Achievement Guide + Roadmap

Shelton

You can change it in your youtube options. Go to the video you want to put on this site. Click edit and then go to settings. Uncheck the embed option. Now it should work fine.

Why not just embed?

Thank you. I was considering posting videos of each track, with the Redbull simulator, to help with the expert achievement. In games and IRL, I steer well clear of manual gears, so to be able to see when to downshift and which gears to take through corners is hugely beneficial.

However, there are 19 tracks. The guide would be enormous if I embedded all the videos. I may be going overboard with this idea, will think it over.

you asked for clarification on "the big one". I was leading the drivers championship but I was only on 3 place in the constructors championship RedBull was leading the constructors championship and they offered me a contract and I got the award. hope this helps. :-)

Thanks.

This because "top team" is defined as in the top 3 in the constructors championship, so meeting your starting teams objective will also pop "Big One" if your team is top 3 at the end of the season. The way to make sure you get "Team Leader","Big One", and "Hot Property" all in the first season is:

- make sure you choose your toughest rival

- don't sign a new contract until after the last race

- win the drivers championship; this will guarantee you a minimum 3rd in the constructors even if your teammate gets no points, and giving "Big One"

- at the end of the season you are automatically number one on your team and get "Team Leader" even though you havent signed a contract yet

- now sign with one of the teams above you for "Hot Property" (you will always be offered at least one of these - whichever one your rival was with )

One thing I should mention; I don't know what would happen with "Hot Property" if you won every race and finished first in the constructors championship; there wouldn't be a team above you. It wasn't an issue for me as I only clinched over Hamilton in the last race, winning by 21 points.

That's what was throwing me off. What is defined as a championship leading team? Top three makes sense. Also, I thought it would need to be done in the following season, as the top teams can change throughout the season but are known at the end. What you are telling me, is finish top three in the Constructers Championship to be awarded "The Big One". Correct? Of course, if your team expects you to win the Championship and you finish third, it will not unlock.

Thanks again.:)

Logically, "Hot Property" in that scenario is not possible to unlock.

Edited by Shelton

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For One-Two I let my teammate pass me and win and the achievement didn't pop, so I'm pretty sure you have to be first place. Now I have to pay the fine for team orders :p

Don't worry if it was Teflonso as your team mate, it will be a fine only, but if it was Hamilton as your team mate. Well it could be a 5 gird drop, points taken off or a life time ban. Plus the fine.

As for the 1-2 finish I don't know. My first season Trulli never finish higher than 22nd, well once he managed 17th and thats because there was 7 DNF. My second season team mate is Vettel and he has only managed a 3rd. He mostly finishs 5th or 6th. Which is strange, as the real Vettel only finishs 5th or 6th if he is on pole. :biglaugh

For One-Two I let my teammate pass me and win and the achievement didn't pop, so I'm pretty sure you have to be first place. Now I have to pay the fine for team orders :p

Cheers for confirming, I will remove the coloured text. Your team-mate was faster than you. Can you confirm that you understood this message? lol. Paraphrased.

I have a question regarding the Crushing victory achievment: Do I need to beat him only during the race or also during qualifying?

Only during the race, as per the achievements description.

Don't worry if it was Teflonso as your team mate, it will be a fine only, but if it was Hamilton as your team mate. Well it could be a 5 gird drop, points taken off or a life time ban. Plus the fine.

As for the 1-2 finish I don't know. My first season Trulli never finish higher than 22nd, well once he managed 17th and thats because there was 7 DNF. My second season team mate is Vettel and he has only managed a 3rd. He mostly finishs 5th or 6th. Which is strange, as the real Vettel only finishs 5th or 6th if he is on pole. :biglaugh

Yeah, now I am regretting it because Button is driving like crap even though we have the best cars. He is mostly 7-10th and the only other time he got up to second he got a 10 second penalty so I still didn't get the achievement.

Why the hell did the team get rid of Hamilton instead of Button :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I've added the new expert method to the guide. Also, changed the "Nifty 50" guide. I've changed the overall time to fit with this. I however, need to confirm the amount of XP you can get, so if someone wants to help me out, I'd appreciate it. I will allow you to win against me for 30 minutes to an hour, to check how much XP can be gained using this method.

Contact me if interested.

Guide is pretty darn good IMO. Great strategy for World champion, I'll be starting on it 2marrow for sure. Do you know the exact amount of XP you get for completing certain tasks in MP? I've tried to figure it out but haven't had much luck as of yet.

Cheers.

Codemasters haven't been very forthcoming with information in regards to XP totals. I've asked on their official forums, but no response from their representatives. Nor has any player been able to answer with certainty. Mark, who came up with the boosting method (Nifty 50), said you could get 1000-1400 per race. I think you must get more for having less assists on, though it doesn't mention this in the instruction booklet, where the rest of the XP information comes from.

With regards to the XP totals, if you are using the method of 2 people and 10 legend AI then the winner gets ~1820 XP and 2nd gets ~1450 XP.

