Achievement Guide with Roadmap

BillyBobTwo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously I don't get all the rage, it's just a matter of getting used to them.

ignore me im just annoyed at times in the game that just cheat me out of something and im just letting off some steam, i got right close to a SSS in combat only for a weak enemy to hit me from behind and it dropped to a B rank, it's just things like that i hate, even when timing things right i still get hit by a cheap shot from nowhere.

Dont even try that on your first playthrough, make it fun, believe me on Son of Sparda you will get a lot better. Always use your demon dodge and the arbiter, I get SSS on basically every fight. Right now I'm on Dante must die, being new to the DMC series I find it hard but doable. I'm still getting the SSS in combat. Don't let your human playthrough ruin the experience, I found it hard at first as well. Good Luck :)

Dont even try that on your first playthrough, make it fun, believe me on Son of Sparda you will get a lot better. Always use your demon dodge and the arbiter, I get SSS on basically every fight. Right now I'm on Dante must die, being new to the DMC series I find it hard but doable. I'm still getting the SSS in combat. Don't let your human playthrough ruin the experience, I found it hard at first as well. Good Luck :)

on the higher difficulties do you get more damage bonus or xp to help get the rank up?

also when you do a level do you have to get SSS on style and time at the same time, or can you just do the style then do the chapter again just for the time?

I believe its the same. And the SSS ranks its all in 1 run, Style is pretty easy, all I did was wait for them to strike and demon dodges level 2, then spammed trinity smash lv 2 (arbiter YY hold Y) and easily got SSS on all levels on Nephilim.

Ill post my times so you can see one does get slightly better:

Human 10 hours

Son of Sparda 5 hours

Heaven or Hell 2 hours

Nephilim 3:34 hours

(Upgrades take a while since they are 79) I got my last upgrade on my current run which is DMD.

On a side note: the controls for the game were uber hard for me at first but with each run you get used to it and a lot better.

Edited by STARINFLAMES21

I believe its the same. And the SSS ranks its all in 1 run, Style is pretty easy, all I did was wait for them to strike and demon dodges level 2, then spammed trinity smash lv 2 (arbiter YY hold Y) and easily got SSS on all levels on Nephilim.

Ill post my times so you can see one does get slightly better:

Human 10 hours

Son of Sparda 5 hours

Heaven or Hell 2 hours

Nephilim 3:34 hours

(Upgrades take a while since they are 79) I got my last upgrade on my current run which is DMD.

On a side note: the controls for the game were uber hard for me at first but with each run you get used to it and a lot better.

im going back through on human for the collectables at the moment, shame you cannot just do the style points rank first then the chapter again to do the time rank as that would have made it easier for me on the Nephilim run if i try it.

i do struggle with the bosses though, i just don't seem to be able to avoid their attacks, i'll have to watch some video's to see how to avoid them.

that combo is good, i also like the stinger i think it's called where you do a long range darting attack and it can do some good damage.

any decent combo with any angel weapons you can tell me about?

Yeah stinger is nice with a trillion stabs as well. Angels, I used Aquila's YY hold Y which brings all enemies to you then hold Y for the tornado. Angel weapons are more for crowd control than damage inducing weapons.

Also for your further runs take notice that there are many sections of enemies you can just run and avoid the fights for example mission 17. I'm currently sitting on mission 18 on Hell and Hell with just 2 hours and 39 minutes. They get shorter the more you play it :).

Edited by STARINFLAMES21

Seriously buddy, you HAVE to take the multiple "Video Credits" away, we can see it's Powerpyx, it's written everywhere. Maybe just put one credit in the intro and you're good but sometimes all we can see is "Powerpyx", you don't need to credit every single video, they make a pretty good job in crediting themselves and it appears clearly on the preview, AND during the video :)

Yeah stinger is nice with a trillion stabs as well. Angels, I used Aquila's YY hold Y which brings all enemies to you then hold Y for the tornado. Angel weapons are more for crowd control than damage inducing weapons.

Also for your further runs take notice that there are many sections of enemies you can just run and avoid the fights for example mission 17. I'm currently sitting on mission 18 on Hell and Hell with just 2 hours and 39 minutes. They get shorter the more you play it :).

i also like the Aquilla's B attack which is some sort of vertical spin attack, you can keep the attack going and it keeps them in the air for ages, the angel combo's i needed for the girl in the blue bubble and the blue shield guys, my problem is even though i can seem to sometimes dodge i always get hit from some sort of cheap shot, normally it's either blue bubble girl hitting me with the spears or those huge dogs when they glow gold or from there standard swipes.

the big bosses are hard for me too, mundas spawn and mundas being the main 2 problems for me.

The Aquila's B hold is for leaving an enemy apart for example a Rage, while you fight others. The witch (blue bubble girl) what I do is when she spawns her spears I switch to Osiris and hold B which reflects them back, then I demon pull her and trinity smash. If you are in a place with walls and corners try to get her in the corner so you can do the full smash.

Mundus is a joke, all I did was angel boost left to right and trinity smash him, but Mundus Spawn that I hate. I combine the parrying his punch and hitting his third arm with an Aerial Flush and when Lilith comes out I use Devil Trigger.

The Aquila's B hold is for leaving an enemy apart for example a Rage, while you fight others. The witch (blue bubble girl) what I do is when she spawns her spears I switch to Osiris and hold B which reflects them back, then I demon pull her and trinity smash. If you are in a place with walls and corners try to get her in the corner so you can do the full smash.

Mundus is a joke, all I did was angel boost left to right and trinity smash him, but Mundus Spawn that I hate. I combine the parrying his punch and hitting his third arm with an Aerial Flush and when Lilith comes out I use Devil Trigger.

sorry i got the wrong weapon, the scythe is the one that does the B spin attack.

Just got to 1000. Hell and Hell is a joke compared to Dante Must Die and the SSS achievement (which weren't terrible either). Super Dante is totally broken!

I actually only had 4000 kills when I was done tho...

TIP FOR 5000 KILLS:

So I went back to the Raptor News level on Heaven or Hell. In the parts where bob warps you away, enemies infinitely respawn until a certain time has elapsed at about one enemy per second! Just mash shoot! :uzi: I got about 80 kills in the first segment and 60 in the second. Even better, if you pause and do "restart from checkpoint" YOUR KILLS CARRY OVER. So just mash shoot until the segment is getting near its end, restart from checkpoint, rinse and repeat. I got a 1000 kills in 15 minutes. This has got to be the best way to do this!

• 4 weeks later...