Easy way to boost 'Expert'

Eggnogga

Ok, like most of you I was using the method mentioned in the guide -- Sandbox, God Mode, set for 10 years. I have found a MUCH easier/quicker way.

Select 'Play' and 'Campaign' and re-do Mission 1. (I was finishing this before 1955) First, it asks you to create 2 farms, create 1 Corn farm (Use the land layout as to the best place to build it) & 1 Pineapple farm. Fast build the 2nd one. Also fast build a ranch nearby in the green. I'd also advise building a Marketplace near your palace.

If you have the ability to build plantations, I highly advise also building a Tobacco plantation in a green area. Fast build this. If you do not have the plantation option, just quick-build a Tobacco farm. Theres an area for an Iron Mine on the other side of the mostly green area, build one and fast build that as well.

The reason why I suggest fast building these, is if you go in the 'red', El Generalissimo will spot you $10,000 -- He will do this 2 or 3 times! After all that is built, next to your Palace build 2 Clinics, 1 for Preventitive & 1 for Obsterics. Hire 1 foreign expert for these. Build 1 Church and hire 3 foreign experts. DO NOT fast build the clinics or church!

Oddball miscellaneous tasks will show up, feel free to accept them. Just don't accept the one from El Generalissimo about fishing. Since we won't have any Fishing Wharves on our island.

After these begin to be built, you should have around 3-10,000 to play around with. At this point build a Pub, Restaurant, Childhood Museum, & a Cabaret. (We'll get to this reason why in a bit.)

After the 2 farms are built, the next part of the mission will ask you to have 4 priests, this will get checked off when the church is built and your 3 foreign experts arrive.

Once all that is complete, there should be back-to-back sections for having Healthcare happiness at 45, it generally is about 41-43 by the time I get this... I usually just visit the clinics to boost their "production" and it tends to hit 45 in a few months. You'll also have to get your overall happiness to 45, which isn't overly difficult. You can always boost this by doing the Edicts - Free Housing & Food For the People.

The next section is the trickier one. You'll have to build a Ministry and have all 5 slots filled. Since you don't care about going into debt, build the ministry and hire 4/5 slots. The General Defense slot should have a Tropican you can use to fill it.

Another request is to have Entertainment at 60 happiness. If you have your 4 entertainment buildings constructed, this should already be achieved. (This is why we built them wayyy back when)

Once those are achieved, it will ask you to build either 3 apartments or 2 tenements. Select "X" - 2 Tenements. If you have the extra coin, fast build both of them. Next up is getting food quality to 60, if you have the 2 farms, a ranch and the marketplace your food quality should be well over 60.

At this point a tornado ALWAYS seems to come. Ugh. It seems to always ask me to do elections around this time, do your normal election speech.. I usually always talk about the Environment, since they tend to hate me at this point.

Richard Nixon will then give you 100,000 to put in your Treasury, at this point you can rebuild what was destroyed by the tornado, and issue the Tax Cut edict to make sure you win the election. That's it. Easy-peezy.

I went into great depth, because I want everyone to be aware of what is going to come up. Like I said, when I first started this method I was finishing around 1957, and about 5 tries later I was getting finished before 1955 ever came around. This cuts the "God-Mode" method in half. Hit me up if you're having problems or have any questions.

Edited by Eggnogga

• 2 weeks later...

@ joe joe - If you like strategy and city building games this game is a must. The politcal satire in it is great and makes for a nice addition to the city building. Theres actually quiet a bit of depth to it. I believe there is a demo on the marketplace you could try out.

I was glad to see someone actually talking about Tropico on the forums here. This game has become one of my favorites (no surprise as I've played all of them) and I am really excited for Tropico Modern Times that comes out soon...

I just thought of this and had to ask. Do you get credit for the traits when you fail a mission? I wonder if you started a mission map and totally screwed it up fast, say like in just a couple years, if you would get credit for it. It might be easier to spend like crazy, go in debt and be invaded instead of trying to actually win the scenario. Just a thought. I'll give it a try later...

It might be easier to spend like crazy, go in debt and be invaded instead of trying to actually win the scenario. Just a thought. I'll give it a try later...
Honestly, you'd be better off trying the scenario I mention in this thread. The earliest I was able to finish the mission was May 1953, but once you get it down, you'll be done by 1954 everytime.

Honestly, you'd be better off trying the scenario I mention in this thread. The earliest I was able to finish the mission was May 1953, but once you get it down, you'll be done by 1954 everytime.

Agreed, although I'm usually finishing in 55-56, this shaves 4-5 years off every time. Plus having to actually do something is much better than just sitting there and staring at the screen while farming this incredibly grindy and boring achievement. Good job, Eggnogga

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can also add that you can pick "installed by CIA" and the other trait that adds either $2000 starting money or +$2000 annually to speed things up a lot. It allows to quick build and get priests and doctors right when it starts. I also issued the nuke edict right at the beginning each time. another trick is to issue the print money edict once your minister of economy arrives. My best finish was Nov 1952, and never finished past Oct 1953 - so thanks for the idea it worked great for me.

• 3 months later...
Ok, like most of you I was using the method mentioned in the guide -- Sandbox, God Mode, set for 10 years. I have found a MUCH easier/quicker way.

I was looking into this achievement and tried both your method and also the method explained in the achievement guide. Both are good methods, the one in the achievement guide however requires a lot less work, just waiting and clicking whenever a message pops up.

I wasn't really prepared to go through either of these methods for 51 missions to get this achievement though, but I had no other choice ... that is, until I tried out something different, and it worked perfectly, I had the achievement in less than 30 minutes.

Here is how I did it:

1. Start a sandbox mission in God mode

2. Check the traits you need the stars for and start the mission

3. As soon as the mission starts, press the start button to get to the pause menu

4. Click in the left stick and hold, click in the right stick and hold. After about 3 or 4 seconds of keeping both sticks pressed in a menu will appear.

5. Move down the list and click "El Pollo Diablo" and the current mission will end immediately and you will get the trait stars you had chosen

6. Repeat the same procedure until you have all BUT 1 to 3 stars

7. The last stars you have to do in a normal mission, and the achievement will pop once it is competed.

This method will save you many many hours. I am surprised something similar hasn't been mentioned here already.

Good luck

• 5 months later...
I was looking into this achievement and tried both your method and also the method explained in the achievement guide. Both are good methods, the one in the achievement guide however requires a lot less work, just waiting and clicking whenever a message pops up.

I wasn't really prepared to go through either of these methods for 51 missions to get this achievement though, but I had no other choice ... that is, until I tried out something different, and it worked perfectly, I had the achievement in less than 30 minutes.

Here is how I did it:

1. Start a sandbox mission in God mode

2. Check the traits you need the stars for and start the mission

3. As soon as the mission starts, press the start button to get to the pause menu

4. Click in the left stick and hold, click in the right stick and hold. After about 3 or 4 seconds of keeping both sticks pressed in a menu will appear.

5. Move down the list and click "El Pollo Diablo" and the current mission will end immediately and you will get the trait stars you had chosen

6. Repeat the same procedure until you have all BUT 1 to 3 stars

7. The last stars you have to do in a normal mission, and the achievement will pop once it is competed.

This method will save you many many hours. I am surprised something similar hasn't been mentioned here already.

Good luck

Nice find & thanks for the tips - gonna save me loads of time and/or grief. :)