Read this before collecting minikits in levels

The minikits can glitch on you like one of them did on me if you do this.

Play through a mission and save on one of the save points. You then collect a minikit after you saved. Then after you collect that one you quit out of that level before it finishes. You then decide to load the mission up again later from that save point. When you get to the minikit you picked up earlier after you saved it it won't be there. There will be a STUD instead. Also when you pause it it didn't count that minikit thats not there.

SOLUTION

After this has happened DO NOT FINISH THE LEVEL. I believe after you finish it you could be screwed and it would save the level with 9/10 minikits and you may never be able to get the last one. What I did was dashboard out, reload game, start a different mission and grab 1 stud in it, then save and quit(This got rid of the save on the glitched minikit), load up the mission that glitched on you using free play. Now once you get to that minikit it should be there now instead of a stud. :)

Now if that solution did not work I found another solution. The minikit is one of the last minikits in the level. Every time you do the solution above it doesn't work. Its always a stupid purple or blue stud. This happened to me on Taming Gollum in free play. The minikit in the cave at the end. It was always a blue stud ever time I exited out when I saw it, got 1 stud on a different level in story mode, saved and quit, loaded the glitched level up again, and collected all collectibles on the way to the glitched minikit.

SOLUTION

1. Exit that level thats glitched without saving.

2. Load up a different level in story mode, grab 1 stud, and save and quit.

3. Now load up the glitched minikit level in free play.

4. This time DO NOT collect any collectibles on your way to the glitched minikit. Also DO NOT save at all.

5. When you get to minikit that is always a purple or blue stud without collecting any other collectibles, it will be the minikit.

For some reason collecting anything else before you get to the glitched minikit makes it a stud.

If this happens to you with Treasure Items

If you quit out of the level after grabbing a couple treasures sometimes it will have the treasures in your inventory. But when you look at the level with the map it says you didn't collect them in that level.

SOLUTION

Dashboard out, load up game, and when you now look at the level with the map it will say you now have the treasure items. :)

Stuck at 99% or above?

If you are stuck at 99% or above and can't get the rest of the percentage due to one of the glitches then use these cheat codes. Credit goes to Stint01 for getting the codes from TT.

It is confirmed that these codes only work if you are at 99% or above.

W5EJVP

RYPWVD

Z5FKXM

EHEP4C

6MWEAX

Edited by SpongebobRoundpants

I've had this problem in Amon Hen, but never reloaded a saved checkpoint and always save and exit rather than just quitting a level. Seriously annoying though, given that without it you can't get the last mithril brick, which means that a whole bunch of end game achievements can't be obtained - all bricks, all mithril items, all characters (you only get the blacksmith after crafting all items) and the main one for 100% completion.

Had something similar to this happen on Amon Hen with the collectible treasures. After finishing the level I am listed as only having 1/3 treasures and when I try to recollect the treasures only a stud is there. I clearly have all three treasures from the level in my inventory but they didn't get counted.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. Just happened to me (the owl one on Tracking Hobbits) when I was a little over 80% complete. I love the LEGO games but wish they were made by someone else as Travellers Tales are shit. EVERY single lego game is glitched to hell and they have never released a single patch for any of them spanning over more than 5 years now.

It seems they don't play test their games at all. So far this one has

- completely frozen on me 4 times (cant even dashboard, had to reset)

- had players get stuck behind something (not always something there) or get stuckmin infinite loops (Legolas swinging round and round never being able to jump off)

- the ability to switch player (to either the other character in story or a choice in free play) stop working needing me to quit out of the level

- Catapult refused to fire until I dashboarded in Cirith Ungol level

- last minute camera shifts that ruin my jump

- AI getting stuck in an endless suicide loop needing a quit out of the level

Many of these features have been broken in all the other LEGO games but this is the most glitchy game of them all!

• 1 month later...

What if the glitched minikit is one that you know that you got? When I started up Dead Marshes I had 8/10. I got the minikit by shooting the target with Legolas right before you use the rope to swing during the Nazgul sneaking section. That was 9/10, but my minikit finder said the last one was right after that, shooting the target and then those moving ghost targets in the water. When I shot them, it was a purple stud. Now on a previous playthrough I know that I got that one already.

