Anyone else think that the online is you know...BROKEN?!

KriugerisLT

Seriously, I have been away from the DS community for almost a year now, and I can't even get a decent PvP anymore. Gankers everywhere, low lvl players with end game gear. Players in full havel flip around like naked ninjas. And that stupid Wrath of God miracle... You can't even get close to anyone without them spamming the shit out of it. Invaded a random player, and it took me 2 backstabs (+5 Lightning Estoc/w Hornet Ring) and one Greater Combustion to kill the bastard. He was wearing full Giant armor, and with the DWG ring flipping around like an oversized silver dildo. I asked for his lvl, and he was only 9 levels higher than me. What bullshit!

Had about ~30 invasions today (since I'm a Darkwraith, that's mandatory). And almost everyone was playing with the best gear, even though my SL is 52. Did I miss something or what? Or is it the bottomless box glitch to blame that I have been hearing about?

P.S. - Demon's Souls was wayyy better :/

Edited by KriugerisLT

Yeah, a lot of what is left of the Dark Souls invasion community seems to have taken the 'if you cant beat em, join em' perspective in terms of people simply being cheap/dodgy etc. Its a real shame as like you have said; i've only heard good things about Demon Souls' invasion system. I wish it would come to Games on Demand.

It won't. The IP belongs to Sony.

Still, backstabbing Twinks is awesome. Last night I managed to parry/riposte a guy thrashing around with a Dragon Greatsword. About 1 out of 3 fights that I get are decent or at least fair. Though fighting against 3 people is often easy, since they get too cocky and almost always end up swarmed by monsters. Easy backstabs during the confusion :]

I hope that AotA DLC will help bring balance back into the game. But sadly the damage has been already done by BB glitchers. New players can't even be in human form, since the black phantoms are ridiculously overpowered and they try to stay at 1-15 SL range just to grief low level players with no experience in this game.

Edited by KriugerisLT

I wouldn't say broken, maybe just overly eploited. In the new DLC there is supposedly a PvP dedicated area, so perhaps the large amount of cheap players will have new stalking ground.

Has anybody else ever gone ganker hunting? I made it my mission to defend friends who have started the game against people who have used the BB glitch and stalk Undead Burg and the like.

I wouldn't say broken, maybe just overly eploited. In the new DLC there is supposedly a PvP dedicated area, so perhaps the large amount of cheap players will have new stalking ground.

Has anybody else ever gone ganker hunting? I made it my mission to defend friends who have started the game against people who have used the BB glitch and stalk Undead Burg and the like.

I laughed my ass off yesterday when I invaded Anor Londo, and invaded a player with a co-op buddy, even their GT's were almost identical, like a clan from Call of Duty :D They were both wearing full Havel with Greatswords and DWG rings. I managed to lure them into the trophy room (shortcut from 2nd Anor Londo bonfire) where the Silver Knights managed to hold them off until I BS'ed the host. The first time I invaded them, I got stabbed almost immediately after spawning, so served them right to get some anal service from me and the monsters of Anor Londo. Afterwards I got a message that I was a coward, fag etc. random hate. :D That I didn't fight "fair". People like them make me cringe when they use the word "fair".

I've seen that alot, people claiming against fairplay. I was in an instance like the one you mentioned in Anor Londo but I was helping my buddy, we were invaded so I went looking for the player, we eventually all met on the roof and the host player (my friend, went away and waited) and I gestured to the invader to fight me on the clear open roof. He then proceeded to run away hiding for 15+minutes in the castle before he DC'd/ Imessage him asking why he said because we were cowards?

I get that there were 2 of us but I challenged him to a one on one where if he was victorious my friend would have let him heal then fight him again. That's how we roll, honourably.

The chamelion spell is also wonderful when you get attacked by multiple foes. I personally like to stalk my prey and sometimes run about without them noticing, trying to find a perfect moment to strike. It gives you an awesome feel of power, when you clutch a victory in a 3sv1 battle. Especially if you jump out of a vase and backstab the host :D I also sport a +9 Fire Avelyn (no slab) in my off-hand, so that my prey wouldn't even try to heal himself. Deals massive damage combined with Lightning Bolts.

The forest is also a very good spot to use chamelion. I got lots of hate for being a tree in PvP there, lol

Edited by KriugerisLT

In my honest opinion, I think Poise is also to blame. There's completely no reason to wear light armor, because you can wear heavy armor AND move freely with the help of Havel's ring and DWG Ring. I'm playing with light armor, and I almost never meet players that aren't wearing heavy tier armors. Since I have almost no Poise it sucks. I don't want to wear "mainstream" armors just because it has that damn stat. I like looking cool when I kill my foes B-) But I keep dying from Greatsword spams, because I get stun-locked... Sure, I can wear Wolf ring to balance the difference, but I need my Hornet's ring as a can opener against heavily armored foes.

