*Spoilers* AC3: Serious History

daishichi

Or they could throw us a curveball and we play as Desmond's father, who was...

Mark David Chapman.

Hey, no one else would expect it.

I like the whole idea of playing Desmonds father. Considering he has bloodlines in being a assassin; (and being one himself). That and, we don't really know any of Desmond's backround minus the fact that hes a bartender and was born to a overprotective family on a indian reservation.

Ooh, sorry about that James, my cheeks are red. I don't think it's as bad as calling Europe a country though; obviously I meant, in the context of AC2, two very different settings for the next story. I should have said "Ancient Egypt" which is more a culture and time period than a geographical area, and was practically a different planet when compared to whatever the hell the Zulu were up to.

Just to make this post relevant to the thread:

While any individual time period might make a good setting, I think the key point I was trying to make is: We need one ancestor who will travel the whole world and reveal the vaults to Desmond.

I wasn't suggesting Elizabethan England because it's a favorite of mine; it's because you have guys like Francis Drake providing an opportunity to visit every continent. Take a look at his route:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg57/daishichi/Drakemap.jpg

Argentina, Mexico, Japan (Musashi!), India, South Africa...

And take a look at this drawing of Drake landing in California...does that teepee look like a familiar symbol to you?

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg57/daishichi/Drake_CA_1590.jpg

Add in Raleigh's travels to El Dorado and Virginia, and you got the whole globe covered. Elizabeth, Shakespeare, Mary Queen of Scots, etc are just great bonuses, adding some intrigue and familiar names.

Last thing: Some interesting / entertaining speculation here beyond the setting question...perhaps we'll find that Desmond did fail, and that we've been reliving his memories through a descendant 4000 years in the future when the next polar shift is threatening the world a third time.