is this any good?

batsman13 ateam

Ive played both the first and second game, but FC2 made me give up hope for the series

I loved the first one for the story and map editing, how good are those aspects in this one?

Ive heard a lot of good things about FC3, but after FC2 i felt forced to just ignore the series from then on, and i havent given this game a chance because of that

So anyone recomend this one to me?

I've never played the first Far Cry, and although I wouldn't say I didn't like Far Cry 2, I never finished it, which speaks for itself. I borrowed Far Cry 3 from a friend without much hope, but I have to say I played it until I completely finished its single mode. Maybe you could wait just a few months to see if it gets a discount, since it's already getting somewhat "old".

I definitely liked it better than Far Cry 2.

Yes. Play it.

Never played the first Far Cry.

I just beat the story in FC3 last night, there's two different endings and both are awesome. It was a riot and a very well done story. It's not every day you play a one-man-army-mass-murdering-shooter game with a soul. It was a pretty cool trip and left me with a bizarre feeling afterward I can't really describe.

http://images.smh.com.au/2011/07/22/2511036/PipBoyThumbsUp-420x0.jpg

Far Cry 2 was boring and buggy as hell. Never made it very far into it, may go back and try it again one day, but I doubt it, too many other games to catch up on.

• 2 months later...