Edited by KriugerisLT

In my honest opinion, I think Poise is also to blame. There's completely no reason to wear light armor, because you can wear heavy armor AND move freely with the help of Havel's ring and DWG Ring. I'm playing with light armor, and I almost never meet players that aren't wearing heavy tier armors. Since I have almost no Poise it sucks. I don't want to wear "mainstream" armors just because it has that damn stat. I like looking cool when I kill my foes B-) But I keep dying from Greatsword spams, because I get stun-locked... Sure, I can wear Wolf ring to balance the difference, but I need my Hornet's ring as a can opener against heavily armored foes.

Just wait until next month. With the massive nerf to the DWG ring, no one will be wearing mega heavy sets anymore. And if they do they'll have to put up with the "fat roll." :p

Apparently that's what they did in the PC version when the DLC hit there, so I'm assuming so.

This could be a great thing, if they balance it right it could shake up this games multiplayer scene massively. They do the same thing to Armored Core (which I'm a massive fan of) fairly regularly in order to maintain mutliplayer balance.

As brilliant as this game is, it really could do with a shake up. I remember before the 1.05 patch when pyromancy was crazy powerful and finding an online partner was akin to winning the lottery, the game just needs to keep refining itself to maintain its place as Dervius' favourite game of all time.

This could be a great thing, if they balance it right it could shake up this games multiplayer scene massively. They do the same thing to Armored Core (which I'm a massive fan of) fairly regularly in order to maintain mutliplayer balance.

As brilliant as this game is, it really could do with a shake up. I remember before the 1.05 patch when pyromancy was crazy powerful and finding an online partner was akin to winning the lottery, the game just needs to keep refining itself to maintain its place as Dervius' favourite game of all time.

We can only hope that the next Souls game will be more refined at launch, without so many exploits, glitches and online problems. Servers for online interactions would be great, because p2p connection sucks for games like this, where timing is crucial in PvP. Especially for parries, sometimes you just wave your shield around not expecting to parry your opponent, but you actually do and it's to late for Riposte.

This could be a great thing, if they balance it right it could shake up this games multiplayer scene massively.

Yeah. I really don't think that ring should have been in the game in the first place tbh. On my first char, I was wearing a full giants set and the DWGR and rolled around like a pr0 due to high endurance. Kinda silly I thought.

IMO, the only way to fix this game's pvp is to make darkmoon blades relevant. Since this covenant is supposed to punish overzealous invaders and griefers, its members should get some serious buffs (proportional to the severity of the sin) every time they invade as a spirit of vengeance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hornet's ring in my opinion shouldn't even exist in this game. It's hard enough to play against fully armored Darkwood Grain ring abusers, but when you get lagstabbed by one of them and immediately die from that while having full HP and at least ~1.6k total health, you know that it is complete bullshit.

Demon's Souls in terms of PvP was a lot more balanced, even though phantoms were able to use health items like moon grass. But things like Darkwood grain ring, Wrath of the Gods, Black Knight Greataxe swing speed and the Hornet's ring should be erased or fixed. Darkwood Grain Ring is probably my biggest complaint, since casting and hitting other players with spells is almost impossible when they're cartwheeling like a fucking romanian gymnast. And about the WotG spam: include a 5sec cooldown between each use and problem solved. I'm getting tired of this spam shit, especially when I invade a host with 2 phantoms and they all spam the shit out of it. Really a piss boiling issue if you ask me.

Edited by KriugerisLT

IMO, the only way to fix this game's pvp is to make darkmoon blades relevant. Since this covenant is supposed to punish overzealous invaders and griefers, its members should get some serious buffs (proportional to the severity of the sin) every time they invade as a spirit of vengeance.

Oh, I like that idea. I think that would be incredibly effective.

the dwgr is getting nerfed on consles when th dlc launches so havel and giant set users shouldnt be able to flip around anymore.

i never pvp though low level invaders with end gear get raped by me even with basic gear one new characters so thats not an issue really.

Since the patch, most of my invading went smoothly. Since I'm a mage character, without the DWG ring users, it's a lot easier to nail people to the wall with sorceries. Dark magic sorceries are a great addition into the game.

I'm loving the Pursuers spell <3 such an awesome trap for turtling players. So far, I'm enjoying the changes made by the patch, though I think Chester's set has too much DEF against "Strike" attacks, because Backstabs barely do any damage to me O_o