in need of a couple hundred first bloods. This will do just fine for that as well.

Thanks again.

Yes you will. If you play Horde with a second controller, you will earn ribbons including First Blood. I do it every day.

xhunterrrr is exactly right! You must either play with a second controller or at least one other friend/player to get ribbons. You do NOT get ribbons if you play solo.

Also, if you do the "Restart from Beginning" method, you will get the "Founder" ribbon each time and "Point Man" ribbon each wave you finish, but you will only get ONE "First Blood" ribbon. The only way to get mulitple "First Blood" ribbons is to quit back out to the the main menu and restart you Horde session each time. You can only get ONE "First Blood" ribbon per session... even if you pick "Restart from the Beginning" (you do get a "Founder" ribbon each time though when starting from the beginning).

I can confirm for a fact that you get over 1000 XP if you finish at least the first wave. I was working on my "Founder" ribbons for the "Architect" medal, using this setup; Insane and three hard mutators on Checkout. I would buy the turret in the spawn that has two short stairs and using that turret to kill all the enemies (instead of Super Reload) since they just funnel themselves right down the stairs and into the front of the turret... EASY KILLS, Point Man and wave completed. I would do the "Restart from the beginning" three times, each time going back to the spawn point with the stairs to buy that turret in particular so that I could finish the wave easily, and then quit back out to the main menu. I would get close to 4000 XP each time, plus for every time I restarted the whole thing I would get an additional "First Blood" ribbon.

Lastly, as long as you have a second player or controller, YOU WILL GET RIBBONS... even if you don't see them pop-up. This has been a "glitch" in the game for some time. Sometimes the ribbons pop-up and sometimes they don't... but I ALWAYS get credit for them (AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A SECOND PLAYER/CONTROLLER). To reiterate... you can NOT get ribbons solo (stupid I know).

Edited by BrinkX

I did not leave my xbox on to extend the 2xp event.

Yesterday I played waves 1 & 2, with the ribbon points adding in, I was getting around 2,400xp after those 2 waves. (with second controller)

I played the same waves by myself (without second controller), and

only got 800xp for doing the same thing.

I did not leave my xbox on to extend the 2xp event.

Yesterday I played waves 1 & 2, with the ribbon points adding in, I was getting around 2,400xp after those 2 waves. (with second controller)

I played the same waves by myself (without second controller), and

only got 800xp for doing the same thing.

I had a second controller.