From testing this last week the only thing that affects XP is the AI difficulty, the higher it is the more XP you get. Simulation settings, assists & number of laps make no difference.

So the best way to get XP is 1 lap races with rules & collisions off, whatever assists you want and the shortest track, Canada (with shortcuts) or Brazil.

Doing a 19 race session like this takes about 50 minutes and taking turns to win gets both players ~31000 XP.

Using this method last Wednesday we got about 220,000 XP, then on Sunday it was closer to 300,000 XP.

With regards to the XP totals, if you are using the method of 2 people and 10 legend AI then the winner gets ~1820 XP and 2nd gets ~1450 XP.

From testing this last week the only thing that affects XP is the AI difficulty, the higher it is the more XP you get. Simulation settings, assists & number of laps make no difference.

So the best way to get XP is 1 lap races with rules & collisions off, whatever assists you want and the shortest track, Canada (with shortcuts) or Brazil.

Doing a 19 race session like this takes about 50 minutes and taking turns to win gets both players ~31000 XP.

Using this method last Wednesday we got about 220,000 XP, then on Sunday it was closer to 300,000 XP.

Thank you. Fixed the guide. Getting to level 50 doesn't seem so intimidating now. 35 hours is nothing compared to what we originally thought; 150 hours minimum...

I would say this guide is very close to complete. As always, if there are any mistakes, please point them out to me. Also, if anything is unclear, let me know.

Thanks to everyone who has assisted with the guide. I hope it helps. :drunk

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1389/49.jpg True racer25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Win a single player race with all driver aids switched off

My suggestion is to drive at Montreal, as it is a very short (and easy) track. Go to Grand Prix mode, turn all the assists off and change the distance to one lap. Difficulty on easy, flashback limit 4 and either Redbull, Mclaren or Ferrari as your team. Refer to "World Champion - Expert" for advice on driving without aids.

Just to confirm, the alternate method in "World Champion - Expert" DOES NOT work with this achievement, as I've tried, came pole possition with 1 lap on Istanbul and b4 I finished race I switched everything back won the race and didn't pop

Just to confirm, the alternate method in "World Champion - Expert" DOES NOT work with this achievement, as I've tried, came pole possition with 1 lap on Istanbul and b4 I finished race I switched everything back won the race and didn't pop

Well, if you follow what I wrote for the achievement, you'll unlock it. I didn't mean to imply that the expert trick would work for that achievement. What I meant was, look at the expert guide for tips on controlling the car without traction control, etc.

Edited by Shelton

Well, if you follow what I wrote for the achievement, you'll unlock it. I didn't mean to imply that the expert trick would work for that achievement. What I meant was, look at the expert guide for tips on controlling the car without traction control, etc.

Well I just thought I'd try it to make this a bit easier but obviously just can't be that easy :(

Edit:

For those struggling with True Racer achievement I found a set up from another forum which has helped me get the achievement and would like to share this set up. This was done on Montreal track 1 lap, use practise and qualifier to get used to set up. CREDIT GOES TO Nestroit FOR POSTING THE ORIGINAL SET UP.

Car

McLaren (1:26:180)

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 2

Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 49% - R 51%

Pressure: High

Brake Size: Small

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 50% - R 50%

Front Anti-roll Bar: 11

Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1

Rear Ride Height: 1

Front Spring Stiffness: 1

Rear Spring Stiffness: 7

Gearbox - Don't Change Anything Here!

Gear 1: xxx kph / xxx mph

Gear 2: xxx kph / xxx mph

Gear 3: xxx kph / xxx mph

Gear 4: xxx kph / xxx mph

Gear 5: xxx kph / xxx mph

Gear 6: xxx kph / xxx mph

Gear 7: xxx kph / xxx mph

Engine

Throttle map: Fast

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50

Camber rear: -3.50

Toe front: 0.15

Toe rear: 0.50

Edited by DarkMellow
Don't want to double post.

Races

*Finishing in the top 10.

*Completing a lap without incident (no crashes)

*Completing a lap

To set up a boosting match, go to multiplayer and create a session. Set it to private and invite your friend. You can change all of the simulation settings and alter the race distance. The quickest way to boost, is to set up a 19 race season (all at Montreal), one lap, ten legendary AI, collisions and flags off. Take turns winning, making sure to finish 1-2. Cut corners to make it easier. You should be able to get 30,000-31,000 XP per hour following this method.

You can check your total XP on the leaderboard.

So which online race mode is this? In custom GP I cannot find an option to add in additional AI cars and can only set it for me and one friend.

which online game mode enables AI cars with you?

So which online race mode is this? In custom GP I cannot find an option to add in additional AI cars and can only set it for me and one friend.

which online game mode enables AI cars with you?

It is custom GP. What you do, is select the "available slots" and the option to add AI cars will come up.

Do you have to restart from scratch a new career to do the expert glitch, or can you do that when starting 3rd or 4th year for example?

You do not need to restart.