What are my options? I know I also have the mithril brick glitch on Amon Hen. With these two, will I still be able to complete it with the codes present?

Also is it possible in Dead Marshes that there is another minikit that I haven't gotten but my minikit detector is for whatever reason not recognizing? As I read the gamefaqs collection guide I think I remember getting all of the other ones. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Edit: Well false alarm. After rereading the minikit list I decided to try to check the very end area with the Oliphants to see if I missed the digging one. Sure enough it was there. Meaning that there is a glitch in the minikit detector extra that points to one that was already gotten.

Edited by Seraph Metatron

Super confused. My minkit finder seemed to work okay. as I had all minikits and treasures from all levels.

I completed the fetch quests and all the extra mithril bricks but somehow I still had over 20 to collect (really don't understand this) I've put the codes in and it's unlocked the relevent cheevos except collect all mithril bricks as the hub-amon hen brick you get by hitting the bugs hasn't registered.... and I've collected it multiple times now. I really don't want to have to play through the stroy again.

Sounds similar to the issue Lego Batman 2 had. The same preventative solution will probably work here: Do not use the mid-level save points.

This is what I plan on doing. I didn't use mid-level saves in Batman 2 and I had no problems whatsoever. I mean, how hard is it to complete a level in one sitting? Why do we even need mid-level saves? If they glitch our game, simple, don't use them!

I have this glitch in the Caradhras and Amon Hen levels, where the game says that i have 9/10 minikits although i have collected all ten. You wrote that after the glitch occurred you must not finish the level. If i did accedentally finish the levels, is there anything i can do? Or do i have to complete whole game again?

Anything I can do about the Amon Hen mithril brick not saving? The whack-a-mole one? I suspect that it will stop me getting many of the collectible achievements as I won't be able to forge the final mithril item and this will stop me getting the achievement for all mithril items, which will in turn stop me getting the achievement for completing all fetch quests and will also prevent me from unlocking the blacksmith and thus the achievement for unlocking all characters.

EDIT: nvm, I read another topic and it seems like I simply missed the brick below in the cave of Amon Hen because the map was not clearly labelling it (mislabelling it as the whack-a-mole!).

Edited by xLoCk 0nx

• 7 months later...

UGH!!! I was at 98.5% complete when I realized that THIS is likely why the Amon Hen section with Frodo using the ax wasn't working for me! All that work and time wasted! I am SO hating this game now because I remember how hard some of those things were for me to get. Like the timed events. The bad thing though... I know I'm OCD enough to play it again just to get the last three achievements I need and get 100% of the game. Sometimes I hate being me.

Edited by PropertyofWyatt
added to my thought

• 3 months later...

Had similar issue to #5 in last area of Track Hobbits. The minikit where the bear appears didn't register on the pause screen counter but the detector arrow was no longer there. However after getting last two kits and being at 9/10 on pause screen, I finished the level and when it built the minikit it completed it with all 10 pieces.

• 9 months later...

I know this is old, but I did not get the game until recently. I played it to the end and was collecting the bricks until I noticed the glitched one at Amon Hen. I killed all the bugs and it gave me a brick, but when I pushed start it was not there, so I looked up a solution and went to the cave on the beach and collected that brick, but yet again it was not there when I pressed start and I only needed one more to buy all items, yet I was locked out. Also my total was 234/250 and I had collected all bricks, including the amon Hen ones. I was at 99.2% when I got to this point. Another glitch was that stupid toy snake, but after completing the dead marsh level with the shake in hand, it finally showed up in my inventory, but I had to save and quit before the guy would take it. Frustrated with all this crap and the time I put in, I luckily stumbled across these code, but I only needed to enter the first and collect all bricks, craft all, and 100% all popped, so thank you for posting these codes and thank you Stint01 for emailing and getting us these code.

Edited by lotsanoisy69

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

It may be old but I'm glad I saw this thread - I had a minikit be picked up but not register on Amon Hen so was able to dashboard out and retry which made it count, and left me able to enjoy the game without any glitches. Well, except falling through the game world, getting stuck on the scenery, having to restart levels because prompts didn't appear, needing a code to get 100%, being unable to target objects, AI getting stuck in suicide or animation loops..........