Suggestion

Concho

I have a small suggestion for the site.

I know the site has reviews somewhere but I think it would be really good that in the forum of each game there would be a sticky with either a copy of the review or a discussion about what the users of the forum can discuss the game like a group review.

I know a lot of the forums have game reviews from users but not all do and some are hidden far away. I think a sticky titled "X360A Users Review" in every single game forum as a sticky would be great.

The reason for this idea is I have a week off work and I've been looking through the forums to gain ideas of what games to buy to waste the week with! I was checking each forum for people's opinions and some opinions of the game where hard to find.

I'm not sure if you can find the official x360a review via the forums, but i do know that if you use the search engine to find the game, then the review, if one is present, will be there, along with any news, screenshots, etc...

Each game has an extensive portfolio and fact file, that gets added to over time.

Generally, if people want to discuss the official review, they create a thread in the specific forum, and then people discuss their views there.

Although, I think your 'group review' would be a good idea, because I don't think the administration encourage talking about the official reviews, but i'm not sure.

Personally, as i member of the review team, I'm happy to talk over any of the points i make in a review via pm, if you wish.

I have a suggestion too and this was one of the only places that came up in my search. But how about like a live chat room where people can talk live instead of on a message board. Maybe using Java or somthing like that. Maybe even an AIM or Yahoo Messager chat room thats always up and running. I only suggest this because I can never find someone to trade achievements when I need to its always the day after or much to late in the day.

I know a lot of the forums have game reviews from users but not all do and some are hidden far away. I think a sticky titled "X360A Users Review" in every single game forum as a sticky would be great.

I'd like to take your idea, and twist it a little, if you don't mind. :)

How about, instead of creating a whole new thread for the game's review (considering it has one), why not post a link to the game's review or completely copy it over and insert it into the 'Game Info' thread which I'm sure every game (or just about every game) has stickied.

Obviously we can then open the 'Game Info' threads (considering they're locked, I can't remember :p) and use them for discussing the game's info/review.

I remember someone talking about something like an omni-game thread in each forum, which would contain everything one would need involving the game (at the moment the game info threads are pretty useless). Basically what it should do is contain links to the game's page on the main site, the review, achievement guide (site version), official game site, etc.

It'd take time to set-up for every game, but it'd be a big help and would reduce a bit of clutter.

Though the achievement guide and achievement discussion threads should stay put.

So if a thread like that were to be made, it'd likely have a link to the review in it.

Or at least just have a link to the game's page on the main site at the top of each forum.

I remember someone talking about something like an omni-game thread in each forum, which would contain everything one would need involving the game (at the moment the game info threads are pretty useless). Basically what it should do is contain links to the game's page on the main site, the review, achievement guide (site version), official game site, etc.

It'd take time to set-up for every game, but it'd be a big help and would reduce a bit of clutter.

Though the achievement guide and achievement discussion threads should stay put.

I like that idea. Especially if it was implemented into the more popular games which are already cluttered with plenty of stickies.

Obviously we'd still keep threads for the achievement guides, achievement trading and achievement discussion, but for everything else, like mini-guides and 'how to get this achievement' threads we could unsticky them, but create a new thread with links to them.

We could also, like you said, create an omni-thread with links to various things about the game, like it's review, screenshots, videos and also contain the paragraph usually compiled for the Game Info threads.

I can see the idea behind this omi-thread thing, but it seems like a lot of effort for something that is already available. If you click on Retail Games on the front page you can then select any game you'd like and the review, guide, screens etc are all linked there.

Why repeat this stuff again in thr forums as it would just be the exact same links/info but you'd first have to go to the forums to get it.

Also, any comments on reviews are ALWAYS welcome. It's just that when the reviews had comments attached to them a lot of people would just type derogatory insults on there or one word responses. Maybe a thread would be handy where any forumites who wanted to could post questions - then the reviewer could answer them. An informal Q&A session style.

Good point about repeating stuff, but the omni-thread would be more of a link to both site stuff and forum stuff, so there would be some things you can't just find on the game's page.

And about review comments, I'm always open to them on mine. Just drop me a message or profile comment and I'll be happy to respond. It is a shame that we had to disable comments on the main site, but it makes sense why.

Good point about repeating stuff, but the omni-thread would be more of a link to both site stuff and forum stuff, so there would be some things you can't just find on the game's page.

And about review comments, I'm always open to them on mine. Just drop me a message or profile comment and I'll be happy to respond. It is a shame that we had to disable comments on the main site, but it makes sense why.

Why did they disable comments for reviews?

Maybe a thread would be handy where any forumites who wanted to could post questions - and the reviewer could answer them. An informal Q&A session style.

Seconded. I've seen a few things in reviews that I've disagreed with, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Just keep it clean from the idiots that will post something to the tune of "lolollllol Halo 3 iz t3h shiz it shuld get 103 on t3h rateds!" and it would be a pretty nice addition to the site.