Can't beat Deathstroke, any tips?

Rascalov

That's what I mean. the YYAY stuff works, but it kinda ruins the fight imo. I ended up just going back and forth between attacking and defending in this fight for the achievement, but the YYAY is what I needed for Shiva since I seemed to ALWAYS get hit by the one person not on the screen, and keeping everyone in front of me was key (as well as focusing on attacking only Shiva, and only using combo takedowns on the Ninja ladies at the beginning to thin their ranks).

I hadn't thought of grappling Deathstroke, primarily because the stupid grapple prompt kept coming up during the propane tank counter phase and it pissed me off, and Deathstroke not dodging or blocking the grapple 100% of the time seemed kind of silly.

Well if you do not mix it up then he will start to dodge the attack but that is why you build the combo to X5 or X8 (depending on your combat upgrades at the time) to hit him with one of them.....

Maybe the shiva fight has another move that would work well....Having still not got to there yet I would not know. I mean can you build your combo meter to X12? and go into focus mode and use power gadgets to help win the fight?

Also when the propane part came up the first time I was not expecting it at all and failed so hard at hitting Y....LOL.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I found a super easy method to beating Deathstroke, as soon as the fight starts double tap A and jump over him and hit X to strike him, and keep doing that the entire fight, you can build up your combo meter and use the B Y takedown move as soon as you can as many times as you can, you will only have to do counters during QTEs and the spamming of Y after the flash. He never got one hit on me and I never had the grapple hook shot at me like everyone mentioned. That's the way I beat him and it was super easy and super fast maybe 5 minutes.

I found a super easy method to beating Deathstroke, as soon as the fight starts double tap A and jump over him and hit X to strike him, and keep doing that the entire fight, you can build up your combo meter and use the B Y takedown move as soon as you can as many times as you can, you will only have to do counters during QTEs and the spamming of Y after the flash. He never got one hit on me and I never had the grapple hook shot at me like everyone mentioned. That's the way I beat him and it was super easy and super fast maybe 5 minutes.

Yeah that's not a bad way to beat him down......

I made a video guide a while back for the "Point Counter-Point" achievement on New Game+. I wasn't able to grab the achievement on my first playthrough because I kept getting hit and I was being impatient and wanted to continue on with the story. So, here's a video guide for those who missed it the first time around:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKUApurwowA]www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKUApurwowA[/ame]

I made a video guide a while back for the "Point Counter-Point" achievement on New Game+. I wasn't able to grab the achievement on my first playthrough because I kept getting hit and I was being impatient and wanted to continue on with the story. So, here's a video guide for those who missed it the first time around:

I could have done with that when I was trying to do that LOL.......

• 4 weeks later...

I'm desperate for this Deathstroke fight to be skipped. I've been playing for 3 days off and on and still can't beat him. I've read helpful tips all over the interwebs and still can't do it. Why don't one of you guys just come over and beat him for me? (I have doritos ;-) )

Seriously, today is the last day I'm going to try. And then it's back to gamefly. Which is such a disappointment because I've played all the batman games and I've loved them. I'm so annoyed.

I'm desperate for this Deathstroke fight to be skipped. I've been playing for 3 days off and on and still can't beat him. I've read helpful tips all over the interwebs and still can't do it. Why don't one of you guys just come over and beat him for me? (I have doritos ;-) )

Seriously, today is the last day I'm going to try. And then it's back to gamefly. Which is such a disappointment because I've played all the batman games and I've loved them. I'm so annoyed.

The best tip really is to take your time.....The next best tip would be to learn what his attacks are and time how to counter them....Also the grapple hook attack works well as an opener when used right....use do not forget the combo attacks you can do when you get a few hits on him....

• 2 months later...

Guys I have a solution to this but it's quite lengthy to post-however worth it if you definitely want the achievement (have a look at the achievement 'guide' notes themselves via the main list-the one where it shows you a video you can watch from PowerPyx)

Apologies as I tried to post it all in 1 go and its failed miserably so I'm having to post it in bits unless someone can tell me how I can edit and clean up the posts im putting up as its cutting me off mid sentence!

Guys I have a solution to this but it's quite lengthy to post-however worth it if you definitely want the achievement (have a look at the achievement 'guide' notes themselves via the main list-the one where it shows you a video you can watch from PowerPyx)

Apologies as I tried to post it all in 1 go and its failed miserably so I'm having to post it in bits unless someone can tell me how I can edit and clean up the posts im putting up as its cutting me off mid sentence!

It is not that hard really.....I mean if I can do it ( and I normally suck at fights in which you can not get hit) then anyone should be able to do it.....Plus this game has a boss fight with the same rule set up that makes this one look like a joke.......

• 4 weeks later...

All I did was counter all his attacks, then when he wasn't attacking, I'd evade right over top of him, then do a quick Batclaw Slam. (On Xbox, Evade is A+A, Batclaw Slam is LT+Y+X; on PS3, Evade is X+X, Batclaw Slam is L2+Triangle+Square).

:) hope this helped.

All I did was counter all his attacks, then when he wasn't attacking, I'd evade right over top of him, then do a quick Batclaw Slam. (On Xbox, Evade is A+A, Batclaw Slam is LT+Y+X; on PS3, Evade is X+X, Batclaw Slam is L2+Triangle+Square).

:) hope this helped.

Yeah the batclaw slam is very handy for dealing with him.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...