Dead Space 3 includes microtransactions

MyRifleIsBroken

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh at least they made it so we cant just buy the op stuff right from the get go. It would be a shame if people refused to buy it because of this though, support the game not the business practices within the game if you don't like them IE micro-transactions.

Unfortunately voting with your wallet is more powerful than voting at a congressional booth. I personally try to steer people away from not buying the game and instead just ignore the function. Unless all of the DLC they make is MTs, like ME3's DLC or what Gearbox has been doing with BL2, than I'm fine.

Visceral has been doing this for a while, the real definition of a Micro Transaction (Micro-payment) is an online purchase under $12. Translating it to gamer terms, this is any minor weapons pack/armor pack/skin pack, house, character involvement that they price. It's only a travesty if they withhold actual things we need or Day 1 DLC, much like many of ME2/ME3 Promotional crap. Although the stink with the Severed DLC is to be reminded of.

Unfortunately voting with your wallet is more powerful than voting at a congressional booth. I personally try to steer people away from not buying the game and instead just ignore the function. Unless all of the DLC they make is MTs, like ME3's DLC or what Gearbox has been doing with BL2, than I'm fine.

Although the stink with the Severed DLC is to be reminded of.

I agree with you though im confused on what was so bad about severed?

Besides that, there was a lot of talk about it being Day 1 crap, but it was mostly rumors and people bitching about locked doors they could unlock and find stuff.

Weren't those locked doors only openable if you had Dead Space Ignition?

I just recently purchased that before I made my final runs through Dead Space 2 in an attempt to complete the first two games before the third...

I remember seeing locked doors I couldn't access when I played Dead Space 2 the first couple times. I would imagine the PC version has these doors as well. The ones that only open if you played and beat Ignition...

I dunno, they probably meant other doors, but I have ignition. That was a brutal game.

Oh my first playthrough of Ignition, it wasn't too bad. I enjoy two of the three mini-games... The "tracer" one is freakin' annoying, silly, and stupid.

I'm hoping that those locked doors I couldn't open on my first two playthroughs of Dead Space 2 can now be opened and they have super awesome goodies inside. Those would freakin' help when I go to run Impossible or Hardcore or whatever mode it is.

I hope Dead Space 3 isn't nearly as hard as Dead Space 3 when you jack difficulty settings up.

Yeah once you completed Ignition, there were a few doors that you could open up afterwards. They mostly had nodes, ammo and money. Although the hacker suit was in one of them, near the end I think, it's been a while. The hacker suit looked pretty cool, not very powerful or special, but just looked all cobbled together from different pieces here and there.

It's just there as an option. I remember being able to buy a maxed out golfer in Tiger Woods. It was nice to be able to play like a pro and not have my guy only be able to drive the ball 150 yards. It was 200 ms points and I enjoyed the game so much more after getting it. So if they offer an easy way to get materials for weapons for $2-3 in Dead Space, I'll probably get it. It's my game and I like having options on how I can play it.

Definitely not getting this for a long time now.

Who cares if you can buy in game items for real currency. Is that really going to stop you from buying one of the most highly anticipated games this year. I'm going to just play it the way it comes with no extra goodies besides the pre order stuffs. Heres to hoping there is a Hardcore mode. ^_^

As other people have said, companies like EA are just testing the water to see what they can get away with BUT soon it will NOT be optional. Already posted: how in the Godfather game on 360, you have to pay with real money for the best magnum. There is no option for to use in game money. its already spread to other games

EA CEO John Riccitiello has some fucked up views on Gaming Microtransactions. He talked about "pay to reload" in battlefield in stockholder's meeting. I can see some gamers defending that

I like this in a sense as it's not really a bad idea and doesn't harm anyone as the game has no competitive mode, depending on the price I wouldn't mind starting my hardcore playthrough like a god. It's going to make up for the lack of skill from my co-op partner anyway, also if you don't like this idea it's simple don't buy it. You can still play the game in the main aspect it is meant to be played in, simple.

Who cares if you can buy in game items for real currency. Is that really going to stop you from buying one of the most highly anticipated games this year. I'm going to just play it the way it comes with no extra goodies besides the pre order stuffs. Heres to hoping there is a Hardcore mode. ^_^

Not for me:

Honestly, I wasn't going to get this for a while anyway. This just helps push that date further out.

As other people have said, companies like EA are just testing the water to see what they can get away with BUT soon it will NOT be optional. Already posted: how in the Godfather game on 360, you have to pay with real money for the best magnum. There is no option for to use in game money. its already spread to other games

EA CEO John Riccitiello has some fucked up views on Gaming Microtransactions. He talked about "pay to reload" in battlefield in stockholder's meeting. I can see some gamers defending that

Exactly where I'm coming from with my above quote.

BUT soon it will NOT be optional.

Fuck this shit. I'm going back to my roots dammit.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c6/Nintendo_Gameboy.jpg/175px-Nintendo_Gameboy.jpg http://gorgeouscompany.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/chess-as-a-drinking-game.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101213231232/familyguy/images/d/df/Ballcup.jpg

people don't understand, its optional at the minute but these micro payments get worse and worse. It started as armour and weapon skins then they have gone to selling more stuff. Then the next game it will more stuff.

Look at the Final Fantasy All the Bravest

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/18/final-fantasy-all-the-bravest-review

some really horrible micro payments, thats the future of gaming who players just bend over

As a customer I think it sucks but I can't fault them for wanting to make more money, that's goal numero uno in the end, we just get the short end of the stick.

Netflix make a helpful profit without fucking over their customers.